Baylor Pro Day Results- Jalen Hurd

Lulz, I was just about to bump this thread with the exact quotes.

KB was on point. Bamawriter searching the Webz right now for an excuse. All he gotta do is call his buddy Butch.

Like all ā€œobjectiveā€ Bama fans, he has a spur in his underwear when it comes to Hurd. First 5 star highly coveted by Saban to spurn him for Tennessee. When the fun fact that Hurd was ducking Sabanā€™s calls after the commitment got out, it reached fatwa level in that state. šŸ˜

Like all ā€œobjectiveā€ Bama fans, he has a spur in his underwear when it comes to Hurd. First 5 star highly coveted by Saban to spurn him for Tennessee. When the fun fact that Hurd was ducking Sabanā€™s calls after the commitment got out, it reached fatwa level in that state. šŸ˜
ā€œFatwa levelā€....haha. Thatā€™s good stuff right there Butchna.

Reactions: Behr and butchna
I can admit to being wrong. I think it was absurdly early, especially for a team that had already drafted a WR. But John Lynch has forgotten more about football than I've ever learned.

Very good call, KB.

Well, at least you sounded all confident and factual.

The interesting thing is KB and Bama were both right in a lot of their observations. It's really hard to guess where a team will take an "intriguing" player. The most recognizable is when someone gets picked earlier than you might think from their on the field play due in large part by running a jaw-drop 40. Hurd has an interesting resume in that he's a big WR coming from a RB background. He's not "fast" (4.66 40) but he does have some quicks. (4.18 shuttle, which would have been 18th among WR at the combine and trailed only Miles Boykin among receivers at least 215lb, though not everyone runs the shuttle)

Now having said that this quote from Ninerswire seems pretty representative of what I've generally seen regarding the pick.

After two strong selections to kick off the 2019 NFL draft, the 49ers delivered a bit of a head scratcher in the third round when they took Baylor wide receiver Jalen Hurd No. 67 overall. This feels like a bit of a reach given his minimal production at wide receiver, but he has a high enough upside to avoid a terrible grade. San Francisco gets a ā€˜C-plusā€™ for their third-round selection.

Hes made mistakes just like anyone else has in life. How and when he chose to leave UT was one of those. Not that he decided to.

Glad for him. Hope he does well.

Reactions: Behr and chargervol
The interesting thing is KB and Bama were both right in a lot of their observations. It's really hard to guess where a team will take an "intriguing" player. The most recognizable is when someone gets picked earlier than you might think from their on the field play due in large part by running a jaw-drop 40. Hurd has an interesting resume in that he's a big WR coming from a RB background. He's not "fast" (4.66 40) but he does have some quicks. (4.18 shuttle, which would have been 18th among WR at the combine and trailed only Miles Boykin among receivers at least 215lb, though not everyone runs the shuttle)

Now having said that this quote from Ninerswire seems pretty representative of what I've generally seen regarding the pick.

After two strong selections to kick off the 2019 NFL draft, the 49ers delivered a bit of a head scratcher in the third round when they took Baylor wide receiver Jalen Hurd No. 67 overall. This feels like a bit of a reach given his minimal production at wide receiver, but he has a high enough upside to avoid a terrible grade. San Francisco gets a ā€˜C-plusā€™ for their third-round selection.
I was a little surprised but regardless, KB called it.

And more importantly to my fun-o-meter, Bambam decided to throw out his OPINION like fact.
See everyone on the next episode of "When spittin' the truth goes wrong."

Reactions: butchna and Behr
Hes made mistakes just like anyone else has in life. How and when he chose to leave UT was one of those. Not that he decided to.

Glad for him. Hope he does well.

Exactly how I feel and I ain't gonna lie, I was surprised to see all the hateful bitterness towards him.

I was a little surprised but regardless, KB called it.

And more importantly to my fun-o-meter, Bambam decided to throw out his OPINION like fact.
See everyone on the next episode of "When spittin' the truth goes wrong."

!

Dude just knows how to play football.

I could see him being used either as a straight WR in the big, physical, Anquan Boldin type of mold, or possibly used more creatively out of the backfield. Hurd has some amazing instincts in between the tackles when all you need is 1 or 2 yards.

Not really. I donā€™t think he has that much skill as aWR. I guess we shall see if he ever cracks a starting lineup.

He played WR for one year and did a pretty damn good job. To me, the most important skill is route running and he seems pretty good at that for an inexperienced guy. We should expect him to get better with reps. There is untapped potential and Shanahan is going to experiment with his versatility

VN Store

Back