Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama
Tex AM
Georgia
Oklahoma
Clemson

They had a 4-game stretch where they beat Florida, Miss State, Auburn and Alabama, and to close the season they had a 4-game stretch of TexAM, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson. Brutal. Won em’ all. And this schedule mirrors any SEC team who won the conference and or national title in the last 20 years. If you’re going to play in the SEC, win the conference and make the playoffs, you’re going to have a murderous schedule.

See my part were I said I will show you a National Championship team.

Seems you also just showed us a national championship team.

And they only met Clemson due to playoffs....

Because again, you showed me a NC team.

This would be a straight out stupid schedule and TN needs to fight it. Doesbt help us a bit and highly helps GA who we recruit against.

Reactions: Jaws
If that turns out to be the case,then,I think the only proper way to make this radiator have.gapeedawgs play Ark. home and home and Fla. play Old Miss home and home.That would even out for the two suckbutt East div. whiners.

If that turns out to be the case,then,I think the only proper way to make this radiator have.gapeedawgs play Ark. home and home and Fla. play Old Miss home and home.That would even out for the two suckbutt East div. whiners.

Is there someone out there fluent in the language of Jim Pique? Translator please.

Drugs are bad kids.

Reactions: onevol74
Would anybody actually be surprised lol Florida was complaining because they didn’t want to play Alabama and Georgia the same year 🙄

Reactions: HalfullVol
Just last year, LSU went undefeated, along the way they beat:
Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama
Tex AM
Georgia
Oklahoma
Clemson

They had a 4-game stretch where they beat Florida, Miss State, Auburn and Alabama, and to close the season they had a 4-game stretch of TexAM, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson. Brutal. Won em’ all. And this schedule mirrors any SEC team who won the conference and or national title in the last 20 years. If you’re going to play in the SEC, win the conference and make the playoffs, you’re going to have a murderous schedule.
I dare say that LSU team is easily top 3 all time...That schedule as you said was brutal and they beat em all.

What was his rationale for that?

If our 2 west opponents were 6-10 last year, adding 2 that would be 12-4

That means our total would be 18-14.

As the West went .500 last year, I am going to say he is most definitely wrong.

Bring it on. It's a weird year. May as well go big and get the experience.

I don't understand the "pile up cheap wins" mentality that many have. Yes, the year is shot to hades as far as normalcy goes. So, I'd rather play all the top teams. It's not like we have expectations of running the table here anyway. Surely.

Play as many big rivals as possible. Whenever we win one it will give us something exciting to talk about. Who cares if we go 6-4 or 5-5. It'll be 5 or 6 memorable wins and prob some heartache mixed in with a dose of shooda-woolda-coulda. But at least we're not padding our bowl eligibility with Charlotte etc.

I agree it it was a bowl or championship game but it hurts recruiting if you lose more than win which affects on field performance down the road

Even as a regular season game, I look at it as an opportunity to prove we can compete.
A positive message to recruits.
Come here and compete against the best.

This would be a travesty if true. They should try to match up the additional two games based on place of finish last season to the extent it is feasible (i.e., if they aren’t already playing).

Just my $0.02.

It wouldn't surprise me if they took away @ark and replaced it with @lsu and added aTm and @Auburn and of course kept Bama game and SECeast slate of @GA, FL, KY, Mizzou, @SCar, and @Vandy. That way we could play the four best teams in the West and the four best teams in the East not named Tennessee!

I fully expect us to get our bye week before last game @Vandy too!

I was led to believe we're playing OMiss and LSU. I think I saw that graphic on the PF show.

That's not fair enough! Georgia would have to play @bama, Aub, MissSt and Ark; Florida would have to play LSU, @Ole Miss, Ark and MissSt.

Now Tennessee playing Bama, @lsu, Aub and @aTm (replacing @Ark) would be much more fair and level the playing field for Florida and Georgia!

If true, that’s absurd. UT already has Bama as its permanent West team plus UF and UGA. Adding what are likely the second and third best team from the West isn’t competitively balanced. Watch UGA add Arkansas and Ole Miss.

If anyone wants to see how favorable schedules provide an easier path to success, checkout Ohio State’s schedule this year. Vols might go undefeated with that schedule or drop a game or maybe two max.

I’ve said this for yours. Keep in mind.. we scheduled Oregon and Oklahoma as OOC opponents in addition to the SEC gauntlet.

if this is true that would such tremendously. But I don't fear either team and think we could beat both.

How is it balanced to get 3 of the top 4 in the West. Including 1 and 2? If this turns out to be true, UF better have Bama and Auburn added and UGA better have LSU or A&M added.

VN Store

Back