Best looking costumed mascot...

I ate some that a sushi chef had flown in from WA one time years ago...watching him prepare while it was still alive was pretty interesting. Thereā€™s an episode of Dirty Jobs where they show how theyā€™re harvested too.
How did it taste? Iā€™m assuming the texture would be a little different from an oyster. I bet it would be good steamed and covered in spicy chili sauce.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
How did it taste? Iā€™m assuming the texture would be a little different from an oyster. I bet it would be good steamed and covered in spicy chili sauce.
Ehhh...not something I'd search out or probably eat again. A bit chewy and a taste of the ocean-- but if a good chef asks me to try something then I'm not going to turn it down.

7d161062-be70-4c81-bf34-45be531f4ea2-1261x2040.jpeg
Reminds me of the old Afrin commercials

1579800712942.jpeg

What is that thing? This is supposed to be angry wheat?

Iā€™m glad you asked . That Mr. Firebirdparts is the Shocker of the Wichita State Shockers.

If you feel the need to learn more, let me point you in the direction of looking up the term shocker on urban dictionary. Might help explain it further.

I remember when they almost beat Tennessee in 1981:eek:

I remember we played them in baseball in the NCAAā€™s in 2004 or 05 and I ended up being there with Rick Clausen and some of the other guys on the team through mutual friends. We were sitting behind the left field wall and the those guys were just railing on the left fielder, asking him to shoot the shocker sign and all this other stuff. It was pretty funny.

VN Store

Back