BasketVols Lookin’ Good in Practice...

I'm excited about basketball this year more than ever. I just hope it doesnt get shut down. And I really hope this team doesn't play selfish with a me me me attitude. Watching that film makes me wonder if this isnt the most talented and physically team ever assembled in Knoxville top to bottom. Please Please Please Corona stay the heck away. Final four or Bust.
I don't disagree with you in the least, but are you saying you've detected a sense of selfishness within any part of the program since Barnes arrived?

I love it when the practices are harder than 80% of the games they'll play. That's when programs really get better because there isn't a day off. All of these guys can play and are battling for playing time.

I really hope Barnes spreads the minutes out more this year. I know it’s been his style to really run with a seven man rotation pretty heavily but there are so many guys who can contribute this year and keep the team fresh into March (and April 🤞)

Incredible amount of depth. Johnson/Springer combo is very exciting. Pons looks much lighter... no telling how high the guy will jump now lol. Plasvic looks less like a baby giraffe.

Thank goodness for our BasketVOLS in recent years.
Plavsic looked good. 262 pounds is a load inside.

ON does look improved. I was excited about him coming out of high school, but he clearly didn't have a great year last year. Unfortunately there's probably only enough time for one of Plavsic or him to play so that will be a good battle for backup C.

I really hope Barnes spreads the minutes out more this year. I know it’s been his style to really run with a seven man rotation pretty heavily but there are so many guys who can contribute this year and keep the team fresh into March (and April 🤞)
I hope he does exactly what he's done in the past and plays our best 7 or 8 most of the time.

We will play with alot of pace this year. So playing 10 guys getting some run no problem. This will be Barnes best D Unit they will use alot of energy there and turn teams over leading to fast break basketball so playing 10 will be needed and we have the depth of players to do so. It will be a very good year in Mens Hoops. In CHRIST Alone.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Never want to take too much from these videos but Bailey’s perimeter shot looked very nice, ORN looked much more explosive/confident/smooth, Plavsic looks improved.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Never want to take too much from these videos but Bailey’s perimeter shot looked very nice, ORN looked much more explosive/confident/smooth, Plavsic looks improved.
No wonder Bailey can't see the field in football, he's too busy working on that jump shot.

Oh man I needed that video...This team is absolutely loaded this year...It has a chance to be extra special...I can't wait!

Reactions: tn4elvis
I like the chemistry between Springer and Keon. Those 2 like to attack, not the type to just sit out and float around behind the 3 point line. They are going to be a problem on both ends of the court for teams with weakness at the guard position. JJJ and Vescovi are really going to benefit playing alongside their style. I don't think you'll see us clogging up the paint as much this year.

Best collection of talent we’ve had on a basketball court. I hope this team puts it together this year and gives us the best team in UT bball history.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
ORN is going to have a Fulky type of development during his career here at UT, watch and enjoy. I think the same could be same could be said about Gaines and Pember. This extra year is going to be such a blessing for a Coach Barnes coached team who really knows how to develop players!

ORN is going to have a Fulky type of development during his career here at UT, watch and enjoy. I think the same could be same could be said about Gaines and Pember. This extra year is going to be such a blessing for a Coach Barnes coached team who really knows how to develop players!
Man, I really hope so. I was down on the commitment when we took it, and obviously he did nothing to dissuade me as a freshman. But I'll be honest, I've really found it hard to discredit players that Barnes recruits if they stick thru it the first couple years. Fulk looked like he didn't belong as a rFR and rSO, primarily due to injury. Pons looked like a lost ball in high weeds, early on. Those are our two leaders in the paint, now, and regining 2nd team All-SEC and DPOY, respectively.

Anosike takes the ball up hard! I could see him getting to the line a lot if he posted up as hard as he takes it up. His height though.... looks like he barely makes the back row in the team photo. lol

Can't wait to watch this team play. They should frustrate a lot of teams with their defensive pressure and depth.

VN Store

Back