Best advice your mom or daddy gave you...

My brother and I were walking through woods with two cousins. We were young. Andy stubbed his toe into a yellowjacket nest. I think we bent every sapling beating those bees off until we got back home. Mom pulled out the stingers she could see. Then plastered us down with baking soda. She said: an alkaline will neutralize an acid. Actually, tobacco works well. Daddy didn't smoke.

Reactions: Wireless1
Be good to people, and practice what you preach. If you claim to be something (which he was speaking about being a Christian), then be it, and it applies to many things.

When I Was Just A Baby, My Mama Told Me Son, Always Be A Good Boy; Don't Ever Play With Guns.
You should take her advice. I'll meet you this weekend, and buy all of yours🤣. For a discount, so it'll make her more happy

Reactions: YankeeVol
Never start a fight, always finish one…..can’t say I always followed the former

My parents taught me that if someone was paranoid about others - stealing from them, being dishonest, etc., it usually means that person is the same way. I’ve remembered that as I’ve gotten older and always seems to be true
So in theory, these yahoos that run around here calling me a Georgia fan, are deflecting their true feelings?!! I thought as much!

I have really thought about this a lot in regards to Dad over the past month and a half. A couple good ones:

"We are all a couple missed payments away from living in a box, don't judge someone's situation."

"Don't take yourself too seriously, no one else will."

"Don't drink tequila when you're mad about something."

Good grief! I just looked back at this thread title and saw I typed in the verb "advise" instead of noun "advice." Don't know how to change it. Oh well, as they say, you can't fix stupid.

Reactions: tntar heel
"Keep your butt behind you." Essentially dont get ahead of yourself, as well as some real life applicability.

"Thinking it through first solves more problems than fixing it after does."

"Be on time, be kind, be thankful"

"You can either get old doing something you dont like, or get old doing something you do like."

"Dont make time for idiots, which also means take time to not be an idiot."

A few from Father Ferguson.

Give the helpless the length of your grace. Give the graceless the length of your arm.

Keep your spirits up and your voice down.

Idle hands are the devil’s workshop, and the world got enough ****-woodshop projects outta your friends already.

See that pigeon? He dreams of being great like an eagle, which is more than I could say for your mother’s brothers.

I had few chances. You got a few more than me so take ‘em. No one expects it from you. Expect from yourself! It don’t take a genius to be smart. It don’t take a priest to be good. It don’t take being some rich ****'s lad to be a success. Measure yourself with what you hold the line to and how much you're willing to give anything.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back