Baylor - Not as nice as you think.

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
I had to catch the game between the Bears and Ags last night on the tv because I simply did not feel like making the drive to Waco. In hind sight, I'm glad I didnt go.

Apparently, Baylor Nation was a bit unruly and things quickly got out of hand in the arena, and eventually carried on to the court. My buddy that went had great seats, center court mid-to-low level, (he works for the alum assc.) and said that the baylor faithful were literally throwing open containers of Coke onto the court.

aTm player's parents were verbally abused the entire game. (They were seated very close to my buddy).

Fans claimed to police and security that aTm fans were throwing basketballs onto the court, thus having them kicked out.

Joe Jones mother had an entire soda poured on her.

In a game with 3 techs, 2 on Baylor, this got way out of hand and the details on SC didnt do it justice.

With that said, I thought I'd share that poor little Baylor is not as lilly white as the media led us to believe earlier in the year. Even church schools have idiots.

Stay classy BU. Your thoughts?

they need to take a trip to Gainesville to see how it's really done. Amateurs

At least they didnt get (pee'd) on.

IRT. gator swamp.

Assuming that is what you were talking about PJ?

These guys were clearly out of line, as were some of the aggie fans. I dont want to paint a picture that Aggies are "always" good sports. I thought the circus dunk at the end of the game was a nice little message to Baylor fans. That seems to have them stirred up the most.

March 5, 2008

Baylor Family,

I want to address the events toward the end of last night's men's basketball game against Texas A&M. While the attendance and enthusiasm of the record crowd was tremendous, unfortunately the actions of a small number of fans was totally unacceptable and reflected badly upon Baylor. We will not tolerate fans throwing objects onto a playing surface at games. his is a classless act and endangers student-athletes, coaches and game officials. Anyone who is found to have thrown an object risks losing future ticket privileges to Baylor athletics contests.

We want our fans, and particularly our students, to focus on cheering for Baylor and not directing derrogatory comments toward the opposing team or officials. Baylor teams need the encouragement of our fans and that does not occur when negative chants or comments are directed at others.

Baylor is experiencing a resurgence in athletics and we are going to have many more opportunities to cheer on the Bears and Lady Bears to victory in the future. Let's make sure that all of us represent the athletics program and university in a first-class manner at all times, and prove to everyone that we have the best fans in the Big 12. Thank you for your support and being a Baylor fan!

These are both exciting and busy times in the Baylor athletics department!

There is so much great news to share on many fronts and I hope that the Baylor Family is relishing in the incredible success that is being enjoyed by our teams.

With March Madness upon us, basketball is on everyone's mind. I believe that both the Bears and Lady Bears are poised to make exciting runs in the postseason beginning with the Big 12 Tournament next week in Kansas City. We expect to have a large contingent of Baylor fans on hand cheering on our teams. For those of you unable to attend the tournament, we expect that each Baylor game will be televised and available to our fans in many locations throughout Texas and the nation.

This was written by Baylor University AD Ian McCaw.

you're right, the SC highlights didn't say anything about that stuff...eesh

VN Store

Back