Beautiful job by Bruce Pearl

MikeHamiltonFan

There was a lot of coaching done here plain and simple.

The team had an excellent gameplan and played solid team defense and it was not freakish athleticism that made this happen, it was hard work.

Steve Pearl was a gem in this game.

Fields needs to listen up. He is a senior and is more athletically gifted than many of the guys who outplayed him.

This could be a season defining win in the sense that if the Vols continue to play defense like this they will only leave the tournament after running into a handful of EXCELLENT teams.

Thanks guys.

Looked for the thread I wrote last week before VCU saying their press could cause some problems if we did not fix the TO situation and where I talked about Brian Williams and Tobias Harris having big games in NYC.

Not sure why it was deleted.

Thanks guys.

Looked for the thread I wrote last week before VCU saying their press could cause some problems if we did not fix the TO situation and where I talked about Brian Williams and Tobias Harris having big games in NYC.

Not sure why it was deleted.

Is this the thread you are talking about?

Are a bad match up for us if we can win against Missouri State.

Missouri State is a likely NCAA team, and they will be a strong challenge. If we can overcome Goins injury, Golden will grow a lot as a freshman and be more ready to provide us with help we need at the PG depth wise going forward.

VCU forced 23 turnovers from Wake Forest while only having 7 themselves. Our sloppy play in taking care of the ball including from the normally extremely sound Tobias Harris will prevent us from advancing through the semifinals if we do not fix it.

Pearl has never had a turnover prone team. I hope he gets it fixed in a hurry. I can stand a loss with a bad shooting night, but losing men on defense and turning the ball over and over drives me up a wall.

Last edited:
Yes GA Vol. It is the thread where I talked about us having a great opportunity in MSG and that Brian Williams and Tobias Harris would have big games in that portion of the tournament.

Why was the thread deleted?

Yes GA Vol. It is the thread where I talked about us having a great opportunity in MSG and that Brian Williams and Tobias Harris would have big games in that portion of the tournament.

Thad Matta.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It never was deleted. It was about 20-25 threads down on the first page.

Last edited:
There was a lot of coaching done here plain and simple.

The team had an excellent gameplan and played solid team defense and it was not freakish athleticism that made this happen, it was hard work.

Steve Pearl was a gem in this game.

Fields needs to listen up. He is a senior and is more athletically gifted than many of the guys who outplayed him.

This could be a season defining win in the sense that if the Vols continue to play defense like this they will only leave the tournament after running into a handful of EXCELLENT teams.

Excellent coaching job and probably the best half-court defense ever played by a Pearl coached team. If they can play this type of defense consistently, they will be hard for anyone to beat.

VN Store

Back