Beating USCe

sjt18

Just a little research on the Gamecocks.

UT and USCe are very similar statistically on D. Both would say their D's have improved over the course of the year.

USCe however averages 7 ppg more and about 50 ypg more. The difference in the two O's is rushing O.

UT has to generate offense to win this game. To keep the run game open, they have to push the ball down field in the passing game. They have to hit the hot reads and force USCe's LB's to cover.

Kind of makes me sick to say this... but QB play will be huge factor in this game.

Just a little research on the Gamecocks.

UT and USCe are very similar statistically on D. Both would say their D's have improved over the course of the year.

USCe however averages 7 ppg more and about 50 ypg more. The difference in the two O's is rushing O.

UT has to generate offense to win this game. To keep the run game open, they have to push the ball down field in the passing game. They have to hit the hot reads and force USCe's LB's to cover.

Kind of makes me sick to say this... but QB play will be huge factor in this game.
We probably will want to pass the whole game instead of running which is our bread and butter....i see the vols winning by a touchdown

As far as defensively, per NCAA.com we are 49th in total defense and they are 69th. Our defense has improved pretty significantly imo. SC is a tough team but I feel like if we play like we have the last 3 weeks, we can definitely win.

As far as defensively, per NCAA.com we are 49th in total defense and they are 69th. Our defense has improved pretty significantly imo. SC is a tough team but I feel like if we play like we have the last 3 weeks, we can definitely win.
Pretty much says where we're at...ranked a respectable 8th in SEC in D...we can't score to keep up w/ D. For as much as I think we're improving in alot of areas, I don't have a good feeling about this game...at all...

I kinda see this as a replay of the miss state game. An ugly drawn out physical game coming down to who's defense plays better. Both offenses are questionable and we're pretty evenly matched. Some creative plays on offense and creative coaching will make the difference. We'll see. GBO! 🍊🍊🍊

If BM plays, we win.
Yep. 'Would've made bama sweat to the last play, too. We can whip USCe IF Maurer can stay in the game, IF the chickens make more mistakes than the Vols, IF the backside of our D doesn't blow coverage on long passes, and IF JG remains a spectator for the entire game.

No turnovers. SC forces Turnovers. Hopefully the weather wont be a factor. If it does, I like the way our offensive line has been playing. Neyland Stadium needs to get loud.

VN Store

Back