Basilio brought me back

Yes, ZR. I was drawing a blank. Real name is Perry iirc. TR is the best caller IMO. “Bachilio”.

Beano is level headed. His brother is as well.

GQ Fan is another clown.

Clone is good. Refeletics Judd is good.

The Kappa Alpha “how are my friends and compatriots doing” (Lynn) can be annoying. Brings some good historical info though.
The Clone is awesome

Yes, ZR. I was drawing a blank. Real name is Perry iirc. TR is the best caller IMO. “Bachilio”.

Beano is level headed. His brother is as well.

GQ Fan is another clown.

Clone is good. Refeletics Judd is good.

The Kappa Alpha “how are my friends and compatriots doing” (Lynn) can be annoying. Brings some good historical info though.[/QUOTE

i used to work with Tony awhile back. All those guys are nice guys. Beano is the salt of the earth. Dr. Sean is cool and really knows the UT Football program. He was a manager back with Majors. I think he was with Jimmy Sexton as managers. W Lynn is also a good guy. He used to be in the card/memorbilia business I think. Small Mike was funny but kinda a dick.

Love Tony, I didn't at first, but found him to be more right then wrong.. the show cracks me up, and love beano.. he's hilarious.. those are the days I call in..

Reactions: VFL10 and badkarma
TB is enjoyable and can be insightful, other than the EA show those guys on 99.1 are awful. Between Heather and Jimmy I’d rather hear nails on a chalkboard
They are not going to say or report anything that would cause them to lost their big orange pass. Jimmy would rather sell air time ads just like the sports source on Sunday.

Me personnaly,I'm a Jason Swain fan.B asillio is alright also.At a time a while.back when Jason was changing to.His own show,Basillio let Jason use his home studio facilities.That,to me,showed class and unselfishness from what I know of that.deal.Probably can do no wrong with.either one of both.

Reactions: badkarma
Tony needs a vacation. You can tell all of this since November has worn on him. My favorite part of the show is Roger.

Reactions: lostsheep
I first discovered Basilio during the Schiano fiasco. Glad I did. He keeps it real and never bashes the fans. He gives coaches a chance but admits when they should go, unlike state run media. Wondering what everyone else thought of him? I have not listened to any other outlets, and I give him props for being independent and successful in a studio in his basement. I think that's awesome. State run would tell you that Pruitt should have been given more time, and they basically ignored a knowledgeable fan base. Screw them for that. He admits his mistakes like his initial takes on Barnes. I guarantee he has more listeners and better advertising dollars than any other show and his post game shows draw thousands on Twitter's periscope. I agree with him that we need a little luck and should give the next coaching staff a chance. Until we shouldn't. I never would have known about how the Haslams and others have been largely responsible for the mess we are now in. I had no idea, and I've been a fan since I was ten. I'm 49 now. One more thing. I know where we are, but I believe we are too much of a tradition to not come back to power. I see a lot of people saying we are done, and that is disappointing.
I’ve listened to Tony off and on for over 25 years. He’s entertaining, loyal, and as genuine as they come. He bleeds orange but calls it as he sees it. His daily blog is outstanding and his after game shows (football and basketball) are legendary He adds joy to lots of Vol fans even during bleak times.

Reactions: aredfox28
I never heard any "state run" media saying he deserved more time... only a few rational fans.

I can't speak for the rest of my fellow "State run" hosts, but I think the general consensus on Pruitt before the investigation was that he was getting another year, not that he deserved another year. Those are not the same thing. I don't think you ever heard an impassioned defense of him from us, because there just weren't grounds to do it. Thats what's frustrating about my job. I try to tell people the truth and what I believe is going to happen based on working sources and using my own experience in college athletics to read the tea leaves that are out there. But the facts of what is GOING to happen and what I think SHOULD happen are not the same thing.

I said on air and on Twitter the week before the A&M game that he was getting another year, and that was based on the information that existed at the time. At the same time, I said that Pruitt had made the path back to widespread support from the average fan virtually impossible because of how the season played out. And that when that happens, you've ultimately already fired him, it's just a prolonged goodbye.The investigation obviously changed all of that.

Tony has been making a living doing things his own way for a long time. He's the ultimate small business success story. I would categorize his show as more entertainment than information, but that's not a bad thing when your ability to feed your family is based on the number of people you can prove to advertisers that you pull in.

Lol they're one of my all time favorite bands. Actually music is a big passion of mine and I've had several music related avatars. I had an Eddie Van Halen tribute avatar for a while. I had a Neal Peart avatar for a while. I love music, probably more than I love Tennessee football.
I remember those. Well deserving of a like. 👍

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Since we are on the subject, I'm in Augusta, Ga. The only folks I know to get some home cooking UT is WNML through the web. I'm really not a fan of them in the least bit. Who else should I try for local to Knoxville sports radio? Thanks in advance.

Download the free TB App. He puts his shows on so you can go back and listen. Best feature of that which I like is you can fast forward thru commercial breaks and some of those go 4-5 minutes

Since we are on the subject, I'm in Augusta, Ga. The only folks I know to get some home cooking UT is WNML through the web. I'm really not a fan of them in the least bit. Who else should I try for local to Knoxville sports radio? Thanks in advance.

Apps for Fan Run Radio (WKGN/Fox Sports Knoxville) and the Swain Event.

I can't speak for the rest of my fellow "State run" hosts, but I think the general consensus on Pruitt before the investigation was that he was getting another year, not that he deserved another year. Those are not the same thing. I don't think you ever heard an impassioned defense of him from us, because there just weren't grounds to do it. Thats what's frustrating about my job. I try to tell people the truth and what I believe is going to happen based on working sources and using my own experience in college athletics to read the tea leaves that are out there. But the facts of what is GOING to happen and what I think SHOULD happen are not the same thing.

I said on air and on Twitter the week before the A&M game that he was getting another year, and that was based on the information that existed at the time. At the same time, I said that Pruitt had made the path back to widespread support from the average fan virtually impossible because of how the season played out. And that when that happens, you've ultimately already fired him, it's just a prolonged goodbye.The investigation obviously changed all of that.

Tony has been making a living doing things his own way for a long time. He's the ultimate small business success story. I would categorize his show as more entertainment than information, but that's not a bad thing when your ability to feed your family is based on the number of people you can prove to advertisers that you pull in.
There’s a difference between “deserves another year” and “should keep him another year”. Some of us saw what kind of disaster this would be in terms of a coaching search even if you had popped him in December, though that would have been far better than what they did. By firing him when they did (and having a chancellor step up and admit to several Level I violations) you made it pretty much impossible to land anyone with any real juice as your HC, and just as unfortunately you made it impossible for whoever you hired to put together an SEC caliber staff.

On top of that, your AD panicked when he was turned down by an ACC coordinator and what do you get? A job that they dangled $7-8M for someone to take and came back with Joan Heupel. AAC coach who has never built a program. Sound familiar? It’s Butch Jones resume accept this guy has run an offense.

I like listening to the guys Tony brings on his show more so than himself, like Beano and some of the people that call In to his shows.

He is very....very hit or miss with his info but I do believe him to be a very genuine dude. Much better to listen to than some of the other radio people in Knoxville, such Jimmy Gumbo Hyams.
How is he hit or miss? He is the absolute most reliable source. No journalists are accurate all the time. He is WAY more in the know than most of his “competition”

I like his independence but my concern with TB--and it's a bit of the nature of the beast--is that he wants to be the first to break the news and so he will sometimes run with a rumor that turns out to be just that, a rumor. But many do that these days, I suppose.
Have an example of this?

There’s a difference between “deserves another year” and “should keep him another year”. Some of us saw what kind of disaster this would be in terms of a coaching search even if you had popped him in December, though that would have been far better than what they did. By firing him when they did (and having a chancellor step up and admit to several Level I violations) you made it pretty much impossible to land anyone with any real juice as your HC, and just as unfortunately you made it impossible for whoever you hired to put together an SEC caliber staff.

On top of that, your AD panicked when he was turned down by an ACC coordinator and what do you get? A job that they dangled $7-8M for someone to take and came back with Joan Heupel. AAC coach who has never built a program. Sound familiar? It’s Butch Jones resume accept this guy has run an offense.
Josh* 😂😂😂

Reactions: Hurley Mooncalf
Basilio's post game shows are absolutely the best. I think over the last few years, it's what has carried me through battered Vol syndrome. Sort of like a support group for the soul crushed, lol.
Seriously though, it seems like Tony really does care about the community from trying to organize watch parties for fans (pre pandemic), on air fund raising for various charities like Fish Food Pantry, kids with incarcerated parents and others.

Basilio's post game shows are absolutely the best. I think over the last few years, it's what has carried me through battered Vol syndrome. Sort of like a support group for the soul crushed, lol.
Seriously though, it seems like Tony really does care about the community from trying to organize watch parties for fans (pre pandemic), on air fund raising for various charities like Fish Food Pantry, kids with incarcerated parents and others.
It’s why his show and radio family is more than Tennessee football

And the flipside of that is are you telling me that you know for sure that Lane Kiffin does not want the job?
Well.....
“He does”...why do you say that? Bc you just want it so bad to be true?

1) A very well respected Ole Miss beat reporter did his due diligence after our job opened just be he felt he had to. Reported back that it was just “Lane being Lane”. He likes his name out there. When you hire Lane, you get everything that comes with it.

2) what can Kiffin do here currently that he can’t accomplish at Ole Miss? Given our toxic waste dump of a program and what he suffered through at USC, why would he want our job? He’s got a first round QB and he’s a couple of impact transfers on D from fighting for second in the West. He signed a T15 class as a brand new staff in a pandemic with no visits

3) Ole Miss gave him a chance to get back to the SEC. He’s going to tarnish the reputation he worked very hard to rebuild by leaving them after one season? Now, you want to tell me he’d leave after two years...sure, I’d buy that. (Which of course is why I though they should have ridden with Pruitt into 2021/go with an interim). Before our hire I said “if you want to tell me Lane Kiffin is at Ole Miss in 23.5 months I would say hell no. In 11.5 months, I’d say heck no. In .5 a month? Have a hard time believing that one”

Well.....
“He does”...why do you say that? Bc you just want it so bad to be true?

1) A very well respected Ole Miss beat reporter did his due diligence after our job opened just be he felt he had to. Reported back that it was just “Lane being Lane”. He likes his name out there. When you hire Lane, you get everything that comes with it.

2) what can Kiffin do here currently that he can’t accomplish at Ole Miss? Given our toxic waste dump of a program and what he suffered through at USC, why would he want our job? He’s got a first round QB and he’s a couple of impact transfers on D from fighting for second in the West. He signed a T15 class as a brand new staff in a pandemic with no visits

3) Ole Miss gave him a chance to get back to the SEC. He’s going to tarnish the reputation he worked very hard to rebuild by leaving them after one season? Now, you want to tell me he’d leave after two years...sure, I’d buy that. (Which of course is why I though they should have ridden with Pruitt into 2021/go with an interim). Before our hire I said “if you want to tell me Lane Kiffin is at Ole Miss in 23.5 months I would say hell no. In 11.5 months, I’d say heck no. In .5 a month? Have a hard time believing that one”
And I want it to be true too ....it’s who I wanted them to hire in 2017

Yup. Of course this guy basically admitted he’s listening.

Yes if you read my ENTIRE POST you'll see that i was tired of not hearing ANYTHING from the main stream radio about the search and I TRIED listening to him to get any news and got tired quickly of his B.S......... dont worry, I'll not be making THAT mistake again any damn time soon.

Thanks for playing, make sure to pick up your ignore on the way out

VN Store

Back