Best College Football Entrance

Hmm, I think we're #1. But then, of course I would, wouldn't I?

Nevertheless, here's my argument for us leapfrogging #1-4 on this list:

#1 - Clemson -- they're only high on the list because of recent success. Ten years ago, no one was talking about the tiger paw lads running down the hill onto the field unless it was to talk about what a bad idea it was: twisted ankles and all. Okay, rubbing the rock is unique, but it's also a little homoerotic, isn't it? I mean, you want me to rub Howard's what? Let them be #3, I guess, but only if the lads are using hand sanitizer after they get down to the sidelines.

#2 - Auburn -- this isn't even an entrance onto the field. It's the Auburn equivalent to the Vol Walk. Which we do a heck of a lot better, even at bowl games far from home. Cheers for the Auburn fans showing out for their lads, but: Disqualified.

#3 - South Carolina -- this gets the #2 spot, maybe. Only two problems with it. First, it's kind of young for a tradition (more about that in just a sec when we get to Arizona State), and second, I don't get the link between the university and space. Maybe if the campus were right beside Kennedy Space Center, in Florida? Or if Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were USCe alums? But to be inspired by an Elvis arrival (literally, this is where they got the idea, from an Elvis concert...you know, Elvis...from Tennessee)...well, it's cool and all but has no cultural significance to their university. At least it gets to remain on the list, unlike Auburn.

#4 - Arizona State -- I'm all about recognizing American heroes, and I'm super proud of the school for naming a part of their campus after Pat Tillman. But come on, Sun Devils! A friggin tunnel? A hole...in a building. You couldn't find an entire building to name? Or a street? Or even an intersection or coffee stand? ANYTHING tangible? You honored Pat by naming a hole after him. And now we're gonna recognize you on a list of the best entrances in college football because your players run out of that hole onto the field. In a "tradition" that dates back a whole...decade? You can do better.

Conclusion: Running Through the T is #1.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
I was actually surprised that Va Tech wasn’t overrated as usual. It’s usually anywhere between 1-3.

Not having FSU on there is a joke. I don't care who you are. Nothing says your ready for war more than when Chief Osceola rides out on Renegade with a spear of fire and the crowd doing the Tomahawk chant.

Most epic imo

Gotta agree with this to be honest. And that Chief Osceola has a range of acting ability as well, I mean when he did the Crying Indian impersonation from the littering commercials from the 70's on Jan 4, 1999.....I mean....WOW!!!....still get chills from that.

FSU is top 5

Not a fan of Clemson because loading up on buses for a home games and running down a hill...too much like an obstacle course.

South Carolina's routine is too new to have any merit.

Colorado had a good one with the buffalo leading the charge...(think they had to stop)

So really we should have had 3 in the Top 10:

1. Running through the T
2. Vol Walk
3. Touching the "I will give my all for Tennessee!" sign.

Also like "Tiger Walk" which is possibly older than Vol Walk.

Texas Tech Masked Raider and GT Rambling Wreck are pretty cool too.

Miami and VT ones looked pretty lame though.

Not sure I would have left off Running in Ralphie the Buffalo at Colorado, Bevo the Longhorn, Air Force Flyovers/Falcon demo, Oklahoma Sooner Wagon (especially when it flips), and FSU spear toss.

I would give an honorable mention for LSU forcing opponents to pass by Mike the Tiger.

Last edited:
Hmm, I think we're #1. But then, of course I would, wouldn't I?

Nevertheless, here's my argument for us leapfrogging #1-4 on this list:

#1 - Clemson -- they're only high on the list because of recent success. Ten years ago, no one was talking about the tiger paw lads running down the hill onto the field unless it was to talk about what a bad idea it was: twisted ankles and all. Okay, rubbing the rock is unique, but it's also a little homoerotic, isn't it? I mean, you want me to rub Howard's what? Let them be #3, I guess, but only if the lads are using hand sanitizer after they get down to the sidelines.

#2 - Auburn -- this isn't even an entrance onto the field. It's the Auburn equivalent to the Vol Walk. Which we do a heck of a lot better, even at bowl games far from home. Cheers for the Auburn fans showing out for their lads, but: Disqualified.

#3 - South Carolina -- this gets the #2 spot, maybe. Only two problems with it. First, it's kind of young for a tradition (more about that in just a sec when we get to Arizona State), and second, I don't get the link between the university and space. Maybe if the campus were right beside Kennedy Space Center, in Florida? Or if Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were USCe alums? But to be inspired by an Elvis arrival (literally, this is where they got the idea, from an Elvis concert...you know, Elvis...from Tennessee)...well, it's cool and all but has no cultural significance to their university. At least it gets to remain on the list, unlike Auburn.

#4 - Arizona State -- I'm all about recognizing American heroes, and I'm super proud of the school for naming a part of their campus after Pat Tillman. But come on, Sun Devils! A friggin tunnel? A hole...in a building. You couldn't find an entire building to name? Or a street? Or even an intersection or coffee stand? ANYTHING tangible? You honored Pat by naming a hole after him. And now we're gonna recognize you on a list of the best entrances in college football because your players run out of that hole onto the field. In a "tradition" that dates back a whole...decade? You can do better.

Conclusion: Running Through the T is #1.

Go Vols!
Clemson - the only reason they run down "the hill" is because if they don't run, they need to side step or tumble down into the gully. Watch as cleaned up and leveled with stands poured up the sides of the hill/gully. Bye the way, isn't that rock they pat or grab to slow themselves down from somewhere else in the county?

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I don’t have a problem with the rock or running down the hill, but Clemson’s bus ride thing is so stupid to me. When I come out of the locker room the adrenaline is pumping and I’m ready to go. Seems like coming out and getting on a bus takes away from the high emotions built up in the locker room. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Not having FSU on there is a joke. I don't care who you are. Nothing says your ready for war more than when Chief Osceola rides out on Renegade with a spear of fire and the crowd doing the Tomahawk chant.

Most epic imo
Agreed. My top 5 would be these...

1. Tennessee - running through the T
2. Florida State - Chief Osceola
3. Southern Cal - Tommy Trojan
4. Oklahoma - Boomer Sooner
5. Texas - Bevo entrance

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back