Beating Florida Comes Down To...

Keeping their Front 7 on their heels.

It's always the case.

1. Short slants and ins on 1st down.
2. QB bootlegs.
3. Screens and draws.

I'm gonna go with not giving them the game. That's what has irritated me the most over the past decade and a half. We be whoopin' day azz, then it all falls apart in the 4th quarter.

During tonight’s game Florida’s D line kept and kept attacking when most teams would’ve been totally gassed after the sh_t show in the 4th. They’ve got great endurance and killer instincts. I think playing out of shotgun, running quick slants, and having the occasional Tennessee bomb down the wings straight out of the snap is key.... all I kept thinking as I watched Mullen laugh and Franks prance in front of the camera was how much I hope Pruitt instills an ethic in his players to stay focused and calm, believe in the plan, and do their jobs. No one in the SEC is as good or bad as they appear to be.

I'm gonna go with not giving them the game. That's what has irritated me the most over the past decade and a half. We be whoopin' day azz, then it all falls apart in the 4th quarter.

So true! Florida always seems to play better in the 4th quarter.

Their defense piled up 10 sacks, but there were several pass interference penalties called whenever Miami challenged them with the deep ball.
Our offense could potentially have a field day if we challenge their secondary the same way, avoid sacks of JG at all costs, avoid penalties (both on offense and defense) like the Bubonic Plague, win the field position battle, and win the turnover battle. Now where's that armchair trophy? Go Vols!

It's just nice to finally have some REAL game tape on them before we play them. Seems like the first time in a long time.

Meanwhile, we're playing an Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, or Oregon most years before the Florida game, giving them really good tape on us.

This flip-flop in card-showing could help immeasurably.

Cheney will not call that terrible of a game!

Gee’s if they are running around the tackle every time - make an adjustment! Widen splits put a wing back in their to chip. Totally abandoned running game in 4th. When you are predictable - you are toast!

Yes Dline imposed their will, but OC should’ve given his guys a chance.

I would agree - D was susceptible at times, O was anemic at times. Will require good gameplanning and coaches will have to ‘allow” their guys to take a few risks and call some plays which are not conservative and we could definitely take this one!

Go Vols!

2 observations - ine from the game (reminded me of the second).

1. Florida teaches their secondary to pass interfere. They do it so much, refs won’t call it all the time. Almost cost them a game last night.

2. Alabama O-Line holds more than all the other SEC teams combined and it doesn’t get called! Go check the films and watch O-line play specifically.

Cheney will not call that terrible of a game!

Gee’s if they are running around the tackle every time - make an adjustment! Widen splits put a wing back in their to chip. Totally abandoned running game in 4th. When you are predictable - you are toast!

Yes Dline imposed their will, but OC should’ve given his guys a chance.

I would agree - D was susceptible at times, O was anemic at times. Will require good gameplanning and coaches will have to ‘allow” their guys to take a few risks and call some plays which are not conservative and we could definitely take this one!

Go Vols!

I hope you're right about Chaney. Go back and watch the UGa - UF game from last year. UGa had the ball a their goal line after Franks fumbles (Franks is a D-Bag). Zuniga crashes several plays, and there is no adjustment. Seriously, UGa has around seven chances due to UF penalty.

Reactions: Pacer92
Felix Franks is very erratic. Pre-season hype had him an all-star, but last night he again went from great QB to deer-in-headlights. Of course, the Vols have a history of making stars out of mediocre QBs. We shall see.
The camera shot of Spurrier when Frank's threw that interception with 4 minutes to go was priceless

I'm afraid you guys are hanging your hat on them sloppy in their first game, but at the end of the day they beat a rival on a big stage by making plays when they needed to. I feel worse, not better, about the direction of the Gators after tonight, tbh.

Yea...those TEN SACKS were simply pathetic.
Sheeesh...if our offensive hasn't improved A LOT over last year, Guarantano is in for a VERY long night.

A high school team coulda got at least 5 sacks on Miami last night. Let's hope our online has improved for sure.

VN Store

Back