Beer (and beer pics!)

9296 - will be in Boulder and Denver next week. Too lazy to search, which places do you recommend again? Anyone you want me to pop in and say hi too?

We are staying downtown for the CU/ASU game Thursday night. Pearl Street will be our oyster.
Boulder, don't miss Backcountry Pizza and Taphouse, last time they had Pliny. If you friend them on Facebook, they update their tap list regularly, but the also have an extensive bottle list. Also Upslope is at the North end of town. Small but cozy, lots of regulars in there.

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, I didn't drink much in downtown Denver. The most recommended I've seen is Falling Rock Taproom and Lucky Pie Pizza. Although for Brett yeast I would suggest hitting Crooked Stave.

Back to some Coast. Carnie Fire is a great mild imperial red. Nice blend of the red malt and good hops bite.

Their stuff is so hard to find on a regular basis. Well worth it when you do stumble across it.

Attachments

• Coast Carnie Fire.jpg
    Coast Carnie Fire.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 4
Currently my favs are imperial reds and scottish ales. SA actually has a decent imperial red, forget the name, label has an old guy with a beard on it. Pursuit of Hoppiness is tops on my list in that category.

Nothing beats Troëgs Nugget Necter IMO. seek that out when it comes back in session.

Awesome. I have some stuff in the cooler that hasn't made it to shelves yet, so give me a holler. I'm in Savannah right now but I'll be back in about 25 minutes.

Thanks for all the beer!! I wish I could have stayed and sampled with you all,, but I will defiantly be back! Keep us updated when you get new stuff in

Thanks for all the beer!! I wish I could have stayed and sampled with you all,, but I will defiantly be back! Keep us updated when you get new stuff in

Glad you enjoyed it. Next time you'll have to come over to the house and sample some bigger beers. I made a trip to The Nook
In Huntsville today and also picked up a bunch of local stuff from the area breweries.

Glad you enjoyed it. Next time you'll have to come over to the house and sample some bigger beers. I made a trip to The Nook
In Huntsville today and also picked up a bunch of local stuff from the area breweries.

Sounds like a plan, might can have a get together around a Vols game.

huntsvillebeers.jpg

1x Blue Pants Highwater Hoppy Tripel
3x Straight to Ale Vern's Wheat Wine Ale
4x YELLOWHAMMER/Blue Pants/Straight to Ale collaboration Liberation Quad
2x BLUE PANTS/Yellowhammer/Straight to Ale Collaboration Liberation Wee Heavy
Beer Engineers Velocity IPA
Growler of Yellowhammer Double Lost Dog
Growler of Straight to Ale Rocket City Red

huntsvillebeers.jpg

1x Blue Pants Highwater Hoppy Tripel
3x Straight to Ale Vern's Wheat Wine Ale
4x YELLOWHAMMER/Blue Pants/Straight to Ale collaboration Liberation Quad
2x BLUE PANTS/Yellowhammer/Straight to Ale Collaboration Liberation Wee Heavy
Beer Engineers Velocity IPA
Growler of Yellowhammer Double Lost Dog
Growler of Straight to Ale Rocket City Red

you west of tn river?

Had Chattanooga Brewing Company's Oktober fest last night. Very clean crisp taste. Really enjoyed it. Now if I can find somewhere here in town that sells it in bottles or a growler I will be set.

About to fall off the first page so time for an epic beer. Acquired in a beer trade with a VT BA'er, this guy may be my new best friend. Heady Topper has quite a following and after drinking it I see why. It's definitely in the top 2 beers I've ever had riviling Mirror Mirror for me.

Heady2h.jpg

Ifyou can find it, I read an article a while back from the headbrewer or owner one that insists that it be drank straight from the can because when you pour it out, beer because oxidized already affecting the taste. I drank the first few gulps and sure it was amazing, but I had to pour it out because it just seemed strange to me. Well, I git a bit of a surprise when I did:

Heady.jpg

I know it looks chunky, but man, that was a mind blowing taste. Straight up grapefruit hop wallop to the senses. Seek this one out if you can.

VN Store

Back