Best Guitar Solo of All Time

Impossible to say what the "best" one is but here are some of my favorite/most inspiring solos. (And yes OP, the EVH one you posted is most definitely one of them so I'll not double post.)

The Gary Moore mention will get you a like every time from me. A fantastic guitar player, whether he was shredding or playing the blues. And fwiw, not a bad singer either.

The Gary Moore mention will get you a like every time from me. A fantastic guitar player, whether he was shredding or playing the blues. And fwiw, not a bad singer either.

Yup! Gary Moore was the $hit! It so pisses me off that hack Kirk "wahh wahh pedal" Hammett now owns Gary's 59 Les Paul! He's not deserving of such a fine instrument with so much history!

Yup! Gary Moore was the $hit! It so pisses me off that hack Kirk "wahh wahh pedal" Hammett now owns Gary's 59 Les Paul! He's not deserving of such a fine instrument with so much history!
I'd rather John Sykes have wound up with Gary's Les Paul than Hammett, given the Thin Lizzy/Philip Lynott connection. And speaking of wah wah pedals and Lizzy, I'd rather hear Brian Robertson using his pedal any day over just about anyone else.

Son, that guitar belonged to Peter Green. That's why it's called "Greeny." Not "Moorey." And I whole heartedly agree with you. I also would agree with you if you were to come out against Joe Bonnamassa and the horse hockey he's pulling with the vintage guitar market, as well as he is not a blues guitarist.

As much as I've loved Gary since before he was even in Lizzy, he couldn't wipe Peter Green's brow of sweat.

I'd rather John Sykes have wound up with Gary's Les Paul than Hammett, given the Thin Lizzy/Philip Lynott connection. And speaking of wah wah pedals and Lizzy, I'd rather hear Brian Robertson using his pedal any day over just about anyone else.

Ahhh man! Talk to me! John Sykes, file him under the "where are they now" guitar players who could absolutely rip! It's a shame he's not doing anything anymore. I saw him live back in the day when he was with Blue Murder. I would've given anything to see him when he was with Thin Lizzy. It was rumored a while back he was working on a solo project but shelved it because he thought no one would care about it. SMDH!

I'm a huge fan of Brian Robertson too! The guitar harmonizing he did with Scott Gorham was so great on those early Thin Lizzy albums!

Reactions: EricStratton
Son, that guitar belonged to Peter Green. That's why it's called "Greeny." Not "Moorey." And I whole heartedly agree with you. I also would agree with you if you were to come out against Joe Bonnamassa and the horse hockey he's pulling with the vintage guitar market, as well as he is not a blues guitarist.

As much as I've loved Gary since before he was even in Lizzy, he couldn't wipe Peter Green's brow of sweat.

Yes I know it originally belonged to Peter Green. However it also belonged to Gary Moore and he is who we were discussing. As for the "he couldn't wipe Peter's brow of sweat" comment. Why can't they just both be great players and leave it at that?

And for what it's worth, I like Joe Bonamassa and find him very entertaining. I got to see him live last year right before COVID hit. I don't know if he's a "blues" guitarist or fake blues or rock or whatever you want to label him. But I think he's passionate about playing and he's a real gear nerd, which I like. I love his Live At The Royal Albert Hall album.

Last edited:
I LITERALLY was getting ready to post his "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" performance! LOL! Yes, Prince could absolutely rip!

I almost posted that one bet ran across the other that showed a few different solos. That one is incredible though.

VN Store

Back