Should The Vols be ranked #1 tomorrow?

• Yes : It’s a prestige that is earned/remembered

• Yes : but I don’t like it

• No : Because I’m superstitious

• No : They need to stay hungry

• I’m on the fence : Sway me

• No : I’m a Tennessee FB fan /Duke BB fan

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Barnes or Pearl had coached that team UT would have won at least 1 NC. That team was stacked and very similar to the current Vols from a personnel standpoint.

Reactions: LeannaVol
If Barnes or Pearl had coached that team UT would have won at least 1 NC. That team was stacked and very similar to the current Vols from a personnel standpoint.

Most likely. I happened across the UT v Syracuse game from 2000(iirc) the other night. Wow, we were loaded and took them to the woodshed with CJB getting the usual NY media hot air. Just went flat as a pancake for 8-9 minutes vs UNC to get bounced out of the Sweet 16. I still remember that game in disbelief.

Tony Harris, Victor, Slay, VY etc etc under Pearl ... lawd!

I am still mad that team didn't accomplish more. Incredible talent that should have been a final four contender. There were a couple of years in there I thought we had top 5 type teams.

Reactions: jrwvol
Most likely. I happened across the UT v Syracuse game from 2000(iirc) the other night. Wow, we were loaded and took them to the woodshed with CJB getting the usual NY media hot air. Just went flat as a pancake for 8-9 minutes vs UNC to get bounced out of the Sweet 16. I still remember that game in disbelief.

We didn't have anyone that could stop Julius Peppers on that team.

I still think about that UNC game. I was cautiously optimistic we were going to advance to the elite 8.

I still think about that UNC game. I was cautiously optimistic we were going to advance to the elite 8.

Me too. Its like @ the 10:00 mark someone put a plexiglass lid over our rim during a timeout. Didn't take it off until UNC had got back in the game and taken a commanding lead. That was 18-19 years ago. Maybe I need to let it go. :-\

I am still mad that team didn't accomplish more. Incredible talent that should have been a final four contender. There were a couple of years in there I thought we had top 5 type teams.

Seemed like UF did make the FF (under Donovan?) that year and smacked down UNC. Then got waxed by that awesome MSU team.

Me too. Its like @ the 10:00 mark someone put a plexiglass lid over our rim during a timeout. Didn't take it off until UNC had got back in the game and taken a commanding lead. That was 18-19 years ago. Maybe I need to let it go. :-\
Good idea!

VN Store

Back