Basketball National Championship

ainge10heisman

Tennessee Pusher
For everyone that reads this keep in mind all of this is strictly my opinion on the subject so be nice with your replies. All responses and opinions will be greatly appreciated because I want to know how everyone feels about it. I just got back from Iraq 3 weeks ago and all I have been doing is watching ball non-stop.

I think the Vols will win the National Championship and heres what it will take to reach that goal:
#1. Great coaching, Pearl and his staff have got to be on top of their game and ready for a fight. He will have to make the players mentally tough and the 8 game ban should help for that in the long run. They got to out coach and out scheme their opponents and have their players ready for anything that comes their way.
#2. Hopson will have to play at his very best on both sides of the ball as well as spreading it around and creating shots for others.He needs alot of points somewhere in the 20's and he will have to carry the team on his back and be a great leader on the floor, kind of like
Manning is for the Colts.
#3. Williams will have to be a force on the glass, he will have to pull down everything that comes his way. He will need alot of garbage points for us to reach our goal.We need strong defensive play from him and need him to average close to a double-double each game, he has been close all season and may of done got one but thats all we need from him come March.
#4. Goins will have to step up more than any other player on this team. We need him to keep playing strong D and shutting his opponents down.
He will have to be a offensive threat and score more points than his normal average, will need to dish out alot of assists.
#5. Harris will need to play a great game. He can't make bad freshman mistakes in this game. He needs good play all around and show people how good he is. He will need to average a double-double somthing like 20/10.
#6. Bench play needs to be great, when they come in the team cant skip a beat.
#7. We have got to MAKE our free throws and play smart ball. Cant be getting called for any dumb fouls and got to stay out of foul trouble ourselfs. Manage the game like we are capable of, create turn overs and turn them into points.

Last edited:
way too early for this. Who knows how we even match-up against the other teams in our bracket.

Anything is possible.....and it would be hella sweet

We better negotiate the trap game with oakland this week. For those who may not have seen it they lost to michigan state at state by one (1) point.

Way to early to start thinking about that. A lot can happen between now and March. This team just needs to focus on winning as many games as they can and get a high seed.

I think you just claimed that we need at least four players to average in the twenties. If that does happen then yes, we will win a lot of games.

First of all I never said 4 players needed to average in the 20s i only spoke of 2 which is Hopson and Harris and they both are close to that as it is.
But yeah I know alot can happen from now until March..injuries, suspensions, etc. Ive watched basketball since the beginning of the season and have seen all the top 25 teams play and the Vols has looked better than every team except Duke. Duke just lost their star point guard Irving to a season ending injury so who knows what type of team Duke will be without him.

Does this team have the potential? Yes. But it is far too early to start reserving Final Four tickets

This team needs to keep widdling away towards a top seed. Then, we can survive and advance.

South Alabama can win the national championship. All they have to do is score more points than the other teams they play.

First of all I never said 4 players needed to average in the 20s i only spoke of 2 which is Hopson and Harris and they both are close to that as it is.
But yeah I know alot can happen from now until March..injuries, suspensions, etc. Ive watched basketball since the beginning of the season and have seen all the top 25 teams play and the Vols has looked better than every team except Duke. Duke just lost their star point guard Irving to a seaso--n ending injury so who knows what type of team Duke will be without him.

link to season ending injury to irving ? :ermm: :ermm:

link to season ending injury to irving ? :ermm: :ermm:
I dont have time to get a link, its been all over espn since its happened though, some kind of freak toe accident. I may be mistaken, they might not have said 100% for sure he will be out all season, but I do know i seen and read about him and a season ending injury but it may not be official yet.

But yeah I know alot can happen from now until March..injuries, suspensions, etc. Ive watched basketball since the beginning of the season and have seen all the top 25 teams play and the Vols has looked better than every team except Duke. Duke just lost their star point guard Irving to a season ending injury so who knows what type of team Duke will be without him.

better check the duke website on basketball. i just did and all it said was irving's foot was placed in a hard cast today. he'll be back for the acc season, you can bet on that.

Ok dude I believe you. I just got home about a hour ago from a dinner with the old lady, and I was just going on the info I heard earlier this morning. I havent had the chance to get updated on all the info in the sports world yet. This morning they was reporting it was some freak toe injury (and freak toe injury was his exact words he used) and they said it was season ending. Im glad he will be back though becuase he truly is a special player and id hate to see his season end like that.

Your guess is as good as mine. Like I said all of this is my opinion, but I believe UT has a great shot at winning it all this season if they play all tournament like they are capable of playing. They already look as good as any team in the nation just outside of Duke, and UT's only going to keep gettin better so the sky is the limit. Maymon will be playing soon and he could be the key to help take us all the way to the top.

I dont have time to get a link, its been all over espn since its happened though, some kind of freak toe accident. I may be mistaken, they might not have said 100% for sure he will be out all season, but I do know i seen and read about him and a season ending injury but it may not be official yet.

I believe you FWIW, also thanks for your service.

Being good in December is the football equivalent to being good in September... wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early.

Well talk again in Feb.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back