Beckwith/Milton Option

I would go with Small or Evans. Pad level is more important, I feel. Personally, I hate the option in short yardage because you give the defense 2-3 yards.
That's how we beat Georgia Tech a few years back in OT. It gave our defense enough time to get through their blockers and stop them short of the goal line.

I would go with Small or Evans. Pad level is more important, I feel. Personally, I hate the option in short yardage because you give the defense 2-3 yards.

I hope they'll at least give Butch Jones out at ASU a call on this. He was phenomenal on goal line and short yardage plays.

Yes! We could use them as decoys. Hide a punter behind a lineman on the goal line, hike the ball, have a bunch of people running around flipping the ball to eachother, then toss it backwards to the punter on the right hash at about the 20 yard line and have him try and heave it to a tight end diving in the back left corner of the end zone....

oh wait, butch jones isn't our coach anymore

What would running the option with Milton and Beckwith look like for short yardage and Red Zone…
Painful, players already said in the spring Dee wasn’t a fun tackle and his pad level has only improved. Add a 245 pound qb and I would imagine you would see some unintended back pedaling especially late in games with the defense already tired. Evans and Dee could make a perfect late game psychological and physical battering ram especially if you let them run a modified wildcat lead blocking for each other to save hits on the qb.

Do something totally new...line up Bailey at QB and Milton as RB/QB. Defenses would blow up trying to figure out a long ball vs running QB scenario. We need to innovate and start leading instead of following.

Reactions: NeylandX5
not unless he can pass a drug test
Don't be a douche', this absolutely proves to me you know nothing about this kid. I would gladly bet you any amount of $$$ he would pass a drug test. Show some class and don't comment on things you know nothing about. Show a little respect to the Kids who stuck around to try to make this program relevant again. Got news for you, most could have left instead of sticking it out. I wish the Fanbase could show half as much integrity,

Reactions: JK Vol and Rooster1
Don't be a douche', this absolutely proves to me you know nothing about this kid. I would gladly bet you any amount of $$$ he would pass a drug test. Show some class and don't comment on things you know nothing about. Show a little respect to the Kids who stuck around to try to make this program relevant again. Got news for you, most could have left instead of sticking it out. I wish the Fanbase could show half as much integrity,
Sorry, I was referring to the current Banks on the roster, know him from church. Good kid who needed to grow up a little. A little thin skinned at fans picking on kids who are trying to make us proud, my bad.

Does it just feel like more options because we get to hear from the players?

Or because the staff sounds like they know what they are doing?

Or because I'm desperate for a reason to hope?

Or because I'm a girl?

It's D.

Undoubtedly C. I think we're all praying that some luck finally falls on our side.

Do something totally new...line up Bailey at QB and Milton as RB/QB. Defenses would blow up trying to figure out a long ball vs running QB scenario. We need to innovate and start leading instead of following.

Milton "to Bailey " FFF (flea flicker fake)

VN Store

Back