Bang Shootie conversation

My AR that shoots 762 doesn’t have an issue with Steele but both the mini 14 and the 556 AR hate it. Oddly the mini 30 does fine on Steele as long as it’s the lacquered sealed stuff.
It's 556 and I was told if it can't handle Steele then it don't deserve brass but it didn't handle Steele on the brake in or I didn't have it oiled good enough but it was Russian 223 Steele and I haven't tried it since I fixed it. The 556 brass from Israel I found shoots good in it now after I oiled the bolt carrier down. And the Steele is lacquered sealed on mine alot of people don't like it for 556 but 762 lives off it but I read that as long as you clean it that the 556 would be fine but mine didn't like it or was to dry not sure.

It's 556 and I was told if it can't handle Steele then it don't deserve brass but it didn't handle Steele on the brake in or I didn't have it oiled good enough but it was Russian 223 Steele and I haven't tried it since I fixed it. The 556 brass from Israel I found shoots good in it now after I oiled the bolt carrier down. And the Steele is lacquered sealed on mine alot of people don't like it for 556 but 762 lives off it but I read that as long as you clean it that the 556 would be fine but mine didn't like it or was to dry not sure.
I’ve not had any luck with 556/223 but all the 762 guns shoot it just fine.
It’s odd.

There is one in Dayton my brother was going to take me to.. The one up Suck creek that you can 4 wheel hunt and they have a range that was nice it's all membership now to shoot but it didn't have 500 yards. I would love to see what I could do at that distance. There is another on hunter Rd but it's members only not to many anymore and the few are going to membership.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Those are very cool.
I have an Enfield that could wear one of those

I think the bayonet with the hooked quillion is either a Japanese Arisaka or an Enfield. I think Enfield used the arisaka as a template for some of theirs. Not sure what the top one is or the shorter one in the first pic.

I think the bayonet with the hooked quillion is either a Japanese Arisaka or an Enfield. I think Enfield used the arisaka as a template for some of theirs. Not sure what the top one is or the shorter one in the first pic.
There’s a good chance that short one fits a model 11 12 gauge.

Reactions: clarksvol00

VN Store

Back