Best Defense

Who has the best Defense in the Nation? Based on: Competition faced AND Nastiest hits. And not last years' hits this years' hits. Opinions are welcomed.

Andrew Hatch got absolutely lit up by some guy on auburn.. dear lord.

Auburn has a very good D, as does LSU as does USC.

I'll take USC's D by a nose over Auburn's. Auburn has a stout D line, but can't match the back 7 at USC.

Auburn has a very good D, as does LSU as does USC.

I'll take USC's D by a nose over Auburn's. Auburn has a stout D line, but can't match the back 7 at USC.

I think are just as good in the back seven if not better. For one their corners have to play on the island. I dislike corners that get to play back off the ball in safe zone coverage. Also Taylor Mays doesn't make that many big plays to warrant his lofty ranking.

Sure you don't want me to move this discussion to your "USC isn't that good" thread?

TCU has a surprisingly good defense so far. We'll see how it holds up against Oklahoma.

Sure you don't want me to move this discussion to your "USC isn't that good" thread?

TCU has a surprisingly good defense so far. We'll see how it holds up against Oklahoma.

TCU traditionally plays good defense. Haven't gotten a chance to watch them this year.

I think are just as good in the back seven if not better. For one their corners have to play on the island. I dislike corners that get to play back off the ball in safe zone coverage. Also Taylor Mays doesn't make that many big plays to warrant his lofty ranking.

Seriously man, no one is going to think any less of you if you just admit you are wrong about USC

Seriously man, no one is going to think any less of you if you just admit you are wrong about USC

What? I like the defenses down here. I also grade a team on how much of an impact I think they will have in the NFL. I like hitters that hit and hit hard. USC tackles well but when it comes to laying you out they won't really do that. They hit QBs hard but I like to see when a defense make everybody pay the price. I don't grade on points they give up to conference foe either. Because if you play a team each and every year a coach will know how to attack a fast and nasty defense.

Big Rey from USC will punish anybody that comes his way. USC has the best defense, hands down.

Big Rey from USC will punish anybody that comes his way. USC has the best defense, hands down.

I watched him very closely in the OSU game. He was blocked out of to many plays for my liking. He also was diving at ankles a lot. Don't think I'm tryng to bash him but its the truth. Go back and watch the game he didn't destroy anybody and they were running right up the middle without Beanie early on in the game.

What? I like the defenses down here. I also grade a team on how much of an impact I think they will have in the NFL. I like hitters that hit and hit hard. USC tackles well but when it comes to laying you out they won't really do that. They hit QBs hard but I like to see when a defense make everybody pay the price. I don't grade on points they give up to conference foe either. Because if you play a team each and every year a coach will know how to attack a fast and nasty defense.

SC has knocked out more than there fare share of QBs. I'm not sure where you are getting your info.

SC has knocked out more than there fare share of QBs. I'm not sure where you are getting your info.

Did you read what i posted. I said not just QBs all of the skill players. I like to see everybody pay. Since you don't understand that means RBs, TEs, Wrs. SKILL PLAYERS.

Did you read what i posted. I said not just QBs all of the skill players. I like to see everybody pay. Since you don't understand that means RBs, TEs, Wrs. SKILL PLAYERS.

Nowhere in the post he quoted did it say skill players. It referenced QB's only.

I hate to burst your bubble but hard hits do not necessarily equal a dominant defense. Just like the gator fan said about Joe Haden's hit. I doubt anybody considers UF's D as one of the best in the country regardless of their stats against terrible offenses so far. USC has been the most impressive with Auburn and LSU not too far behind. Auburn and LSU's D-lines might make them the most effective defenses in the country if not the most talented.

I hate to burst your bubble but hard hits do not necessarily equal a dominant defense. Just like the gator fan said about Joe Haden's hit. I doubt anybody considers UF's D as one of the best in the country regardless of their stats against terrible offenses so far. USC has been the most impressive with Auburn and LSU not too far behind. Auburn and LSU's D-lines might make them the most effective defenses in the country if not the most talented.

I just said what I liked in a defense. Its what's called MY OPINION. I guess I have to think like you.

You can have the defense that lays the big hits, I'll take the one that wraps up and always brings the runner down.

It has been a while since I have seen a team hit as hard, from kickoff to closing whistle, as South Florida did against KU.

VN Store

Back