Baylor vs #4 TCU

Unless USC wins out, I think it will end up being an undefeated TCU in at 3, Ohio State in at 2, Georgia at 1, and if they lose close in the Big10 championship game, a 1-loss Michigan in at 4.

The semi finals will be Georgia destroying Michigan, and Ohio State struggling against TCU but winning, and then getting wrecked by Georgia in the final.
Yep unfortunately I agree I can see them putting Michigan or Ohio St in if it’s a close loss for either one. Where it will get real interesting if LSU beats Georgia in the SEC title game. There is even a very narrow path here Bama could still get in.

No way Michigan gets in if they lose to OSU. Their schedule is super bad. And they'd have no good wins.

I don't think they should but I can see the argument being made that losing close to OSU in the conference championship game is reason to leave them in at 4; there's precedent for it.

USC winning out, and winning the PAC12 would probably get them in at 4 over Michigan at that point.

I don't think they should but I can see the argument being made that losing close to OSU in the conference championship game is reason to leave them in at 4; there's precedent for it.

USC winning out, and winning the PAC12 would probably get them in at 4 over Michigan at that point.
I think USC with 1 loss and the Pac 12 title is more bound to happen than a 1 loss Michigan.

Reactions: Raebo
Yep unfortunately I agree I can see them putting Michigan or Ohio St in if it’s a close loss for either one. Where it will get real interesting if LSU beats Georgia in the SEC title game. There is even a very narrow path here Bama could still get in.

I don't see any scenario that sees Alabama getting in at this point. Even Georgia losing the SECCG would probably still see them in unless LSU demolished them.

Reactions: Delmar
I think USC with 1 loss and the Pac 12 title is more bound to happen than a 1 loss Michigan.

I think it will all depend on how Michigan or Ohio State lose the championship game, as to whether one of them gets in over a 1-loss USC who is the PAC12 champion.

In that scenario, I think USC comes in at 4 regardless, but the CFP committee could weigh things much differently.

Reactions: Hopeful Vol
I don't see any scenario that sees Alabama getting in at this point. Even Georgia losing the SECCG would probably still see them in unless LSU demolished them.
. Like I said it’s extremely unlikely like probaly 0.01 percent chance alot of carnage would have to happen including us losing, Georgia losing today, LSU losing to A&M

I think it will all depend on how Michigan or Ohio State lose the championship game, as to whether one of them gets in over a 1-loss USC who is the PAC12 champion.

In that scenario, I think USC comes in at 4 regardless, but the CFP committee could weigh things much differently.
You're talking about if Michigan beats OSU and loses the B1G title game?

You're talking about if Michigan beats OSU and loses the B1G title game?

I think the scenario could play out for either Michigan or OSU ending the season with 1 loss in the Big10 championship.

If USC wins out and takes the PAC12, then I think it's a moot point, they get in at 4, and whomever won the Big10 is still in.

I think the scenario could play out for either Michigan or OSU ending the season with 1 loss in the Big10 championship.

If USC wins out and takes the PAC12, then I think it's a moot point, they get in at 4, and whomever won the Big10 is still in.
Gotcha. I thought you were saying if UMich loses to OSU.

Reactions: BeardedVol
They can't both play in the conf champ game. The one who doesn't play will be in the same boat as UT with a terrible sos

They can't both play in the conf champ game. The one who doesn't play will be in the same boat as UT with a terrible sos

But they made it to the championship game, and didn't lose until that.

If it's a close loss, then that will be the argument made.

I still think it's moot if USC wins out and takes the PAC12.

Only problem with that is, the team from the B1G west is gonna be awful.

If one of these lose the conf champ then both will not go. It would be a compete trash loss to a terrible opponent

Reactions: joevol33
Only problem with that is, the team from the B1G west is gonna be awful.

Yeah, they are, but none of those 3, Ohio State, Michigan, or TCU have the SOS argument on their side.

I don't see the committee trying to leverage it against one and not all.

If they did, I'd say USC even wouldn't have to win out to get in over an undefeated TCU as long as they are PAC12 champions.

Unless USC wins out, I think it will end up being an undefeated TCU in at 3, Ohio State in at 2, Georgia at 1, and if they lose close in the Big10 championship game, a 1-loss Michigan in at 4.

The semi finals will be Georgia destroying Michigan, and Ohio State struggling against TCU but winning, and then getting wrecked by Georgia in the final.
Georgia and Ohio State are kinda sucking at halftime right now 🤔

Told y’all that it was too early to talk about the playoff. But that still doesn’t change the fact that TCU isn’t one of the best four teams.

VN Store

Back