Beer (and beer pics!)

Speaking of your store...

Do you profit more from domestics because of volume, crafts for price, or other?

Just curious is all.

Speaking of your store...

Do you profit more from domestics because of volume, crafts for price, or other?

Just curious is all.
I'm doing my best to promote craft, so domestics are making me more money. Some of the stuff I'm breaking even on.

Smokey Mountain's beers are a bit on the light side. Not much body or complexity, but just a crisp offering a couple of different styles. If you are a fan of lagers, you'll be more into these beers.

Thought their Pils was pretty good last time I was at Calhoun on the River. Plan to visit them at next Orange and White game. We usually turn it into an extended weekend with a stop at Dollywood for the kids. Why not add some entertainment for old dad.

Maybe by then they will add some heartier stuff.

Do you deal with the Bounty Bev guys?

I wish. I was hoping they would be the ones buying out Southwestern in Memphis. Looks like it will be the Budweiser distributor (formerly D. Canali). If that happens Central Distributors out of Jackson Tn will have the rights to all bud products meaning the other may not want to come all the way to me.

Yeah it is better than most places in Knoxville to enjoy craft beer from all over the country. I filled my growler up with the IPA and plan on enjoying it some more over the wknd.

I bought a growler last time I was up there and filled it up with the Saw Works brown ale. I have been impressed with what little Saw Works stuff I have tried.

I may try it next time, I wanted the IPA since it was something that was different and not found here at your usual watering holes.

I have been twice and have enjoyed every beer I have had there. I couldn't tell you what all I have tried. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to keep track of what all you have tried.

Heading to Jim's on my lunch break gonna pick up some weekend supplies!

Awesome. I have some stuff in the cooler that hasn't made it to shelves yet, so give me a holler. I'm in Savannah right now but I'll be back in about 25 minutes.

Last edited:
9296 - will be in Boulder and Denver next week. Too lazy to search, which places do you recommend again? Anyone you want me to pop in and say hi too?

We are staying downtown for the CU/ASU game Thursday night. Pearl Street will be our oyster.

VN Store

Back