Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
Those guys make crappy sandwiches so his opinion means nothing.

My daughter likes Jimmy John's, so she might disagree. She'd prefer Alvin Kamara to coach FWIW.

Fulmer started this mess by thinking he was bigger than the program! If he would have recruited better he would still be the coach. Lane will bring swag back to Ktown and be here for years to come. Phil wanted to be AD after the 1998 NC and was worried his assistant coaches might have made a better HC than him. Could not handle that and that's why I feel he thinks he's bigger than the program. Lane Train all the way baby!

He was recruiting better. In 2005 he was 4. In 2006 he slipped to 23, 2007 3.. 2008 down to 35. The day he was fired he had the 6th ranked class in the nation. Kiffin's swag dropped it to 10th. Not consistent but never a big downward lazy trend like people sell all the time. Don't know how to deal with the AD in 98' thing... news to me......

I was at Jimmy John’s on my lunch break today, and I made conversation with the guy making my sandwich. He told me that Lane Kiffin would definitely take the job if we simply offered it to him.

Do you guys think he would accept if offered?

giphy.gif

Reactions: VolnJC
There is a particular class of boosters where one member of that club will donate 10 times more than what 100 of us combined do in any given year and then some. There are at least a half dozen of these types that would close their checkbooks cold to the university if he were to ever come back here. They have generational investments in this school, and they aren’t the type to just forgive and forget. They don’t need him and they know it. We love the football team, but they love this school in a completely different way, and it is heart attack serious. See Pelosi VS Trump for reference. He is a piss ant in the scheme of things compared to Fulmer, and they are the reason he is no longer in the corner office. In no particular order, this is one of the two dozen reasons that Kiffin will not coach here again.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back