Believe it or not

Lady vols will beat Vandy & S.C
I wouldn’t be surprised, sisaq. I mean, this team has had moments here and there when they’ve looked really, really good. Defensively they’re already steady. So if they were to come out shooting well, boxing out, and were to put together 35-plus minutes of “everything else is cooking” moments too, they could do it.

Beating Vandy on the road is never easy, though, and South Carolina is really, REALLY strong and will have the most raucous crowd since ETSU. 18,000-plus rabid fans will be there for their team, and it’ll take some magic to pull off the upset. But I agree, they can do it if the stars align properly! I guarantee you that Staley isn’t looking past Tennessee.

And if our Lady Vols were to somehow get these next two road wins, then the SEC ought to just go ahead and hand Kellie the SEC COY trophy! :)

Right now totally focused on Vandy it is a game we should win are favored to win and could be a lot tougher than expected. We have to keep them off the boards better than we did LSU and we have to make free throws. Not conceding the SC game anything can happen but that game has no meaning to me right now all about Vandy.

Quick...call up the girls who are actually playing the games. They probably need to know...geez...fans....

Looking ahead :p , I think a realistic signature win would be against Texas A&M. When we play our best ball, we can beat SC, Miss. St. and A&M.

We'll beat Vandy tonight: 90-65....if we come to play.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
'Continue to get beat'? 16-4 and 6-1.
With respect to the Lady Vols, we haven't played the toughest part of the SEC yet. And that's on top of weak scheduling for the season. Really curious what our record will be at the end of next season, personally.

Reactions: sisaq
Not sure how long it will take LV's to drastically reduce turnovers which will be needed if any big upsets are on the horizon.

Not sure how long it will take LV's to drastically reduce turnovers which will be needed if any big upsets are on the horizon.

Absolutely true. I think everyone knows that it would take a magical game by pretty much everyone for Tennessee to pull the upset at your place. But the idea that such a game could take place is not totally outside the realm of possibility. Highly unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Nope!

Reactions: krichunaka
Right now totally focused on Vandy it is a game we should win are favored to win and could be a lot tougher than expected. We have to keep them off the boards better than we did LSU and we have to make free throws. Not conceding the SC game anything can happen but that game has no meaning to me right now all about Vandy.

Survive and advance, baby!

Reactions: krichunaka
They will never beat South Carolina turning the ball over every time they touch it. Until they learn to walk and chew gum at the same time they will continue to get beat.

Is it mandatory they learn to walk and chew gum at the same time? What if they just leave the gum at home when they walk? And when they are through walking they can sit down and chew gum?

Is it mandatory they learn to walk and chew gum at the same time? What if they just leave the gum at home when they walk? And when they are through walking they can sit down and chew gum?
Over/under number turnovers by lv tonight, 22?

^^^
:p:D:p to larjoranj's post

Don't mind if they chew, but don't want to see them walking with the ball.

I think everyone should be hopeful their team is victorious...but...Tennessee hasn't beaten a ranked team all season...we have beaten 6. That does not mean that Tennessee can't pull it off...but to say "Holly beat Dawn" when it was different teams and not the teams playing Sunday is a stretch...a way, way stretch at making that relevant....The games played before this Sunday will not tell you anything about the game Sunday. I would think a home game..facing yet another ranked team...with a packed house....will be to our favor. It doesn't guarantee a darn thing. Should be a good one.....

I think everyone should be hopeful their team is victorious...but...Tennessee hasn't beaten a ranked team all season...we have beaten 6. That does not mean that Tennessee can't pull it off...but to say "Holly beat Dawn" when it was different teams and not the teams playing Sunday is a stretch...a way, way stretch at making that relevant....The games played before this Sunday will not tell you anything about the game Sunday. I would think a home game..facing yet another ranked team...with a packed house....will be to our favor. It doesn't guarantee a darn thing. Should be a good one.....
Yeah, I'm all about positivity but let's also be realistic about who we've actually played and beaten so far. SC is a darn-near perfect team this season.

Now Mississippi State? If we get our acts together, I'll keep the rose-colored glasses on for that game. But we should really focus on being competitive against A&M and Arkansas, imo.

Yeah, I'm all about positivity but let's also be realistic about who we've actually played and beaten so far. SC is a darn-near perfect team this season.

Now Mississippi State? If we get our acts together, I'll keep the rose-colored glasses on for that game. But we should really focus on being competitive against A&M and Arkansas, imo.

I agree with everything you said.

I feel strongly that there would have to be some Divine Intervention for Tennessee to beat South Carolina this year — they are really, REALLY good — but miracles do happen. I don’t expect one, but you never know.

If we could just beat Arky I’d be satisfied, but we really should have a decent shot at A&M if everyone is on.

It’s an exciting time to be a fan of the Tennessee Lady Vols, that’s for sure! :) This time last year I had already died on the inside.

VN Store

Back