Ben Joyce, the draft’s biggest mystery? (Mlb.com)

Aside from baseball - they seem like a very grounded family. Throwing 105 MPH still will need a wicked slider and probably a very deceptive change up to make it to the bigs. But it's extremely easy to pull for kids like this who have everything in perspective. Here's hoping he gets drafted, makes a ton of money for the good guys, and becomes as popular in the league mowing down hitters as he was popular here.

Being originally from St. Louis and still a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan I'd like to see them draft Ben even though their current closer Ryan Helsley can can hit 103 on occasion.

Being originally from St. Louis and still a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan I'd like to see them draft Ben even though their current closer Ryan Helsley can can hit 103 on occasion.
I haven’t seen Helsley above 101 in several weeks, maybe to harness his control. Joyce was a regular on the 103-104 circuit, occasionally touching 105. It has also taken Helsley 3 years to reach the control and command of his pitches, so yeah, draft Joyce and in a couple of years he could be elite, barring setbacks.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I haven’t seen Helsley above 101 in several weeks, maybe to harness his control. Joyce was a regular on the 103-104 circuit, occasionally touching 105. It has also taken Helsley 3 years to reach the control and command of his pitches, so yeah, draft Joyce and in a couple of years he could be elite, barring setbacks.
The only problem I see with Joyce's fast ball, is it doesn't move very much. Maybe it doest have to move if he can throw his slider for strikes without tipping the pitch.

That
Believe it, or not, but Frank Anderson is one of the best pitching coaches in baseball period.
That's what I've seen posted on here by a lot of users. Not trying to minimize his expertise, just saying that with different opportunities in a major leagues teams farm system and their coaching staff, they may be able to help him be more consistent in throwing closer to the strike zone. What few times I saw him he was very good, but too many wild pitches while in the game. That's what I'm referring to.

VN Store

Back