Basketball camp question

TXVolsFan

Hi! I am bringing my 12 year old from Texas for the basketball camp in June. Its his first trip and only my second time to Knoxville. Im from Tennessee and have been a huge fan my entire life so excited to bring him to camp. Is there any places to eat you guys suggest? Any other things we should do or see while in town? Also looking for a hotel and the last time I was in I stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street from the University but its sold out. Is the Hampton Inn on Papermill Drive close? Any hotels you guys recommend? Thanks for any info! Looking forward to the trip!

Papermill is 10 minutes away from UT. Lots of places to eat on Kingston Pike (Hwy 11/70) about 1/4 mile or less to the south from the Hampton and heading west. Several spots on KP right there (on "Bearden Hill"). Turn right out of the hotel parking lot (the side road, Weisgarber, not Papermill), turn right at Kingston Pike at the stop sign and up the hill on the right. A few other places on the opposite side of KP right there as well. Aubrey's is pretty good and is almost walking distance to the Hampton.

There's the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. I've never been.

Hi! I am bringing my 12 year old from Texas for the basketball camp in June. Its his first trip and only my second time to Knoxville. Im from Tennessee and have been a huge fan my entire life so excited to bring him to camp. Is there any places to eat you guys suggest? Any other things we should do or see while in town? Also looking for a hotel and the last time I was in I stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street from the University but its sold out. Is the Hampton Inn on Papermill Drive close? Any hotels you guys recommend? Thanks for any info! Looking forward to the trip!
I will always recommend Sweet Ps BBQ (get the ribs). The one downtown is my preferred location, but the original is good too.

VN Store

Back