"Beat Vandy Bonfire"

This seems like something Vandy would do.

U r right this is pretty sad. This is a new low for TN football. This is what the aggies use to do back in the day when they played UTEX. UTEX didn't care and they continued to look at the aggies as the red headed stepchild.

This is something Vandy should be doing when they play The University of Tennessee....not the reverse.

Sad sad day and embarrassing as an alum that this is being promoted as a good thing. Pathetic.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
U r right this is pretty sad. This is a new low for TN football. This is what the aggies use to do back in the day when they played UTEX. UTEX didn't care and they continued to look at the aggies as the red headed stepchild.

This is something Vandy should be doing when they play The University of Tennessee....not the reverse.

Sad sad day and embarrassing as an alum that this is being promoted as a good thing. Pathetic.

Thanks to Dooley

Thanks to Dooley

Last time I checked he isn't coach or head of the AD. So...nice try bud.

We don't have anyone in the AD that would say this is a pathetic move. Dooley would never had signed off on this cause unlike CBJ he knows and respects Tennessee traditions and would have understood that this is beneath UT. Like Dooley or not but the man understood and respected UT traditionally. To him UT was the summit of SEC football.

will reply to you tomorrow, sir.

Last edited:
You know what....you may be right. But our students SUPPORT Coach Jones, like it or not. Support him or do not reply to this forum with all due respect. We will support him and we WILL beat Vandy despite what you say. GO VOLS, sir.

This has nothing to do with whether or not we beat Vandy or supporting CBJ. It has to do with the fact that we have steeped so low that we r having having a "beat Vandy bonfire!!!!!!" Do realize what our record is vs them??? We r TENNESSEEEEEE dang it!!! We shouldn't be having this type of thing versus any team especially the likes of Vandy. This is only second worse to Kentucky. This event is a sad sad day in UT history.

This has nothing to do with whether or not we beat Vandy or supporting CBJ. It has to do with the fact that we have steeped so low that we r having having a "beat Vandy bonfire!!!!!!" Do realize what our record is vs them??? We r TENNESSEEEEEE dang it!!! We shouldn't be having this type of thing versus any team especially the likes of Vandy. This is only second worse to Kentucky. This event is a sad sad day in UT history.

Although, it is what it is. We are who we are. And, we are where we are.

I had the same thoughts when I saw this thread title. Ughhh

holy ****. how do you find a negative in this? these kids havent been excited to see tennessee play...who cares? have fun guys.

ill be at the game but passing on fiji whatever, due to age restrictions. but sounds fun

Reactions: 1 person
Word on the street is that the only message that butch will say at the bonfire is
"There's one thing that Tennessee always does and that's kick the **** out of Vandy"

Last edited:

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Yes, the football program is not in an ideal situation due to many reasons. As fans, all we can do is support this program. Therefore, that is what I'm going to do and I would encourage you to do the same if you are a Vol fan. I'm aware of all of the historical stats and stuff regarding Vandy. No offense, but if you have a negative opinion about this event, then just ignore this thread. We're trying to do something positive for the fans and students, and negative posts just create unwanted negativity about this event. Thanks

Attention everybody over the age of 25 in this thread .....

Not everything that happens with regard to this football team is about you.

Arguing why a group of college students shouldn't celebrate before their last home football game (regardless of who the opponent is) makes you look like a blooming idiot.

Reactions: 8 people

Arguing why a group of college students shouldn't celebrate before their last home football game (regardless of who the opponent is) makes you look like a blooming idiot.

Heaven forbid kids celebrate the final home game of the year with a bonfire. I would like to see it for the final home game every year. It will either be Vandy or Ky, both rivals.

If you don't like it stay home. Pretty simple really.

Last edited:

^^THIS x1000.

Also, for those who can't read or don't know what SGA stands for: this is a STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION SPONSORED EVENT. It's solely about STUDENTS having a good time and what better time than before the last home game and before fall break which starts the following Friday?

What's wrong with you. Let the kids have fun. I would kill to be in school right now. Yes our record sucks but enjoy the growth of the football team. Dam just relax.

I agree

Lol

Well said....I'm old and I love bonfires....I live on the lake and part of my exercise regiment is to walk the shore with my pack of crazed dogs …..TVA drops the water hard this time of year....so I gather dead wood, and any trash or debris and make a big bonfire....great way to meet the neighbors....its kind of a civilized development with a lot of retirees from NY, NJ, CT, etc so it can be a fun way to 'play' with them as well :)

VN Store

Back