Baseball Park And Fundraising Segments On Yesterday's Sports Source Edition On You tube

Left Field Expansion and Left Field Porch

View attachment 368865View attachment 368864

Not bad. I don't think with the location of the stadium LNS could ever be as grandiose as LSU, Arky, or MSU, but these proposals look solid. It would definitely bring us in line with the middle of the pack of the SEC.

Any info on the likelihood of these proposals....being more than just proposals? Do we actually see movement this off-season?

Not bad. I don't think with the location of the stadium LNS could ever be as grandiose as LSU, Arky, or MSU, but these proposals look solid. It would definitely bring us in line with the middle of the pack of the SEC.

Any info on the likelihood of these proposals....being more than just proposals? Do we actually see movement this off-season?

Its sort of what CTV wants from my understanding, which isn't asking a whole lot IMO.....Also, talk of a centerfield entrance and reworking of the road behind the outfield.

I think Fulmer agreed to it in principle.

Its sort of what CTV wants from my understanding, which isn't asking a whole lot IMO.....Also, talk of a centerfield entrance and reworking of the road behind the outfield.

I think Fulmer agreed to it in principle.

If it's what TV wants, then it's what I want. He seems to have a good understanding of the atmosphere he is hoping to cultivate. And it leaves open the opportunity to play some big series at the new Smokies park downtown should we want to do so occasionally. I like it.

And, as you said, it doesn't seem like these renderings would be all that costly to implement. If this is what it takes to keep TV happy, then we need to get it done. It doesn't seem like he's asking for much.

If it's what TV wants, then it's what I want. He seems to have a good understanding of the atmosphere he is hoping to cultivate. And it leaves open the opportunity to play some big series at the new Smokies park downtown should we want to do so occasionally. I like it.

And, as you said, it doesn't seem like these renderings would be all that costly to implement. If this is what it takes to keep TV happy, then we need to get it done. It doesn't seem like he's asking for much.

about as costly as paying off a fired football coach......:cool:

It's the logical thing to do: maximize the existing stadium before building a new one. This would be expensive but a hell of a lot cheaper than a new ball park. Could be done between seasons, too, making the question of where to play during construction moot. And, then, the new minor league stadium might give us a leg up on getting post season hosting gigs. The regionals, etc. could be played there and acommodate really big crowds. I like your suggestion there. Looks like a plan.

Reactions: OldTimer and TN_gal
more pictures of leftfield expansion ??
It is what you see, seating down the left field line to mirror the right side however there would be suits above the seating. The porch would be converted to a double decker type open air suites

Reactions: txbo
I’ve heard players parents say they saw renderings of his vision during the recruiting process. The little they alluded to sounds like these are the pictures they were presented as well. I personally don’t think you could ask for anything more or better, a new stadium aside. If this comes to fruition I think it would be phenomenal looking .

Reactions: Element01
I think that’s fair. Obviously, the University needs to hold up it’s end of the bargain. It’s also going to take some donors and I believe some of them can now feel more comfortable and confident in the direction of the program than in recent past years.

I also believe Boyd is a pretty smart business guy that can look around at the college baseball landscape and television/streaming/advertising etc... and see a possible path to revenue generation that really have only existed for LSU, Arky, MSU, VU...

I have believed this for a long time, we need to invest in baseball.

The liberal position in which the university is has drove away several boosters/ donors. I have also heard them say the chancellor/regents did not stop the kneeling and they would never do anything ever again for Berkeley East.

Notice where these teams are located. Way down south. Good weather for most of season. Not like Tenn. Ky. Mo. Vandy where about half of the season cool to cold and wet is the norm. Not many players want to play and practice in this weather let alone fans wanting to sit out for an afternoon or night in these conditions.

Fayetteville had snow and a wind chill of about 10 degrees the week before opening weekend this year lol. Having an indoor practice facility helps though, before it was built there were seasons where Arkansas hardly got to practice before the season started.

Fayetteville had snow and a wind chill of about 10 degrees the week before opening weekend this year lol. Having an indoor practice facility helps though, before it was built there were seasons where Arkansas hardly got to practice before the season started.

Looking at winter temp maps, Pigville is about the same as Nashville, Knoxville, and Lexington.

Reactions: PeachCobler
I think that’s fair. Obviously, the University needs to hold up it’s end of the bargain. It’s also going to take some donors and I believe some of them can now feel more comfortable and confident in the direction of the program than in recent past years.

I also believe Boyd is a pretty smart business guy that can look around at the college baseball landscape and television/streaming/advertising etc... and see a possible path to revenue generation that really have only existed for LSU, Arky, MSU, VU...

I have believed this for a long time, we need to invest in baseball.

This is not a baseball program that deserves the kind of money that it would take to bring us up to the stadiums that some of the other SEC programs have EARNED!!...(Yet)

Attachments

• 0482DA5B-543C-44B2-BBFC-8EED8A6D6E8E.png
    0482DA5B-543C-44B2-BBFC-8EED8A6D6E8E.png
    604 KB · Views: 31
  • 201C1692-0A92-4EAD-9D43-47A185AA529B.png
    201C1692-0A92-4EAD-9D43-47A185AA529B.png
    461.2 KB · Views: 31
This is not a baseball program that deserves the kind of money that it would take to bring us up to the stadiums that some of the other SEC programs have EARNED!!...(Yet)

Oh really? And what exactly is it that the football program has done to “deserve” the amount of cash we have lit on fire for them in the past 15 years?

Oh really? And what exactly is it that the football program has done to “deserve” the amount of cash we have lit on fire for them in the past 15 years?

Not a damn thing...I liken it to public education. People think all you have to do is throw more money at it and it will all be good.
I believe baseball is on the right track, but I thought we were on the right track in the early 2000s also. We have to be more consistent before we spend millions on a baseball stadium.

Not a damn thing...I liken it to public education. People think all you have to do is throw more money at it and it will all be good.
I believe baseball is on the right track, but I thought we were on the right track in the early 2000s also. We have to be more consistent before we spend millions on a baseball stadium.

Tony Vitello has shown more than enough to earn the investment. He already has shown consistency. We’ve won 40 games in back to back complete seasons for the first time in decades. We’ve now got more division titles in his short tenure than football does in 15 years. He’s recruiting at an elite level. And he has us on the verge of our first National seed in program history.

The only way you can breed more consistency at this point is to commit to the program and upgrade our bottom of the league facilities to at least middle of the road so we can continue to recruit at an elite level. Now is the time to invest. Not in a few more years. Now.

Spoken like a true football guy. The football program has wasted enough damn money to be Stanford, meanwhile Evan F’n Russel is a walk on.

Go use all this manure at Neyland and call me when you have a top 5 team.

Tony Vitello has shown more than enough to earn the investment. He already has shown consistency. We’ve won 40 games in back to back complete seasons for the first time in decades. We’ve now got more division titles in his short tenure than football does in 15 years. He’s recruiting at an elite level. And he has us on the verge of our first National seed in program history.

The only way you can breed more consistency at this point is to commit to the program and upgrade our bottom of the league facilities to at least middle of the road so we can continue to recruit at an elite level. Now is the time to invest. Not in a few more years. Now.

I totally respect your opinion.
As a major donor to the UTAD, I just want a couple more years at the top of the SEC and a couple more times hosting regionals before I write a donor check for major expansion of LNS.
( I have not written one to the football program in 10 years either as a result of how bad we are.)

Spoken like a true football guy. The football program has wasted enough damn money to be Stanford, meanwhile Evan F’n Russel is a walk on.

Go use all this manure at Neyland and call me when you have a top 5 team.

Ignorant comment when it comes to me.

Ignorant comment when it comes to me.

You just happened to catch me on a bad day. That said, I have sat through one hell of a damn regular season of baseball and I am a little more than sick of people posting worst case scenarios and saying it’s just dumb luck and telling us baseball fans what we deserve.

These guys earned what they have and they did without a whole lot of financial support, compared to the big three.

Vitello has not asked for a new stadium, he wants to use the space we have more efficiently.

VN Store

Back