BasketVols will be elite this year

Led Kansas from start to finish. That’s impressive in itself. We are going to be tough as we continue to improve and jell. Great game tonight but our best ball is in front of us. But the defense is our constant, offense is going to continue to improve as we go. GBO!

We have beat Kansas two years in a row now!!!!

Bad boy mower Paradise Island champs!!

Barnes can't win the big ones l, right?!?!

@KUHoops, mind if we drain another 3 in your face???

While this is a great win, I'm pretty sure Barnes can't win the big ones until he proves it wrong. I hope that changes this year in the real tournament.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
The vols are good. Great win tonight for sure.

To become elite down the road or perhaps down the stretch late, I believe the bigs will have to learn how to work for the ball.

Some of them are doing good things; however I don’t think (just my opinion) they really understand (or really have the skill set yet) how to work to get the ball and their shots down low.

This could really make Tennessee elite……if they could just get it done “decently” on a more consistent basis.

Reactions: Jaingo
Clown?? I guess mediocrity is ok with you. Until Rick Barnes gets a team to a final he still has something to prove as a coach. FFS he has a LOSING RECORD in the NCAA tourney. I like Rick Barnes, and I stated I hope gets us farther this year.

But to be honest, if you want to argue his end of year accomplishments, you are the clown.

Great win tonight though.

*further

Clown?? I guess mediocrity is ok with you. Until Rick Barnes gets a team to a final he still has something to prove as a coach. FFS he has a LOSING RECORD in the NCAA tourney. I like Rick Barnes, and I stated I hope gets us farther this year.

But to be honest, if you want to argue his end of year accomplishments, you are the clown.

When Rick retires, you’ll see this program drift into a true state of mediocrity….

When Rick retires, you’ll see this program drift into a true state of mediocrity….

I never said he isn't a great season coach. I've enjoyed watching his teams since 2000 being married to a Longhorn, and he's developed a ton of talent along with great character. Early season tourneys are great, and this win was great, but I hope he can get it done in March.

Reactions: Delmar

I think that if he retires when he wants to he will leave an opportunity to get a really good coach that can build a great program. If the clowns get their way and Barnes gets pushed out, then it very likely leads to mediocrity. Tennessee has a reputation for running off really good coaches and hiring a parade of jack wagons afterwards.

That idiot ZR called Russell W this afternoon calling for both Barnes and Heupel to be fired immediately if either loses tonight or tomorrow night. ZR and his brother Phil are the worst of the worst.

I think Barnes is trying to use his depth run the other team off the floor early in the season, this will have some effect on his teams 3 point percentage as well as the opponent. Last night and tonight the opposition wilted at games end while UT was playing with a lot of controlled energy. That was without their #2 player and team leader JJJ.

Unending question, why do clumsy 7 footers who get the ball close to the goal always try to dribble the basketball in traffic? Its like a disease they can't control. At 276lbs just turn to the basket, take a short step and dunk it.

Can't see the forest from the trees. Reference last year's body of work.

I absolutely think it's a great win, my responses were in regards to an earlier response insinuating Barnes as a coach that wins the big ones.

Oh, and **** you Kas232323, you're an argumentative piece of ****.... Now I'll enjoy my time out.
Barnes has won 5 straight over top 10 teams, but he can't win the big ones. Okay then....

I never said he isn't a great season coach. I've enjoyed watching his teams since 2000 being married to a Longhorn, and he's developed a ton of talent along with great character. Early season tourneys are great, and this win was great, but I hope he can get it done in March.
Criticisms of his ncaa tourney results are valid. We have definitely underachieved under Rick Barnes in that regard...but today was a big win and we should enjoy it and hope for better results in March than we have in the past.

Criticisms of his ncaa tourney results are valid. We have definitely underachieved under Rick Barnes in that regard...but today was a big win and we should enjoy it and hope for better results in March than we have in the past.

His NCAAT W/L record would be much better. If his marginally good teams FAILED TO MAKE THE FIELD.

Arguing that Rick Barnes and his record at Tennessee is mediocre is clown material. What we had before Barnes got here was the definition of mediocre.

I think the offense looked much better overall in the B4A. Against Butler was ideal, as we shot 48% from the field. USC's first half was fantastic, but we had a tough time adjusting to the zone defense, and then went cold from deep. And Kansas could've been even better without the 24 turnovers.

Still plenty of things to refine and improve upon, but the offense is flowing so much better from those first 2 games. We took 44 and 37 threes in the first two games, and only shot 29.6%. Since then we're averaging only 20 attempts per game and shooting 35% instead (and that's with a really rough game against USC included).

Overall, I see a noticeable difference. The key to me will be limiting turnovers. That comes down to Zakai and Santi just playing within themselves. Side note, I've really enjoyed seeing how much that Jahmai and Aidoo have improved. They both are making a difference on both ends.

I totally disagree Rick Barnes has made this job into a job a top flight coach would love to have, I do not see the level of recruiting or play on the floor decrease at all and the rsults will be just as good

You do know that in the end that only ONE team wins a national championship. The other 355 fail. In essence, what you’re saying is that all these coaches are mediocre or worse except for one each year.

Reactions: StickMan
“If there’s one thing Tennessee always does it’s kick the s**t out of Kansas!” - Darren Doonley

I think that if he retires when he wants to he will leave an opportunity to get a really good coach that can build a great program. If the clowns get their way and Barnes gets pushed out, then it very likely leads to mediocrity. Tennessee has a reputation for running off really good coaches and hiring a parade of jack wagons afterwards.

That idiot ZR called Russell W this afternoon calling for both Barnes and Heupel to be fired immediately if either loses tonight or tomorrow night. ZR and his brother Phil are the worst of the worst.
What clown that actually has any influence is trying to push Barnes out? What random nutjobs posting on Internet forums doesn’t matter and nobody with a brain would be trying to push Barnes out.

Arguing that Rick Barnes and his record at Tennessee is mediocre is clown material. What we had before Barnes got here was the definition of mediocre.

Take out his first two years and he's winning at a 72% clip...... We are all aware of his probabilities in the post season, but this level of recruiting and almost near certainty to be a ranked and top 4-6 seed every year is much greater than rolling the dice on someone else.

Basketball program has been on autopilot for a bit aka stability.

Led Kansas from start to finish. That’s impressive in itself. We are going to be tough as we continue to improve and jell. Great game tonight but our best ball is in front of us. But the defense is our constant, offense is going to continue to improve as we go. GBO!

Equally Impressive was that TENNESSEE CROWD at the Bahamas! "I said it's great to be a Tennessee Vol!" Bill Self could only grimace as it seemed the entire House was singing it!! What a Fan Base!!! GBO!

VN Store

Back