Battle In Bristol Screen

Per Hubbs

It's also significant in that folks from Bristol Motor Speedway are expected to be on hand to observe gameday operations and just all the components of hosting a major college football game. Everything the Vols are doing right now is largely about closing strong and setting the stage for 2016, and as we've noted recently with ticket sales north of 80,000 for that game, Tennessee's ability to close strong and carry that buzz into next year only enhances the glamour of the Battle at Bristol, which will be a nationally televised prime-time affair.

Reactions: 1 person
Fascinating. How high will it be above the playing field? Will it be high enough that punts won't hit it? They talk about the size and the amount of cable, but there's no pictures or diagrams showing the actual elevation of the screens from the surface. I wonder what if any regulations there are for the distance from ground to screen.

I wasnt gonna go because I didnt think youd be able to see anything, but now I will be there for sure

Don't change your mind because of this screen. While it is bigger than what is there it is by no means "big", and you still aren't going to be able to see anything. Maybe Racing Electronics will be there renting their Fan Vision sets for use during the game.

Last edited:
I watched them convert the speedway into a dirt track and back to normal in not much time at all several years ago. I said "there's no way" back then. The screen will be ready. They've already started digging for the support sections.

I'd bet $ this isn't finished in time for the game

Bruton Smith is supposed to have it ready in time for at least one of the races so it will be ready for the game.

It will be a small task compared to what he's already done there.

Just hate that Beamer won't be coaching then. That'll take a little bit of glitter away from the game.

Don't change your mind because of this screen. While it is bigger than what is there it is by no means "big", and you still aren't going to be able to see anything. Maybe Racing Electronics will be there renting their Fan Vision sets for use during the game.

20 yards wide is a pretty darn big 4-sided suspension screen. It will be an engineering feat, for sure. BMS is really putting in work to make this an event to remember. I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to be there.

Reactions: 1 person
They should go ahead and make them 30 yards wide, unless there is a specific space to put a TV, my advice is to go the next size up( if looking at a 55", get the 60"), sure it costs more but when is the next time you spend that much on a TV.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back