Be Ready to see thousands of BYU fans in Knoxville

I worked with several LDS back in the 90s.
They seemed nice but were racists.
Said they didn’t associate with any blacks, Latinos, or gays in their church and wouldn’t know how to act around any. They were never mean to anyone but they just kept to themselves.
I always thought that was odd.
Not saying all LDS are this way now...30 years later...I’m sure the church is much more liberal and accepting of others now.
Enjoy your trip to East Tenn.

Well that does not apply to me, my wife is Asian, and I have many friends who are non-white. I do not judge based on sexual orientation. BTW, I was born and raised in Knoxville. Neyland is 15 minutes from my home luckily. GBO!

Last edited:
Well that does not apply to me, my wife is Asian, and I have many friends who are non-white. I do not judge based on sexual orientation. BTW, I was born and raised in Knoxville. Neyland is 15 minutes from my home luckily. GBO!
This was over 30 years ago.
They said their church didn’t allow blacks, Latinos, or gays. Who knows if they were telling the truth. I don’t know much LDS history.
And I in no way assumed you were racist.
Glad u get to come home for a game. Enjoy 😉

I worked with several LDS back in the 90s.
They seemed nice but were racists.
Said they didn’t associate with any blacks, Latinos, or gays in their church and wouldn’t know how to act around any. They were never mean to anyone but they just kept to themselves.
I always thought that was odd.
Not saying all LDS are this way now...30 years later...I’m sure the church is much more liberal and accepting of others now.
Enjoy your trip to East Tenn.

Wtf? Still not very accepting of gays (and few churches were in the 90s), although relations are much better. Probably half the church membership is Latino

Be alot of upset folks on judgement day ,just by the fact of only one "religion" is right .. Lucy is so slick . Would love to go to BYU game but luckily this year I will get to take my 16 year old and 8 year old to the GSU game . Be their first game to see at Neyland . Got lucky that it's labor day weekend and I'm off Saturday. Was hoping to go to Miss State game but will be in Florida on the beach for vacation finally..Looking forward to the next couple months ...GOvols...

By the way best religious place in Knoxville is on 2100 Woodrow drive..Will be there Sunday morning after the Game. Alot of you will think I'm crazy but looking forward to that more than the game..

Saw reports that between 10k-15k BYU fans attended. Pretty impressive
We take our road games seriously. With alumni around the nation its easy to get support wherever we go. Any BYU fan living within 3 states of Tennessee jumped on the opportunity to see the Cougs over on that side of the country.

We take our road games seriously. With alumni around the nation its easy to get support wherever we go. Any BYU fan living within 3 states of Tennessee jumped on the opportunity to see the Cougs over on that side of the country.

I'm well aware. I'm a jack mormon who went to BYU (Tennessee fan but I like BYU). I was telling people ITT it would be a big crowd and some guy was saying no way 10k.

Be alot of upset folks on judgement day ,just by the fact of only one "religion" is right .. Lucy is so slick . Would love to go to BYU game but luckily this year I will get to take my 16 year old and 8 year old to the GSU game . Be their first game to see at Neyland . Got lucky that it's labor day weekend and I'm off Saturday. Was hoping to go to Miss State game but will be in Florida on the beach for vacation finally..Looking forward to the next couple months ...GOvols...

Oh, it’s a “fact” that only one religion is right?

VN Store

Back