Barnes benching of Uros

Before Barnes benched Uros while he was starting and playing a key roll the team was 17-2 and since being demoted the team was 6-8. The team feeds off his energy, right or wrong the team just had a tough edge to them the first half of the season and now they are soft.

I think he was just trying to keep Aidoo from early foul trouble but honestly he should try anything to help the team get their Mojo back

Aidoo has the potential to be pretty good, I think, but he's soft. Awaka and Uros have some size and are not soft, but they're limited. The
three-pronged approach certainly flopped in this contest--they collectively did virtually nothing.

Before Barnes benched Uros while he was starting and playing a key roll the team was 17-2 and since being demoted the team was 6-8. The team feeds off his energy, right or wrong the team just had a tough edge to them the first half of the season and now they are soft.

Had more to do with the time, place & opponents played.

Aidoo has the potential to be pretty good, I think, but he's soft. Awaka and Uros have some size and are not soft, but they're limited. The
three-pronged approach certainly flopped in this contest--they collectively did virtually nothing.

Aidoo and Awaka have more long term potential than Plavsic.

Awaka is a rebounding machine who has improved his post moves over the season and Aidoo has a good mid range game and is a shot blocker.

You right about Aidoo, he is soft! Awaka will be really good

Reactions: jsm
Awaka is a natural rebounder and with time will develop his game but he simply struggles against an experienced big. He’s got a massively long way to go but I personally think he’ll be really effective someday.

I have to admit, that’s an intriguing point. The team has zero swagger, especially now that ZZ is out of action.

I have to agree. Uros for some reason has a little better chemistry with Vescovi, JJJ, ZZ and OK. I really can’t explain it but it just looked better. Can’t argue with 17-2 either.

He’s going to play him no matter. So IMO I play him to start the game. Any non shooting fouls he won’t go to the FT line for a likely miss. You can gauge how they’re calling it down low with UPs aggressive play. Then let the Bigs (Aidoo/Awaka/ON)know the way it’s being called, to try to keep everyone under 2 fouls 1st half.if you’re going to play him I think first 4-5 minutes of game & 4-5 minutes of 2nd half start.

Reactions: Samthebam
Hereinlies the problem as evidenced in this thread. The fans have no idea what a decent big looks like and the continued delusion create false expectations from the players and team.

There is no denying that Uros played very well early in the season. I agree with OP. My perspective is that Barnes will not allow Uros' trash talk and antics, but that's what Uros feeds off of and isn't the same player without it.

We had that record despite Uros playing. He has become more interested in play as an enforcer than a basketball player. He can not stop anyone down low on defense, he dos not hit free throws, he has problems hitting dunks. He fouls rather than blocks shots and his antics inspires the team we are playing. The real problem is our bigs are not players who can lead our team to wins. Maybe, it will improve next year with off season work and a couple of Freshmen coming in.

We had that record despite Uros playing. He has become more interested in play as an enforcer than a basketball player. He can not stop anyone down low on defense, he dos not hit free throws, he has problems hitting dunks. He fouls rather than blocks shots and his antics inspires the team we are playing. The real problem is our bigs are not players who can lead our team to wins. Maybe, it will improve next year with off season work and a couple of Freshmen coming in.

Succinct

I do think Tobe’s emergence has hurt Uros’ minutes. While I think Jonas is solid, I do think Uros does have a fire in him that spreads to the team. He is so slow laterally but there is some sense of lethargic with this team.

Personally think that Uros, at his size, doesn’t play big man ball. Every time he touches it he makes himself the smallest guy on the court by bringing it down to his knees and he can’t attack the rim. He has had to resort to being a thug, which to me, doesn’t do anything with the exception of inciting the opponent and their fan base. It doesn’t energize our team, to me it becomes a distraction and causes everyone to lose focus. That’s just my two cents.

I like Aidoo, but he needs to bulk up 20 lbs so he can actually get position under the rim, plus he has a good mid-range shot and the wing span to become a force at blocking shots.

Awaka has the highest upside to me, size, strong hands, rebounds with tenacity and high points each rebound, gets good inside position. Shooting and basketball IQ are the things he will need to work on.

Need additional fresh bodies in the 5 spot for sure for depth.

Reactions: Sportslady

VN Store

Back