Barnes vs. Kentucky at Tennessee

NighthawkVol

What does last night’s win move Barnes’record (while an Tennessee) vs. Kentucky to? What about at Rupp?

Reactions: Stoked
Wait. Are you the real Greg Amsler? Or is he just your hero? I'll never forget him hurdling that defender. Which was really shocking, because he much preferred to simply run them over and keep going.

6 wins out of the last 9 games vs UK iirc, just let that sink in

Awesome. I was delighted that Pearl gave UK fits, but Barnes has been great versus our biggest BB rival.

Hats off to our BasketVols and coach Barnes for beating Big Blue on a consistent basis as of late! Now let's up our game against Auburn!

Coach Rick Barnes complete Kentucky vs Tennessee rivalry........
View attachment 264573
Which was your favorite?

I'd have to say the SEC Tourney game last year, followed by the beat down at home in 2019. My all time favorite was when Allen Houston played and we had a player miss a free throw on purpose with little to no time on clock, got rebound and scored and won. It was sometime in the early 90's.

I'd have to say the SEC Tourney game last year, followed by the beat down at home in 2019. My all time favorite was when Allen Houston played and we had a player miss a free throw on purpose with little to no time on clock, got rebound and scored and won. It was sometime in the early 90's.
Yes, that 1993 game was one of the best ever, but a few weeks later, one of the worst beatdowns 40-101 against UK still gives me nightmares.
27BE34BF-7EA9-4F34-8313-09779092289D.jpeg

Here is that 4 point play
[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

He actually got the rebound, scored, and was fouled. I believe he hit the ensuing free throw to win.

Reactions: MAD
Wonder how Matt Jones day is going. Also cant wait until we get back to East champs in football and see if he will move out of the country

He actually got the rebound, scored, and was fouled. I believe he hit the ensuing free throw to win.
I wish that youtube video showed the ensuing free throw..which is kind of THE most important play. To stop it there and be like "oh by the way...he made the high pressure game deciding free throw right after"...kind of robs us of the fun.

Reactions: MAD and cardvolfan
Yes, that 1993 game was one of the best ever, but a few weeks later, one of the worst beatdowns 40-101 against UK still gives me nightmares.
View attachment 264582
I remember this like it was yesterday. I was in 8th grade and my dad let me stay up late to watch it. I ran around our living room like we had won the NCAAT. One of my favorite childhood memories.

Reactions: gainesvol82 and MAD
Wait. Are you the real Greg Amsler? Or is he just your hero? I'll never forget him hurdling that defender. Which was really shocking, because he much preferred to simply run them over and keep going.
I wager it is .... How about it Greg ?

I remember this like it was yesterday. I was in 8th grade and my dad let me stay up late to watch it. I ran around our living room like we had won the NCAAT. One of my favorite childhood memories.
I recall the same memory ! I was 12 & a glutton for punishment even @ an early age would watch , or listen, to every game . If the game wasn’t on JP sports it was the latter . The best converted missed FT that I have ever seen! IIRC Houston missed and Groves converted!?? Feel free to correct if wrong .

VN Store

Back