Berry Twins Commit!!

eric-berry-o.gif

boom

Reactions: 16 people
Man, I would LOVE it if you're right! I just have a feeling that Saban will be at Bama for quite a long time. His track record certainly suggests I'm wrong, and you're right, which I hope holds true.

I want Saban to stay. I want to see the look on his face when we finally whip his arse. I hope we are the start to his downfall.

Reactions: 6 people
I want Saban to stay. I want to see the look on his face when we finally whip his arse. I hope we are the start to his downfall.

I wanted to beat Meyer even more than Saban (he seemed like more of a jerk). Hopefully we will get that chance in some bowl game down the road.

Have ya'll noticed that pretty much every time we loose, Butch gets a commit to announce the monday after? Pretty smart IMO

My only issue with it is that it's like he expected to lose. I know it's realistic, but this does seem staged to a degree. That being said, it's good politics.

Oh yeah. Who cares! We got the berry twins!!!! This season was always gonna be a wash anyway.

BOOM!!!!!

Btw this is not to imply butch doesn't get it, because he Most Certainly does!

Last edited:
My only issue with it is that it's like he expected to lose. I know it's realistic, but this does seem staged to a degree. That being said, it's good politics.

These guys were going to commmit today, win or lose. Has been planned for a while.

Man, I would LOVE it if you're right! I just have a feeling that Saban will be at Bama for quite a long time. His track record certainly suggests I'm wrong, and you're right, which I hope holds true.

I may be wrong, I just see a guy in his sixties who will likely win another ring or 2, or 3, and could get bored and try to NFL again or retire. I don't see him going to another college, but I think guys like that want to prove they can coach in the NFL, and Pete Carroll is a rare example of one who has that bitter taste in his mouth and returns to the NFL and does well. I very well could be wrong, I just think guys like Saban go at it with so much intensity, that 10-15 years at a place like Bama with those expectations can really take a toll. Look at the standard he has set there.

USC game was a planned loss IMO. But the win made the commit bigger. Planned loss is a terrible choice of words. But you get the idea

I see your point, and you have convinced half of me to see it your way. On the other hand, it would just be nice to see all the bammer bandwagoners disappear when things go back to the way they were from '95-'06.

I wanted to beat Meyer even more than Saban (he seemed like more of a jerk). Hopefully we will get that chance in some bowl game down the road.

I'm not sure which one I think is a bigger jerk. As soon as I say Saban is, I'll think of a reason for Meyer to jump ahead, and vice versa. Needless to say, they're both far and away the top-2 douches in college sports today.

As much as I hated to see us get blown out by Mizzou if that's what had to happen to get the twins I can live with it.

VN Store

Back