BAMMER DOWN

Stop it please. We did not cover the spread against Bama, Georgia, or Florida last season. Heupel has turned zero corners until he at least covers the spread against these three. I know it's too much to ask some here at VN he actually defeat one of them before we erect his statue but I caution we do that and make it a benchmark, low that it is.

Heupel didn’t play either game to “cover the spread”. He could have covered vs Bama if he’d slowed the game down & punted on every 4th down.

W
Heupel didn’t play either game to “cover the spread”. He could have covered vs Bama if he’d slowed the game down & punted on every 4th down.

What part of DID NOT COVER THE SPREAD is it you do not understand? Coulda woulda shoulda, sounds like a freakin' junior high kid that just lost a ball game. Man up for cryin' out loud.

You must find joy in whatever situation you are dealt, and the joy in this one as you quite correctly have identified, is laughing at frustrated Bammers.

It's gotten flat out ugly this week on radio and tv. alabama fans sounding like every other fan base minus the experience of losing before. I've seen and heard everything from name calling, to tears, to anger. They are turning on their own. My aunt had surgery and I got in touch with the bama fam to find out the status. They basically told me they are UAB fans now lmao.

It's gotten flat out ugly this week on radio and tv. alabama fans sounding like every other fan base minus the experience of losing before. I've seen and heard everything from name calling, to tears, to anger. They are turning on their own. My aunt had surgery and I got in touch with the bama fam to find out the status. They basically told me they are UAB fans now lmao.

giphy.gif

W

What part of DID NOT COVER THE SPREAD is it you do not understand? Coulda woulda shoulda, sounds like a freakin' junior high kid that just lost a ball game. Man up for cryin' out loud.

Oh I understand “covering the spread”. You obviously must not understand a coach taking risks to try to stay in the game.

Bama also was pretty depleted. But UGA might want to watch those hedges, we know what happened when Auburn beat them a few years ago.
UGA had a walk on QB, don't give the Bammers the aid and comfort of excuses. I take solace in knowing that outcome surely disappointed Pruitt.

This makes 3 different SEC teams to win the natty in 3 years. I think you can go back 50 years and you likely won’t find any other conference that has 3 Different NC winners period...much less 3 in a row. Ga had an exceptional year and they earned their natty. But I still would not be too smug if I were a fan of Ga because they defeated a very depleted Bama team. You can stick a very tiny asterisk next to that win.

You do know that our receiver corps was so decimated by injuries through mid-season, we had to play freshmen, right? And the three TDs by UGA were scored by freshmen (Bowers, Mitchell and Ringo). Also, our top receiver for the entire season was a little know freshman by the name Ladd McConkey who, incidentally, tried out for UT but Cornbread didn't offer him, even as a walk on. There's no asterisk on this NC.

I think this is probably a true statement 4, or 5 years ago, but he has pulled together a pretty good staff, and is recruiting lights out at the moment...Also understand about Bama's injuries, but UGA won the title with a former walk on as QB...He should have no problems getting a top QB going forward...
He has never had a problem getting top QB's he just likes to play the less talented QB's

You do know that our receiver corps was so decimated by injuries through mid-season, we had to play freshmen, right? And the three TDs by UGA were scored by freshmen (Bowers, Mitchell and Ringo). Also, our top receiver for the entire season was a little know freshman by the name Ladd McConkey who, incidentally, tried out for UT but Cornbread didn't offer him, even as a walk on. There's no asterisk on this NC.

Seriously, you do realize that coming on here and saying there is no asterisk confirms it bothers you? What do you expect your rivals to say to you? Lol.

He has a 5 star (JT Daniels) riding the pine. Bennett was a big reason they lost the 2 previous Bama games but Kirby stuck by him.
J.T. Daniels is made of glass though to be honest, always hurt, some guys are just like that. Glad he didn't come here.

Idk much about your back ups. I’m sure you guys will be solid unfortunately. Honestly I don’t know who in the East is really good enough to give Georgia a run for their money next year. Guess it would be Tennessee, maybe Florida (who knows), hell Kentucky maybe surprisingly good next year.
We have 5 5 stars coming in on D. Who knows how they will play. We have 7 5stars existing on D.. Only 3 of them were starters this year. The D won't be as good. Our two toughest games will be UT and UK.

We have 5 5 stars coming in on D. Who knows how they will play. We have 7 5stars existing on D.. Only 3 of them were starters this year. The D won't be as good. Our two toughest games will be UT and UK.
Yeah I think outside of Georgia, Kentucky maybe the biggest threat to win the East next year. Still don’t think we’ll be defensively good enough to take the next step.

Got any incoming freshmen who can be difference makers in 2022?
Both the freshman running backs look good, west and Pearce on the Dline also will be ones to watch but it’s hard to come from high school and contribute right away there. Really need some to step up as freshmen on defense. Hard to say though, no one jumps off the page at me yet but I don’t follow recruiting as much as I used to. I do think any of the freshman wrs could also help just bc if how good Heupel’s system is.

God, I hate Alabama.

It is a certified fact that Mississippi is the dumbest state in the US. Whether counted by % of the population who go on to college, or standardized high school test results, or any of a number of other metrics.

Most folks know that. Most folks know that Mississippi loses in practically every way a state can lose. Most obese, worst employment and economic opportunity, worst health, and on and on.

But what is hidden in the state-by-state calculations is that Alabama would be EVEN WORSE THAN MISSISSIPPI if it weren't for a narrow band of smart folks up at the northern end of the state who really pad the averages.

See, that strip of land north of the Tennessee River which includes Huntsville and Florence, it is a pocket of really smart, well-to-do folks. Rocket scientists and brain surgeons. Those types. You can thank the US Army for putting Redstone Arsenal there, then after World War II filling it up with rocket and missile designers.

The important thing is, this is the bit of Alabama that probably should've been in Tennessee. It would've been, if the map makers had followed major terrain features (like the Tennessee River) rather than blindly plotting east-west grid lines without regard to how the ground flowed.

Anyway, you take away that bit of Alabama north of the Tennessee River, and all the stuff that's left is a civilizational disaster area, a societal train wreck. Every unseemly record held by Mississippi, plus the teen birth record held by Arkansas, would all be Alabama's domain.

That's how bad they suck.

I hate Alabama.

1642369765624.png

Last edited:
God, I hate Alabama.

It is a certified fact that Mississippi is the dumbest state in the US. Whether counted by % of the population who go on to college, or standardized high school test results, or any of a number of other metrics.

Most folks know that. Most folks know that Mississippi loses in practically every way a state can lose. Most obese, worst employment and economic opportunity, worst health, and on and on.

But what is hidden in the state-by-state calculations is that Alabama would be EVEN WORSE THAN MISSISSIPPI if it weren't for a narrow band of smart folks up at the northern end of the state who really pad the averages.

See, that strip of land north of the Tennessee River which includes Huntsville and Florence, it is a pocket of really smart, well-to-do folks. Rocket scientists and brain surgeons. Those types. You can thank the US Army for putting Redstone Arsenal there, then after World War II filling it up with rocket and missile designers.

The important thing is, this is the bit of Alabama that probably should've been in Tennessee. It would've been, if the map makers had followed major terrain features (like the Tennessee River) rather than blindly plotting east-west grid lines without regard to how the ground flowed.

Anyway, you take away that bit of Alabama north of the Tennessee River, and all the stuff that's left is a civilizational disaster area, a societal train wreck. Every unseemly record held by Mississippi, plus the teen birth record held by Arkansas, would all be Alabama's domain.

That's how bad they suck.

I hate Alabama.

View attachment 428723
I like any and all who hate Alabama.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back