Basilio: University Officials are on the way to Chicago for Lovie Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't treat that as a reliable source, but it is a possibility. I believe that talks with Cut have stalled though.

He didn't say that Muschamp had accepted that deal. He just put here the deal they had offered. So whatev

I'm hearing 4,000,000 to a coach

Not sure if NFL coaches do well in the NCAA or vice versa.

Pete Carroll did well enough, though

Anybody else not really like this hire either? Better than Cutcliffe, but I'm not jumping up and down with this either. The Bears are one ugly football team to watch.

Lovie Smith.... David Cutcliff.... Both bigtime smoke screens.. process is taking too long to complete especially where Cut is concerned......

on smith's wiki page it says he resigned his HC with the bears and is coming to TN:

After the season's conclusion, the Bears organization announced that Smith would return in 2010. However, the organization fired offensive coordinator Ron Turner and three other offensive coaches. Smith was relived of his defensive play calling responsibilities, while Babich was officially demoted as the team's defensive coordinator.[17]

On January 14, 2010, Smith resigned as head football coach of the Chicago Bears and accepted the head coaching position at the University of Tennessee. Smith replaces Lane Kiffin, who unceremoniously left the Tennessee program after 14 months as the Volunteer head coach. Smith becomes the first African-American coach in the history of the University of Tennessee.

[edit] Personal life

That would actually be a major get. An NFL coach a couple years removed from the super bowl... as opposed to an ex-NFL coach who couldn't keep a job with the Raiders.

Reactions: volfeeva
Anybody else not really like this hire either? Better than Cutcliffe, but I'm not jumping up and down with this either. The Bears are one ugly football team to watch.

Not as ugly as Oakland circa 2008, and he took the Bears to a Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back