Best College Football Environments (Vols dominate top 4)

This article was written Thursday. I wonder if the Army-Navy game would have slipped into the top ten if it were written today. I watched a little of it, and it was a pretty impressive environment. Really tough pulling against either of those two.

The Tennessee-Florida game belonged on that list too. It wasn't as crazy or significant as Alabama, but it was a huge crowd and atmosphere with plenty of madness. Definitely belongs on that list over other games they had ranked. Cowards!
That game definitely had me stressing lol

I was at the South Carolina game, the atmosphere at that game to me was very underwhelming (unless you love techno music)

Yes. A constant unending stream of Sandstorm and people barking "USC USC USC USC USC USC USC" over and over and over.

I was at the South Carolina game, the atmosphere at that game to me was very underwhelming (unless you love techno music)

Me too, and it was all fabricated light shows and video board assisted GAME-COCK chants. But listening to that for those constant 3.5 minute TV breaks was annoyingly tiresome. Almost seems a bit unfair to be able to do all those tricks and videos during nationally televised TV games.

Our Alabama environment was far superior to UGAs against us.

The crowd in Athens had a greater effect on Tennessee's offense than the crowd in Neyland had on Alabama's offense.

Alabama either lacked the players in the secondary Georgia has, or they had a poor game plan.

Every game I've attended in Knoxville was a great environment, from the moment the band major started kicking. 2nd halves not so much.

They inasmuch admitted the uk game at Neyland was very loud. No school was going to be on the list more than one time for a home game. Florida was maybe (?) louder than uk. Overall, I’d say this season collectively produced the loudest crowds in Neyland history since 1998. In any event, crowd noise will no doubt be part of the storyline for next season.

I’m betting it could be part of the storyline for TBA and LNS this year, too. If you haven’t been to a BaseVols game, you are really missing out. It is awesome.

Reactions: Frosty
The crowd in Athens had a greater effect on Tennessee's offense than the crowd in Neyland had on Alabama's offense.

Alabama either lacked the players in the secondary Georgia has, or they had a poor game plan.

Every game I've attended in Knoxville was a great environment, from the moment the band major started kicking. 2nd halves not so much.
I was in Neyland for the 2013 UGA game. Loudest place I've been - and it ain't even close.

You must be a fairly new Dawg fan.

I was in Neyland for the 2013 UGA game. Loudest place I've been - and it ain't even close.

I was there as well. To this day, even in a loss, it was the best game Butch Jones ever coached.

And, yes, it was LOUD.

This is a thread about game environments, not a thread for you have a personal pissing contest about Alabama and Georgia.

Neyland's gameday experience and crowd engagement will never be second place to anyone.

This is a thread about game environments, not a thread for you have a personal pissing contest about Alabama and Georgia.

Neyland's gameday experience and crowd engagement will never be second place to anyone.

This is a thread about INDIVIDUAL GAME ENVIRONMENTS FOR THIS SEASON ONLY. I'm super familiar with Neyland Stadium. Been attending games there for a long time - many times on the 50.

Here's one that will surprise many of you dolts who are so quick to jump on me for being a Georgia guy - my wife and sister in law have 4 season tickets. Both are life members of the Presidents Club. Their father had a box back in the day and a houseboat in the Vol Navy.

There isn't a person on this board that can tell me anything about Neyland Stadium and the environment for which I am not already familiar.

No. Why would you make such an assumption based upon a comment that only involved two games this season - that was factually accurate?

Your comments:

You clearly haven’t been attending long. Sounds like you may be a fair weather fan.

Your comments:

You clearly haven’t been attending long. Sounds like you may be a fair weather fan.

That's what I thought also, at least, the 2nd half comment. I've been to tons of games in Knoxville that were great from start to finish, Pregame, kickoff, first half, second half, final score, win or lose, they were great crowds and great atmospheres. Off the top of my head, Florida 1999, Georgia 2001, Florida 2004, 2006 Cal, 2007 Georgia, 2015 Oklahoma, and of course, 2022 has been exemplary all year.

But I haven't sat on the 50 for all those so maybe I just don't understand. Hey - wait - I have sat on the 50 for some of those. Oh well, everyone's a critic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VN Store

Back