Belmont Bruins

Did anyone else see the play where Paulus clearly stepped out of bounds before he got rid of the ball with around 2:30 left? That was horrible.

No one should ever question Rick Byrd's coaching ability. He's a genius.

and Huggy has his players playing much better IMO. I guess I wasn't clear enough on that part. Score indicates the difference isn't as large as i thought though.
in fact, 3 pt % is the difference right now. WVU's limited athleticism and weak post are problems.

Did anyone else see the play where Paulus clearly stepped out of bounds before he got rid of the ball with around 2:30 left? That was horrible.

No one should ever question Rick Byrd's coaching ability. He's a genius.

you are right, he is a darn good coach. i played baseball at belmont in early 90's and I always liked his style. i did as well see him clearly step out of bounds. Belmont only losing one senior Hare.

What's interesting to me is that Belmont almost pulled the upset without being hot from three. I think they were 8 for 23 which is basically their season average for %. Imagine if they had shot well or if Wicke had not gotten into foul trouble.

They played great defense. They gave up too many second chance rebounds to Duke, to me that was the key. Over all they played a great game, just came up one play short. No reason they can't hold their heads high.

With Dansby, Wicke, Renfroe, and Dotson all coming back, there should be no dropoff in Belmont's play next year.

VN Store

Back