Best Guitar Solo of All Time

I almost posted that one bet ran across the other that showed a few different solos. That one is incredible though.
Love that George Harrison tribute. When you think who was on stage, Wow!! And Prince is almost unnoticeable over on the side, and then he lights it up.

Saw Leo Kottke in a small theater in Mass. in 1976. Best accoustic I hav ever heard live. If he had suddenly quit playing you could have heard a pin drop. We ere in awe. Also check out some Joe Bnamassa.Opened for BB King when he was 12 yars old.

The solo in the Kiss song Thrills in the Night by Mark St John is amazing also Ace's solo on into the night along with the outgoing solo is fantastic

The solo in the Kiss song Thrills in the Night by Mark St John is amazing also Ace's solo on into the night along with the outgoing solo is fantastic

Admittedly, Ace is extremely limited in his guitar 'vocabulary' but I've always admired how much mileage he's gotten out of what little skill he has. I've also always loved his sense of groove and melody. Back in the 70's and on his 80's solo albums, he played some tasty solos.

I've always loved this version of "Breakout" he did with Ritchie Scarlett! I wish Ace had recruited Ritchie to be his singer from the beginning instead of Tod Howarth. I think Ritchie's raspy rock voice fit Ace's style better. Plus, a young Anton Fig on drums here absolutely kicks butt!

Y'all named some of my favorite. I've played guitar for about 40 years now... What I think is a great solo is one that you can't get out of your head.. One that you can recite in thoughts like lyrics in a song.. Comfortably Numb, Stairway to Heaven are perfect examples.. I always liked Marty Friedmans part in Lucretia. Here is another one I have always liked..

This is a tough one. I like almost any solo that compliments the song. All too often in extreme metal the solos are just a lousy attempt at speed.

All time..probably Pink Floyd: Mother

Extreme metal? Too many to list but the ones below I still can remember by name:

Mork Gryning - World of the Dragon. I have always loved the long bend at the beginning of the solo

Pantera - Floods (almost all Pantera solos are great)

Dark Tranquillity - Punish My Heaven

Y'all named some of my favorite. I've played guitar for about 40 years now... What I think is a great solo is one that you can't get out of your head.. One that you can recite in thoughts like lyrics in a song.. Comfortably Numb, Stairway to Heaven are perfect examples.. I always liked Marty Friedmans part in Lucretia. Here is another one I have always liked..

40 year player here myself. Here is a tasty. Even a Wat Lady

Last edited:

VN Store

Back