Basilio saying Pope out

Uh... It was a reply to a post that asked for a vice-pope. The guy's last name is Bishop. Work with me here, guys. Work with me!

Before that, I posted that the current vice-pope is on roster at Louisville. The Louisville CARDINALS.

Work with me, folks.
You are just operating at a higher level then us mortals.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
If this turns into a ground game caused by the potential weather problems Pope would be a valuable asset. Hope this is not true.

How valuable would he be with a repaired back? I'd hate to depend on that for part of the run game...He was the best blocking TE last year, but he still got manhandled at times...

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
This comes out the same day Jackson Lowe hits the Transfer Portal.

Man, I hope Fant, Beckwith, J. Allen, Warren and Brown are up to the challenge.

I still say we convert the athletic and relatively lean Jamir Johnson into a blocking TE. Would make for a nice Jumbo Package!

Time for Beckwith to become a stud TE
I don't see Dee ever playing with his hand on the ground. You're going to see him lined up all over the field though, a bunch in the slot I believe. Beckwith is electric with the ball in his hand not blocky and straight line like TEs generally seem to be. He's also slimmed up some since football last season as he was close to 235 lbs this time last year. They've listed him at 220 but he's closer to 230lbs with very little body fat. He plays more like Julio Jones than he does any TE out there.

I don't see Dee ever playing with his hand on the ground. You're going to see him lined up all over the field though, a bunch in the slot I believe. Beckwith is electric with the ball in his hand not blocky and straight line like TEs generally seem to be. He's also slimmed up some since football last season as he was close to 235 lbs this time last year. They've listed him at 220 but he's closer to 230lbs with very little body fat. He plays more like Julio Jones than he does any TE out there.
I mean he's already been practicing at TE in camp. I think he'll be kind of a hybrid type guy, but we need a difference maker at TE. Seemingly he can play several positions given the RB practice recently.

I mean he's already been practicing at TE in camp. I think he'll be kind of a hybrid type guy, but we need a difference maker at TE. Seemingly he can play several positions given the RB practice recently.
He's positioned at TE some but he's not practicing with his hand on the ground. He's probably never had to block anyone in his life and I doubt they have him playing there much at all on running plays. I can definitely see him lined up as a hybrid type guy in certain packages as he's going to force DCs to decide who they'll use on him whether it be a LB or DB, his size and attributes make him a mismatch vs either one. I think he's practicing at RB because I believe he's going to be the wildcat QB for us and may take over Q Crouch's role as our power back in our BIG packages. Him playing all over goes back to the recruiting process of Dee. Coach Pruitt assured him during recruiting that he was going to get an opportunity to play somewhere if he earned it and Dee really doesn't care where, even if it was at D end. His relationship with Coach Pruitt and the opportunity to have a shot at playing is what got him to Knoxville as opposed to Gainesville.

I'm big on him because I know his story a bit and I know how hard he's chasing his dreams.

I like Warren, he's got great height, really soft hands. He was just so skinny when he got here, so he really just had to transform his body to play in the SEC. I think he's finally at a point where he can play with the physicality needed.

Wondering how he has contacts from inside the Vatican
Lol! This reminds
me of probably my favorite truly old school TN football story / joke. I have no idea if true and the now deceased gentleman who told it was one of the funniest people I have ever known with definitely the quickest wit of anyone I have ever known so it could have just been a joke he made up . I like to imagine that it’s true though . George Cafego was mad as hell after a particularly hot/ grueling practice
and was cussing a blue streak and Bob Suffridge said “whats the matter with you Cafego? Would you talk like that if the pope was standing here ?” To which Cafego replies “f*** the pope!” Suffridge promptly throws a haymaker and lays him out cold. As Cafego comes to one of his teammates said “What’s wrong with you ? Didn’t you know that Suff was Catholic ?” and Cafego says “Yeah I knew Suff was Catholic ....... but damned if I knew the pope was “

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back