Basilio has Vitello on today here shortly for anyone interested

Yup, they’ve got to get some firepower into that lineup. The 5-9 spots are very spotty. I’d like to see Dickey back on lead off, Ahuna next and then Moore, Burke, Drieling, Merritt, Booker
Can’t believe someone can’t help Booker on his stance. He’s killing himself with that crazy squat.

Last edited:
Dreiling will be in the lineup and we will see Sewell back on the mound this weekend.

Here’s my preferred lineup. We should see more Dreiling at DH and rotating with Dickey in LF. I don’t think we want a freshman manning CF so would go with Scott to see if he can get the bat going. As Ahuna has shown, hitters need consistent ABs to get their rhythm and settle in. Also, Miller needs more ABs as a PH or occasional DH

Ahuna. SS. L
Moore. 2B. R
Burke 1B. L
Denton 3B. S
Dickey LF. L
Merritt. RF R
Dreiling/Miller DH. L. EnsleyDH. R
Stark/Taylor C. R
Scott/Booker CF. L

I'll admit that I'm far from someone who can evaluate baseball players, but I'm ready to see some youngsters take some playing time. Not to be critical of Scott and Booker but they've not really done much with the bats. We have to see what some of the younger guys can do sooner rather than later don't we? I mean how long can you keep rolling those two out there given the lack of production?

Reactions: THEONLYTENISEE
Dreiling will be in the lineup and we will see Sewell back on the mound this weekend.

Here’s my preferred lineup. We should see more Dreiling at DH and rotating with Dickey in LF. I don’t think we want a freshman manning CF so would go with Scott to see if he can get the bat going. As Ahuna has shown, hitters need consistent ABs to get their rhythm and settle in. Also, Miller needs more ABs as a PH or occasional DH

Ahuna. SS. L
Moore. 2B. R
Burke 1B. L
Denton 3B. S
Dickey LF. L
Merritt. RF R
Dreiling/Miller DH. L. EnsleyDH. R
Stark/Taylor C. R
Scott/Booker CF. L
I think Jazzy should DH. Dreiling takes a spot in the outfield. Jazzy only has 1 strikeout so far this season. That’s huge for a freshman.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I think he has played as good or better than Ahuna up to this point.
Just to clarify, I meant put Jaslove at DH against lefties along with Ensley. Maybe an occasional breather at SS but Maui needs the reps and at bats. Jaslove will get his chance at SS next year. Maui is an elite defender and hit close to .400 last season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just to clarify, I meant put Jaslove at DH against lefties along with Ensley. Maybe an occasional breather at SS but Maui needs the reps and at bats. Jaslove will get his chance at SS next year. Maui is an elite defender and hit close to .400 last season.
He already has more mistakes than jaslove, I know Maui is gifted but he needs to be pushed and not appointed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He already has more mistakes than jaslove, I know Maui is gifted but he needs to be pushed and not appointed.
It’s a short sample size but agree that Ahuna is rusty and likely pressing after having to sit out 8 games. He will be fine but now isn’t the time to reduce his innings—-Need to get him ready for SEC play. Jaslove played flawless defense (his one error was a MLB quality play should have been scooped at first), and will be a great role player this season. He will be front runner to man SS next year.

WOW, only a few games in and Ahuna is a bum for some of you guys.........I agree he's not going to hit like he did at Kansas however he's solid and is probably one of the best short stops we've had in a long time! I'm also looking at comments from game threads too.

My takeaway from the interview is just how unique Coach V is at Tennessee. I don't ever remember a coach, in any sport, at UT who has been so candid and direct. If he's asked a question he tries to answer it instead of rambling about nothing that has anything to do with what he was asked. He was asked a couple of pointed questions about the mistakes we had Tuesday night and he gave straight answers. He even outlayed what he wants to see in certain situations. It was like listening to an analyst except it was our coach. I cannot imagine not being ride or die for Tony, this staff and this team.

WOW, only a few games in and Ahuna is a bum for some of you guys.........I agree he's not going to hit like he did at Kansas however he's solid and is probably one of the best short stops we've had in a long time! I'm also looking at comments from game threads too.
Never said he was a bum, he is no different than any other players. Performance and stats will tell the story. I’m pulling for him,

My takeaway from the interview is just how unique Coach V is at Tennessee. I don't ever remember a coach, in any sport, at UT who has been so candid and direct. If he's asked a question he tries to answer it instead of rambling about nothing that has anything to do with what he was asked. He was asked a couple of pointed questions about the mistakes we had Tuesday night and he gave straight answers. He even outlayed what he wants to see in certain situations. It was like listening to an analyst except it was our coach. I cannot imagine not being ride or die for Tony, this staff and this team.
He’s definitely a breath of fresh air. No typical “coach speak”. He’s the only Coach I’ve encountered who gives consistently honest, direct answers.

VN Store

Back