Best Driver in Nascar

Who is The best driver in nascar

• Total voters
Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 7, 2005 10:03 PM
I mean come on,  we have Nascar drivers saying that they will never race f1 cause diana patrick is in it.  I just can imagine what they will say if a african american man goes into nascar or if a girl goes into nascar. 
[snapback]123549[/snapback]​

First of all, her name is Danica Patrick, not Diana. (Yes, it's a big deal to me because I absolutely worship her). Second, she drives in the IRL, not F1. It was the CEO of F1 racing who refered to her as a domestic appliance, so the F1 crowd dosen't need to say a damn thing to me about NASCAR being sexist. Thirdly, it was Robby Gordon who made the comment about not racing against her. It had to do with her weight being an unfair advantage (a ridiculous assertion, but that's what he said). Saying that all NASCAR drivers are rednecks based on the fact that Robby Gordon is a total d**k is like saying that all NFL players are arrogant, self centered pricks like terell owens.

so name one nascar driver that isnt a redneck????????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 8, 2005 5:14 PM
so name one nascar driver that isnt a redneck????????????????????????????????????????
[snapback]124016[/snapback]​

Kasey Kane and name one basketball player that dosent care about the money he is making

Originally posted by thebradmanvolfan@Aug 8, 2005 5:17 PM
Kasey Kane  and name one  basketball  player that dosent care about the money he is making
[snapback]124017[/snapback]​

can't do that. But hell if you had the chance to make 100 mil would you take 20 mil? don't change the subject. I was talking about myhate for nascar because of how strong the rasicm is in nascar and you bring up money in the nba? sont see the relation.

You're the one making the accusation, so please tell us which drivers are rednecks and why. If you can't give a patricular reason why a particular driver is a redneck, then you've just proven yourself to be a blowhard. If you don't like NASCAR then why are posting in a NASCAR thread?

Maybe you are right, I wont post on here anymore, but you do have to admit that nascar is a rasict sport.

At one time NASCAR may have been racist, but I don't think so anymore. The team owners are interested in one thing, sponsership money, and they will put the best prospect in the car to achieve that end, regardless of race, gender, or anything else. Several team owners are trying to actively recruit African-American to come and drive for then, but there apparently isn't much interest. Same with women drivers. And rumor has it that Rick Hendrick is trying to get Danica :yahoo: :yahoo:

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 8, 2005 5:14 PM
[snapback]124016[/snapback]​

Kasey Kahne, Tony Stewart, Brian Vickers, Jimmie Johnson, Jeremy Mayfield, Dale Jr.( sounds like one but doesn't act like one)..Several others

Move on 2345. The moronic statements you are making only you put you in a parallel class as those "redneck, racist NASCAR fans". You know what everyone, I hate rap music. I think that I am going to go to a rap music forum and waste all my time there just so I can convince everyone on it that I am right. Yeah, that's what I'll do. PLEASE!! Go back to the UT football board where you post decent conversation!!!

on a lighter note....lol.....best driver is smoke...period. wish he would change his car color....lol. :peace:

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Aug 10, 2005 7:22 PM
on a lighter note....lol.....best driver is smoke...period. wish he would change his car color....lol. :peace:
[snapback]125369[/snapback]​

Nah........thats what makes him even more great!!!!! :laugh1:

Originally posted by GOT TWELVE?@Aug 10, 2005 8:22 PM
[snapback]125369[/snapback]​

Nah....he needs to run a special paint scheme at Talladega and put a giant power T right on that hood :dance:

Originally posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange@Aug 10, 2005 11:28 PM
Nah....he needs to run a special paint scheme at Talladega and put a giant power T right on that hood  :dance:
[snapback]125450[/snapback]​

Thats what i am talking about :bow:

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Aug 14, 2005 10:39 PM
The best driver in NASCAR strikes again today!!!  CONGRATS TONY STEWART!!!
[snapback]126689[/snapback]​

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange@Aug 8, 2005 5:34 PM
At one time NASCAR may have been racist, but I don't think so anymore. The team owners are interested in one thing, sponsership money, and they will put the best prospect in the car to achieve that end, regardless of race, gender, or anything else. Several team owners are trying to actively recruit African-American to come and drive for then, but there apparently isn't much interest. Same with women drivers. And rumor has it that Rick Hendrick is trying to get Danica :yahoo:  :yahoo:
[snapback]124022[/snapback]​

I've read the posts on this topic and notiiced nobody has mentioned Wendell Scott, an African American Grand National (Winston Cup in later days) driver back in the 60's. They made a movie about him. Richard Pryor played the role. They also had a black guy named Willie T. Ribbs who tried NASCAR for a while in the 80's but couldn't cut it. NASCAR doesn't shut out anybody based on race or gender, contrary to popular belief. I believe that in the next few years, we'll see some real good female drivers come along and become established stars in NASCAR. That little girl in IRL may have opened the door. I really pulled hard for her to win Indy and she came in a whisker of doing it, too.

Since this is an opinion poll, I think the best present day driver is Tony Stewart and not just because he's hot right now. Jeff Gordon's right up there with him. I think Jack Rausch works hardest to give his drivers the best equipment. My favorite driver is Kevin Harvick, just because he, like his predecessor E sr. will run over your a-- if you get in his way.

Most promising up and coming driver is Truex, Jr.

The best old timers were Earnhardt Sr, Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, David Pearson, Junior Johnson, Buck Baker, Bobby Allison and Fred Lorenzen. Fireball Roberts was great,too, but was killed just as he was peaking. A great loss for the sport.

Of the old timers, I rank Petty and Earnhardt Sr. as equally the best of all time.

I don't like the way NASCAR is always changing the rules around. The quest for parity (under the guise of spectator safety) is why you have restrictor plate races which will put you to sleep unless you're waiting for the big one (25 car wreck). As E sr. said, get rid of the plates. Move the damn grandstands back and let us race.

And finally, If my mother was out there driving a Ford, I'd root for her to wreck!

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 8, 2005 3:25 PM
Maybe you are right,  I wont post on here anymore,  but you do have to admit that nascar is a rasict sport.
[snapback]124020[/snapback]​

Theres a guy named Magic Johnson,(Perhaps ya heard of him 2345?) that is heading the NASCAR's newly created Executive Steering Committee for Diversity. Nascar has most likely had some racists over the years, but now there is very little if any. Magic is helping with bringing African Americans, Hispanics, and women to NASCAR.
Read This.....
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?id=1805478

BTW-IMO- Dale Earnhardt, Driver #3 is the greatest. Rest in Peace Dale.

I'm not much of a NASCAR fan but I'm aware of the sport and have watched segments of 1 or 2 races each year.

I don't understand it. What's to understand you may ask?

Just as a casual outside observer, the two drivers I dislike the most seems to be the 'fan favorites'. Those drivers being earnhardt and Tony Stewart. I don't pull for any driver. I just don't know enough about them to be a fan of any of them.
otoh, I pull against the 20 and 9 (or is that 3 or both).

Whatever. I guess I'm just not redneck enough to get it.

I wont get into the redneck issue nor the racist!

No one can say its a southern sport any longer. In the 40's 50's early 60's there wasnt that many complaints, as long as the shine was quality.

Originally posted by wncvolfan@Aug 18, 2005 9:00 PM
I've read the posts on this topic and notiiced nobody has mentioned Wendell Scott, an African American Grand National (Winston Cup in later days) driver back in the 60's.  They made a movie about him.  Richard Pryor played the role.  They also had a black guy named Willie T. Ribbs who tried NASCAR for a while in the 80's but couldn't cut it. 
I
]I believe that in the next few years, we'll see some real good female drivers come along and become established stars in NASCAR.  That little girl in IRL may have opened the door.  I really pulled hard for her to win Indy and she came in a whisker of doing it, too

Yes she did. Damn it still breaks my heart that she lost to that cocky brit. I tell you what, there are LOTS of really good women drivers out there today. Danica carries the banner, but there are lots of others too. There was a woman in the IRL before Danica named Sarah Fisher, who is driving in the NASCAR West division for RCR now. Richard is talking about running her in a few Busch races before the year is over. Kelly Sutton is driving the 02 truck in the Craftsman Truck Series. I don't know how good she is, but she has a compelling story that makes me want to pull for her. Kelly has MS, and had to give up racing for a couple of years while she was confined to a wheelchair. For her to be able to get around is great, to actually race again is awesome. I'm pulling for her. The most talented of the lot may be Erin Crocker. She is driving for Ray Evernham in the ARCA series. Erin has come close to winning several times this year, and she will probably wind up beating Danica and everyone else and become the first woman to win in a major racing series. Lastly I'll mention my favorites. Danica is just awesome. I'm gonna build a Danica shrine where I can go in and pray to her three times a day :bow: . Then, of course, Deborah Renshaw. I've been a huge fan of Deborah's for several years, back when she was running late models at Nashville. She had to endure alot of predjudice back then from all of the a$$holes who were competing against her. Deborah is a helluva driver and she'll really go places if she can land in the right situation.

Originally posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange@Aug 20, 2005 9:13 AM
Wendall Scott is the only African American to win a Winston Cup race, in the early sixties I believe. I can't find it right now, but it's in one of my NASCAR yearbooks I'm sure. An interesting note I read recently read about Willy T Ribbs. Going into the 78 season, Humpy Wheeler had decided he was going to make Willy into a star. Humpy worked out a deal to build Willy a Ford Torino for the 78 World 600. Well leading up to the race, Willy took the Charlotte police on a high speed chase, and was released from the ride, and replaced by some guy named Dale Earnhardt.

Another guy to look out for is Bill Lester. Bill is an African American driving in the Craftsman Truck Series, and he is getting closer and closer eack week. It's only a matter of time before he winds up winning one of these things.
Yes she did. Damn it still breaks my heart that she lost to that cocky brit. I tell you what, there are LOTS of really good women drivers out there today. Danica carries the banner, but there are lots of others too. There was a woman in the IRL before Danica named Sarah Fisher, who is driving in the NASCAR West division for RCR now. Richard is talking about running her in a few Busch races before the year is over. Kelly Sutton is driving the 02 truck in the Craftsman Truck Series. I don't know how good she is, but she has a compelling story that makes me want to pull for her. Kelly has MS, and had to give up racing for a couple of years while she was confined to a wheelchair. For her to be able to get around is great, to actually race again is awesome. I'm pulling for her. The most talented of the lot may be Erin Crocker. She is driving for Ray Evernham in the ARCA series. Erin has come close to winning several times this year, and she will probably wind up beating Danica and everyone else and become the first woman to win in a major racing series. Lastly I'll mention my favorites. Danica is just awesome. I'm gonna build a Danica shrine where I can go in and pray to her three times a day  :bow: . Then, of course, Deborah Renshaw. I've been a huge fan of Deborah's for several years, back when she was running late models at Nashville. She had to endure alot of predjudice back then from all of the a$$holes who were competing against her. Deborah is a helluva driver and she'll really go places if she can land in the right situation.
[snapback]128692[/snapback]​

:yahoo: Man, I'd love to see Danica running Winston (sorry) Nextel Cup races. And --dare I say it?---winning the Daytona 500 or maybe the Brickyard 400. As for gender bias, there may be some still around in racing but women drivers like Lynn St. James, Janet Guthrie, and Shirley (Cha Cha) Muldowney did a lot to change some attitudes. Shirley kicked a lot of butt in the NHRA before she got hurt. Speaking of drag racing, Big John Force has a daughter who's turning some heads now in the NHRA. As you guessed, I like drag racing as well as oval track racing. I wish there were more drag meets televised. ESPN does ok with the limited number they cover but they spend too much time looking for interviews between races than getting into the more interesting technical stuff like NASCAR networks do.

Originally posted by wncvolfan@Aug 20, 2005 12:16 PM
:yahoo: Man, I'd love to see Danica running Winston (sorry) Nextel Cup races.  And --dare I say it?---winning the Daytona 500 or maybe the Brickyard 400.  .
[snapback]128725[/snapback]​

The last time the subject was raised with her, she said that she's not interested in making a move right now. She likes the flexibility of the smaller schedule that the IRL runs. However, she has also said that she will not rule it out completely. Now, rumor has it that Rick Hendrick is interested in signing her :victory: . If she does ever decide to go the NASCAR route then I hope that she will sign up with a top team like Hendrick or Roush that will give her a chance to win.

The last time the subject was raised with her, she said that she's not interested in making a move right now. She likes the flexibility of the smaller schedule that the IRL runs. However, she has also said that she will not rule it out completely. Now, rumor has it that Rick Hendrick is interested in signing her :victory: . If she does ever decide to go the NASCAR route then I hope that she will sign up with a top team like Hendrick or Roush that will give her a chance to win.
[snapback]128794[/snapback]​

I guess it might be a good idea if she got a little more cockpit time in IRL before she makes a move. I'd be willing to lay money she'll eventually be in NASCAR, though. The $$$ is too good and the popularity is much higher for Nextel Cup. Hope it's soon. I'd love to see that little girl give Jeffy a good spanking on the track.

VN Store

Back