Basilio brought me back

Huntsville Vol

I first discovered Basilio during the Schiano fiasco. Glad I did. He keeps it real and never bashes the fans. He gives coaches a chance but admits when they should go, unlike state run media. Wondering what everyone else thought of him? I have not listened to any other outlets, and I give him props for being independent and successful in a studio in his basement. I think that's awesome. State run would tell you that Pruitt should have been given more time, and they basically ignored a knowledgeable fan base. Screw them for that. He admits his mistakes like his initial takes on Barnes. I guarantee he has more listeners and better advertising dollars than any other show and his post game shows draw thousands on Twitter's periscope. I agree with him that we need a little luck and should give the next coaching staff a chance. Until we shouldn't. I never would have known about how the Haslams and others have been largely responsible for the mess we are now in. I had no idea, and I've been a fan since I was ten. I'm 49 now. One more thing. I know where we are, but I believe we are too much of a tradition to not come back to power. I see a lot of people saying we are done, and that is disappointing.

I like listening to the guys Tony brings on his show more so than himself, like Beano and some of the people that call In to his shows.

He is very....very hit or miss with his info but I do believe him to be a very genuine dude. Much better to listen to than some of the other radio people in Knoxville, such Jimmy Gumbo Hyams.

Bottom line, he's the best in Knoxville hands down! I wish Beano could be a permanent co-host on his show though, along with Sean Sinclair on Wednesdays. Those guys are fantastic complements to Tony. While I enjoy Tony no matter the day of the week, Monday's, Wednesdays, and Fridays are the best when has Beano and Dr. Sinclair. His "5th Quarter Fan Reaction" and "Basketball Overtime" call in shows after the games are more entertaining than the games themselves! I also wish he could have Maggie on more. She has been a great addition as well and is hilarious!

Also, I love how he's made Mark in Columbus (Ohio) his sort of arch nemesis! Hearing him get Tony all wound up is radio gold! I also wish he would unban Cattleman. Cattleman is my absolute favorite local caller, on any of the talk shows! I love how he calls Tony "Bozolio." LMAO!

Last edited:
I like his independence but my concern with TB--and it's a bit of the nature of the beast--is that he wants to be the first to break the news and so he will sometimes run with a rumor that turns out to be just that, a rumor. But many do that these days, I suppose.

Bottom line, he's the best in Knoxville hands down! I wish Beano could be a permanent co-host on his show though, along with Sean Sinclair on Wednesdays. Those guys are fantastic complements to Tony. While I enjoy Tony no matter the day of the week, Monday's, Wednesdays, and Fridays are the best when has Beano and Dr. Sinclair.
Sinclair is awesome. Very knowledgeable and unafraid.

Since we are on the subject, I'm in Augusta, Ga. The only folks I know to get some home cooking UT is WNML through the web. I'm really not a fan of them in the least bit. Who else should I try for local to Knoxville sports radio? Thanks in advance.

I enjoy listening to his show when I get a chance and after ballgames for his post game show. Seems like a good guy that loves Tennessee and helping people. Even if his predictions are wrong sometimes, I think he Genuinely believes what he puts out there, and it’s not because someone told him to say it.

Since we are on the subject, I'm in Augusta, Ga. The only folks I know to get some home cooking UT is WNML through the web. I'm really not a fan of them in the least bit. Who else should I try for local to Knoxville sports radio? Thanks in advance.
Tony Basilio show. I listen on his Twitter via the periscope feed. You just click on it. Hes awesome. Only show that does hours of postgame after every game.

Jason Swain from 7:00-10:am is really good. You can listen live on YouTube or download the Swain Event app.

Tony has an app as well. The Basilio Show app I believe is what it's called. His show is from 11:00am - 2:00pm everyday. You can also watch/listen on Periscope. Just search his name and it will come up.

A couple of other suggestions, the "Talkin Vawls" YouTube channel is pretty good. I like their videos plus they do a live chat once a week. Also, there's a YouTube channel called "Volunteer Road Show" with former Vol Billy Ratliff and Bobby McGraw that's pretty good.

"I have not listened to any other outlets...State run would tell you that Pruitt should have been given more time, and they basically ignored a knowledgeable fan base."

Makes sense.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
What , you don't enjoy listening to Heathers nasal tone and " when I played volleyball" hahaha

I used to like Ainge but I gotta be honest, I was really turned off with the way he carried water for Butch Jones far past when it was obvious to everyone but him seemingly that Butch wasn't the answer. I just never understood that from Ainge. Seemed like he let his relationship with Butch affect his perspective on that situation. I kind of got away from listening to him after that because if you can't keep it real I don't want to waste my time listening to you.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I first discovered Basilio during the Schiano fiasco. Glad I did. He keeps it real and never bashes the fans. He gives coaches a chance but admits when they should go, unlike state run media. Wondering what everyone else thought of him? I have not listened to any other outlets, and I give him props for being independent and successful in a studio in his basement. I think that's awesome. State run would tell you that Pruitt should have been given more time, and they basically ignored a knowledgeable fan base. Screw them for that. He admits his mistakes like his initial takes on Barnes. I guarantee he has more listeners and better advertising dollars than any other show and his post game shows draw thousands on Twitter's periscope. I agree with him that we need a little luck and should give the next coaching staff a chance. Until we shouldn't. I never would have known about how the Haslams and others have been largely responsible for the mess we are now in. I had no idea, and I've been a fan since I was ten. I'm 49 now. One more thing. I know where we are, but I believe we are too much of a tradition to not come back to power. I see a lot of people saying we are done, and that is disappointing.

As long as the SEC Network money is flowing in, regardless of the product on the field, then there's little incentive for the administration to care about having a winning football program; the last ~14 years of AD/coaching hires is proof enough of that.

VN Store

Back