Baylor lacking in class from the coach...

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
to the fan base.

Baylor's head coach was given an opportunity to retract a statement he made after his comments about Joe Jones and what has been dubbed "the pick". Apparently, Coach Drew said that he "Saw" and "Heard" Jones use an explicit phrase after screening Tweety in the last game between the Bears and Ags.

He was interviewed about the up coming post season and some of his recent comments. When given TWO chance....not one but TWO chances, he provided this.

"We'll just leave it at that and move on."

THE BIG 12 office cleary told him they saw NO evidence of that screen to be illeagal, nor did they see Jones move his mouth to say anything after reviewing the tape.

It is easy, when you are wrong, you fix it. When you are a public figure, you need to fix it. When the league tells you, "Hey go fix it"., you should......fix it. But I guess when you have no class, your fans have no class, your admin. trys very little to clean up your act, and the league is on the verge of stepping in youy dont need to.

Baylor, the epitome of class from the top down. I hope the get whipped by some tiny little school by 1000.

Thoughts?

Really doesn't sound like too big of a deal. He thinks the screen was illegal, and the office doesn't. It happens. The office also can't hear what Jones said, Drew could. Maybe that's more of what he's standing by after the fact.

Because honestly, who cares that much about a screen anyway.

It is not a huge issue. I mean, I could care less about a screen. I can agree with Dickens that Drew is a good coach, but my point is this.

Baylor is being painted as America's little darling around here and I'm here to tell ya, the whole lot of em are classless. Not the players per se', but the guys running the show.

At a school that is struggling with their image, this does not help their case imo.

We just played them recently and it is one of the main topic on sports radio. His statement was made yesterday. I appreciate you researching my threads though. It shows that you are attentive. :hi:

to the fan base.

Baylor's head coach was given an opportunity to retract a statement he made after his comments about Joe Jones and what has been dubbed "the pick". Apparently, Coach Drew said that he "Saw" and "Heard" Jones use an explicit phrase after screening Tweety in the last game between the Bears and Ags.

He was interviewed about the up coming post season and some of his recent comments. When given TWO chance....not one but TWO chances, he provided this.

"We'll just leave it at that and move on."

THE BIG 12 office cleary told him they saw NO evidence of that screen to be illeagal, nor did they see Jones move his mouth to say anything after reviewing the tape.

It is easy, when you are wrong, you fix it. When you are a public figure, you need to fix it. When the league tells you, "Hey go fix it"., you should......fix it. But I guess when you have no class, your fans have no class, your admin. trys very little to clean up your act, and the league is on the verge of stepping in youy dont need to.

Baylor, the epitome of class from the top down. I hope the get whipped by some tiny little school by 1000.

Thoughts?
I think a fan of a school that has employed Jackie Sherrill, Kermit Davis, Tony Barone, and Dennis Franchione talking about someone else's lack of class is hilarious.

It is not a huge issue. I mean, I could care less about a screen. I can agree with Dickens that Drew is a good coach, but my point is this.

Baylor is being painted as America's little darling around here and I'm here to tell ya, the whole lot of em are classless. Not the players per se', but the guys running the show.

At a school that is struggling with their image, this does not help their case imo.
Scott Drew has more class in his fingernails than is contained in the entirety of Mark Turgeon.

I am just throwing this out there, but isn't it possible that Drew is 100 % sure of what he heard? That would explain his behavior completely, right? It seems he is reacting exactly as one would expect under the circumstances of what one claims being true, despite no official validation of the claims by the conference. I don't know enough to assume he is classless. He may be right.

Scott Drew has more class in his fingernails than is contained in the entirety of Mark Turgeon.

Why? Back that up Hate. I'm all ears to hear about how Turg is a peice of garbage and Drew is seated at the right hand of the Father. Enlighten the hell outta me. :popcorn:

Why? Back that up Hate. I'm all ears to hear about how Turg is a peice of garbage and Drew is seated at the right hand of the Father. Enlighten the hell outta me. :popcorn:
Other than the fact that Drew has pulled a program out the abyss by simply working hard and doing the right thing, while passing up opportunities to skip out on Baylor for easier situations and Turgeon is a guy who is employed at a BCS school because of a resume built with miscreants and guys who were tossed out of other programs at Wichita State? Other than Scott Drew is universally loved by his peers, while Turgeon has about 10 friends in the entire business?

Other than the fact that Drew has pulled a program out the abyss by simply working hard and doing the right thing, while passing up opportunities to skip out on Baylor for easier situations and Turgeon is a guy who is employed at a BCS school because of a resume built with miscreants and guys who were tossed out of other programs at Wichita State? Other than Scott Drew is universally loved by his peers, while Turgeon has about 10 friends in the entire business?

I can assure you that Drew has enemies in the BIG12. Enemies that have recently surfaced due to the atrocities that are allowed at Baylor Home games.

Turgeon used to coach at Witchita State dude. How much run do they get? How well do you REALLY know Turgeon. How well does anyone REALLY know Turgeon. He hasnt been coaching for that long.

In honor of your other statement:
To comment on some guy's group of friends without having the slightest clue or basis for factual evidence, is funny to me.

I can assure you that Drew has enemies in the BIG12. Enemies that have recently surfaced due to the atrocities that are allowed at Baylor Home games.

Turgeon used to coach at Witchita State dude. How much run do they get? How well do you REALLY know Turgeon. How well does anyone REALLY know Turgeon. He hasnt been coaching for that long.

In honor of your other statement:
To comment on some guy's group of friends without having the slightest clue or basis for factual evidence, is funny to me.
Given I know probably 200 of the 330+ head coaches in D-I and countless assistants, I have no problem commenting on the number and quality of Mark Turgeon's friends in the profession. There's your factual basis. Now, why don't you go infect an A&M board with your drivel?

Given I know probably 200 of the 330+ head coaches in D-I and countless assistants, I have no problem commenting on the number and quality of Mark Turgeon's friends in the profession. There's your factual basis. Now, why don't you go infect an A&M board with your drivel?[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll take your word for it. I cant think of anything polite to say to you anymore so,....nice avatar. But next time around, try not to end with a tool comment like this. That is not your style. I respect you more than that.

:peace:

VN Store

Back