Best and worst thing you’ve seen live at a Tennessee football game

Orangeslice13

RockyTop is back, Let’s Go!!
The most heartbreaking thing I’ve seen was in 1990 when we were about to win over Notre Dame and we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
A close 2nd was the fumble vs Ga in 1980. (I’m old)

The best thing I’ve ever seen was the fumble caused by the hand of G-d vs Arkansas.
A close 2nd was the 35 point 1st quarter also Arkansas.

What about you?
What’s your best and worst?

The most heartbreaking thing I’ve seen was in 1990 when we were about to win over Notre Dame and we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

The best thing I’ve ever seen was the fumble caused by the hand of G-d vs Arkansas.

What about you?
Best? 1982 Alabama, or 1998 arkansas. Worst? Hob nail boot.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Best was the game winning FG against BAMA last year, the worst I’m not going to call out the game because I don’t blame the players, but watching our offensive linemen dance during the time out backed up inside our 5 then watch the defense stuff them. Worst coaching, worst team attitude

2001 SEC championship game walking out of the Ga. Dome and seein all the orange roses laying on the floor. Rose bowl bound and playing for a 2nd national championship if we took care of LSU that night.
Thanks for making me relive that schiiitttshow......😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Best: 1997 SEC Championship
Best at Neyland: Norte Dame win
Worst loss: Wyoming or North Texas State
Worst game experience: Bama 1980 (I think) when the game was played in a monsoon and they dragged us up and down the field.
Best individual performance: Eric Grays 250 yd game against Vandy

Reactions: MAD
Best was seeing the Sugar Vols destroy Miami in the Sugar Bowl. My goodness all the NFL players off of both of those teams!
Worst has been from 2009 through last Saturday. Tied with that is the knucklehead Botch Jones crying like a freakin 1st grader after Jennings gave him a miracle in Georgia.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Worst
‘80 USC game winning field goal as time expired
‘83 Ole Miss, strip fumble at the 1 yard line
‘90 Bama, 6 points a week after scoring 45 against the Gators

Best
‘85 Auburn
‘86 Sugar Bowl
‘89 Auburn in the rain
‘89 Ole Miss, Webb with 294 yards
‘90 Florida

What about you?
Despite the loss, the ‘90 Notre Dame game is the best football game I have seen in person.

Best: 2004 Florida. Complete insanity when Wilhoit hit the FG after missing the XP earlier.

Worst: I can't remember which year, but watching Bama take over Neyland during the Dooley fiasco. The BYU game also really pissed me off.

Best: 90 Florida, runners up 72 Penn St., 79 ND, 82 Bama.
Worst: 90 Pacific, runners up 72 Bama, 1980 (Ga, USC, Bama, Pitt and UVa were maddening or miserable), 2003 Ga.
edited to add 72 Bama.

Last edited:
Reactions: ENGRVOL
I've got to ask EasternVol, what happened at the 1990 Pacific game? I looked up the game, and Tennessee won 55-7. If it's too personal or just none of my damn business, just let me know.

Wow, apparently I totally blocked that from my memory. That makes a lot of sense. Why does it seem like injuries like that occur in blowout games? What might have been.....

Last edited:
Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back