Barnes is Calipari's nightmare

madbamahater

...and I love it! As a rebuttal to a stupid earlier post I read complaining about Pearl being Barnes' nightmare. I'd much rather be beating UK than Auburn (who we occasionally play) and probably never will in an SEC final again. People need to calm down.

Auburn was and is a very tough matchup for the Vols in the way the two teams are built.

Vols were gassed and pooped and played a ****** game. Calm down.

...and I love it! As a rebuttal to a stupid earlier post I read complaining about Pearl being Barnes' nightmare. I'd much rather be beating UK than Auburn (who we occasionally play) and probably never will in an SEC final again. People need to calm down.

Auburn was and is a very tough matchup for the Vols in the way the two teams are built.

How did auburn avoid being gassed and pooped?

You don't think Auburn is more athletic than UT?
Sure, whatever. They beat the hell out of us and made us look stupid, so it really doesn't matter what I think.
Got out fans so shook that we are scared to play cincy...lol But hey, at least we do that cool jumpy dunk thing pregame.

I absolutely love that Calipari can’t crack these Tennessee teams, and Barnes as his friend can keep reminding him. Losing to Auburn is annoying but losing to Kentucky is upsetting.

By avoiding a fierce game with their most bitter and intense rival the day before. It also helped that Auburn was willing and able to play a ten-man rotation during the game while we played a 7-8 man rotation. Auburn beats us by wearing us down and then turning us over.

By avoiding a fierce game with their most bitter and intense rival the day before. It also helped that Auburn was willing and able to play a ten-man rotation during the game while we played a 7-8 man rotation. Auburn beats us by wearing us down and then turning us over.
Bingo.Plus our depth doesnt score much.Auburns 6 thru 10 can and did produce.

Last edited:
Reactions: esarmstrong
Pearl is Barnes nightmare. He out coaches Barnes every time they play against each other. Pearl has kept Barnes from winning an SEC regular season championship and now a SEC tourney championship. Let's just hope we don't meet AU in the NCAA tourney because Rick hasn't figured out how to defend them yet.

Auburn didnt wear us down, they beat us within minutes of the game starting....but ok

They did play all afternoon games. Tennessee’s late game Friday then back Saturday afternoon may have hit them. I’m a big on getting rest and staying on routine. They played 3 games inside 40 hours.

Still give Auburn credit. They won and played great.

Reactions: tn4elvis
They did play all afternoon games. Tennessee’s late game Friday then back Saturday afternoon may have hit them. I’m a big on getting rest and staying on routine. They played 3 games inside 40 hours.

Still give Auburn credit. They won and played great.
We looked emotionally drained.

Reactions: wmcovol
You don't think Auburn is more athletic than UT?
Whatever it is, they're a bad matchup for us if they're hitting 3's, and they're in our head as much as we're in KY's head, winning 4 out of last 6 and from what I can tell, 6 out of last 9.

Agree. That was a physical war for 40 minutes with UK, and then there was the energy expended in that frantic last 2:57. Auburn played the extra game, but watching the Auburn-UF game yesterday, Mike White really slowed that game down to avoid getting into a running game with Auburn, so it wasn't a fast paced game and the gators are not physical inside.

Auburn completely out-played us. They were either still fresh in their 4th straight game, or either we were so lethargic we made them look fresh. We just didn't look like the same team that looked like a FF team against UK the day before. So the team, or at least some of them, was/were either disinterested or mentally and physically tired. I don't believe for a minute that any of them were disinterested.

Or maybe it is just the 40 year old curse that won't allow us to from win the SECT.

Reactions: esarmstrong
Pearl is Barnes nightmare. He out coaches Barnes every time they play against each other. Pearl has kept Barnes from winning an SEC regular season championship and now a SEC tourney championship. Let's just hope we don't meet AU in the NCAA tourney because Rick hasn't figured out how to defend them yet.

Barnes is 3-4 against Pearl while at Tennessee, but don’t let facts get in the way.

You think winning 42.8% of the time is successful then more power to you. Pearl has stolen 3 championships from Barnes. What else can you say?

You claimed Pearl has outcoached him every time they’ve played, that was 100% false.

Much like when we lost to Kentucky the first time you came on here pissed off and said we would lose 90% of games when we are out talented like against UK...reality is Barnes is 6-4 with Tennessee against UK.

You’re an overly emotional poster, and I get it, you dropped a lot of time and money yesterday to see Tennessee lay an egg...but you still have to call a spade a spade.

A) They didn’t play Kentucky less than 24 hours earlier in a draining war of a game.

B) Due to the tip times Tennessee had, UT played 3 games in 40 hours. That’s less than 2 days. Yes, Auburn played 4 games in 4 days, but their games weren’t so close together. Getting a 3 seed kinda hurt Tennessee.

Correct me if wrong but, TN had to play again on less than 12 hours rest!
AU had closer to 20 hours!
Just saying! Don't Taze me Bros!!

You claimed Pearl has outcoached him every time they’ve played, that was 100% false.

Much like when we lost to Kentucky the first time you came on here pissed off and said we would lose 90% of games when we are out talented like against UK...reality is Barnes is 6-4 with Tennessee against UK.

You’re an overly emotional poster, and I get it, you dropped a lot of time and money yesterday to see Tennessee lay an egg...but you still have to call a spade a spade.
I love Coach Barnes but some coaches struggle vs. other coaches ( Calipari vs. CRB , CRB vs. Pearl). Pearl even beat Barnes when Durant was at Texas. I just think Pearl is a master motivator that gets the most out of his players when there is something on the line. As far as developing players, Barnes wins hands down. I'm just a little baffled that CRB hasn't figured out how to stop great 3 point shooting teams. That's 3 losses in a row to Pearl. A little emotional, you bet I am and also very passionate towards UT BB. Been watching for over 45 years and still waiting on our first Final 4.

I love Coach Barnes but some coaches struggle vs. other coaches ( Calipari vs. CRB , CRB vs. Pearl). Pearl even beat Barnes when Durant was at Texas. I just think Pearl is a master motivator that gets the most out of his players when there is something on the line. As far as developing players, Barnes wins hands down. I'm just a little baffled that CRB hasn't figured out how to stop great 3 point shooting teams. That's 3 losses in a row to Pearl. A little emotional, you bet I am and also very passionate towards UT BB. Been watching for over 45 years and still waiting on our first Final 4.

Me too. Keep watching. The stars are aligning.

As I said a lot of that is understandable, Ben pissed off, but I just don’t agree with embellishing or making things up when upset.

VN Store

Back