Barnes: “this group is getting it”

I think Fulkerson and Anosike move on and Johnson and Springer are probably drafted.

Bailey and Vescovi and James can be solid three point threats next season with Mashack and Chandler.

BJ Edwards is a must get for the future and I would like to see Barnes and his staff find a couple of deadeye shooters and prioritize guarding the three point line on defense.
I keep reading that Barnes thinks he can do something with Anosike. Hell, I'm in my 60's and I can probably out jump that guy. He's another one that needs a new home. When I think of "solid", I don't think of Bailey. He's got, what....2-3 good games the entire year? Seriously, for a team with so little in the way of shooters, I have a hard time swallowing Bailey as a consistent outside threat based on what he gave us this year. Both he and Vescovi are both maddeningly inconsistent and defensive liabilities.

Barnes needs to clear the bench. When I look at our roster, I see 4 or 5 guys that I'd like to see come back. Keon, Springer, JJJ, Fulky and maybe Walker. Everyone else can move along. Won't miss any of them. Sadly, I think we've seen the last of Keon and Springer. Walker is also likely out the door. He'll light it up somewhere else upon transferring from UT. You can just see that one coming. As for Fulky, who knows where his head and heart will be after such a devastating season. If I were him, I'd need to do a lot of thinking and soul searching before coming back to UT for another year.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back