BAMMER DOWN

No, Georgia has been to Atlanta three out of the last four SEC championships games. UGA was only recently there if you are the kind of person to use "kinda" has a a word.
Florida hasn't won it all since Tebow was in college and Georgia has been building up year after year in recruiting and on the field progress. You said "just a few good seasons" yet, when in the hell is making Championship games "just a few good seasons?" To me, the 3 SEC championships games, two CFB appearances, and wins at the Sugar, Peach, and Rose bowl are more than "good seasons".

I figure, for what it's worth, we'll have a "Kirby Smart has reached his ceiling" thread about every 6 weeks for the next 15 or 20 years.

Well well well, we scored 1 less point than Mighty Bammer against UGA defense....Good times are a comin'
Not a Bama apologist - don’t like them but their entire offense was built around two exceptional wide receivers and a great quarterback. Their defense is successful largely based on great corners playing man to man.
They were down both great receivers and both corners. Georgia’s db’s were interfering and knocking Alabama’s back up receivers off their routes every passing play.

Alabama lost when their number 2 receiver went down with a torn acl imho.
Remember when we were missing Taylor at db how well things went for us.

When Bama’s top 3 receivers are a Heavy tight end, a slow Caucasian, and a frosh that doesn’t know how to turn his hands to catch a football - they are in big trouble.

They will be back. Look for Bama and Georgia to be playing again next year for the championship.

Reactions: greenbacknative
Well well well, we scored 1 less point than Mighty Bammer against UGA defense....Good times are a comin'

Offense is our strength right now, if we have one. Defense is our biggest problem and will be as long as we miss on positions of need in recruiting. We need to utilize the transfer portal in a big way.

Oh I think threw up in my mouth that is so disgusting.
We need a "dislike" or "hell no" button this morning. I have friends who support UGA and Bama and happy for them when they win. Tennessee is in about as good a position as we have been in for years to win the SEC and NCAA Championships within 5 years. If you watched the game last night you had to note the defenses were just awesome. When we get a defense that is that awesome, we will become a threat to Bama and UGA. Don't forget both of these teams lost a game this year.

A bad coach Butch Jones beat them.. Georgia lost to an unranked SC team at home a couple of years ago, and just last year was handled by a FL not fielding nearly as much talent 44-21. This is kind of what mirrors Fulmer -the occasional inexplicable loss to someone they shouldn’t lose to.

Those examples for Alabama are few and far between -and when they do lose, it’s usually a really close game.
We aren’t that far off. Obviously we need a defense and more physical offensive line but we put up respectable fights against both teams. We got to keep the faith and keep our Football program financially strong to endure these hard times

Not disappointed AL lost but disappointed it was to GA. I don't care about keeping the NC in the SEC stuff when it comes to GA and FL winning it.

Final word....officiating still sucked. A few good calls and a lot of total blown calls, no calls, or need glasses calls. The halftime video was nasty and I would have preferred to watch the bands play. So, flush and dump 2021 football and on to basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, and other UT sports for awhile.

We lose too much on D to be a contender in 2022.
Idk much about your back ups. I’m sure you guys will be solid unfortunately. Honestly I don’t know who in the East is really good enough to give Georgia a run for their money next year. Guess it would be Tennessee, maybe Florida (who knows), hell Kentucky maybe surprisingly good next year.

I realize they had another great recruiting class but so have their last 3 or 10 and there seems to be a lack of outstanding depth. No backups like Harris, Jacobs at RB, nothing appearing to be special at WR (they sensed that last summer when they took Williams) & defensive backfield isn’t near what it’s been in years past.

All that said, you’ve gotta be able to block them and win the critical downs. Ga did in 2nd half.
The dogs DO make good adjustments...

Reactions: vols33

Actually bama was gifted their lone TD after that BS call on the forward pass called a fumble. Want to bet that Alabama gets that call EVERY TIME with Bryce Young at QB? So to be fair.............we scored 17 on UGA and bama scored 12. GBO!

Reactions: greenbacknative
No, Georgia has been to Atlanta three out of the last four SEC championships games. UGA was only recently there if you are the kind of person to use "kinda" has a a word.
Florida hasn't won it all since Tebow was in college and Georgia has been building up year after year in recruiting and on the field progress. You said "just a few good seasons" yet, when in the hell is making Championship games "just a few good seasons?" To me, the 3 SEC championships games, two CFB appearances, and wins at the Sugar, Peach, and Rose bowl are more than "good seasons".
And they won 1 of those. A lot different than a NC. And yes kinda has been a slang word for at least 10 years grandpa.

Actually bama was gifted their lone TD after that BS call on the forward pass called a fumble. Want to bet that Alabama gets that call EVERY TIME with Bryce Young at QB? So to be fair.............we scored 17 on UGA and bama scored 12. GBO!
To be fair they scored 42 when they had mostly everyone. We averaged 18 against FL, GA, and bama. I wouldn't say our offense is good when it runs up on defenses with a pulse

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time. 5 stars can make anybody seem like amazing coach's.

Saben seemed very low energy. I think he would have called timeouts at the end of first half, but it was obvious that he had to go whiz. Nicky was doing the little pee-pee dance over there.

When you reach the age, we all have a thimble size bladder.

Father Time is one mean individual.

To be fair they scored 42 when they had mostly everyone. We averaged 18 against FL, GA, and bama. I wouldn't say our offense is good when it runs up on defenses with a pulse
I get what you're saying but I don't think that really reflects all that poorly on us.

You could just as easily say that against Georgia, we scored more (17) than anyone not named Alabama, and that includes Michigan (11), Clemson (3), Arkansas (0), etc.

Alabama was not a special team this year, defensively, but pretty good. They were like 20th in scoring defense. We scored 24, which was a little more than their average (20.2/game allowed), more than say Ole Miss or Auburn scored on them, same as Georgia did in the SEC championship.

Florida, well we crapped the bed against Florida but that's certainly not something you can say is particular to this year.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
We can"t pull for UGA- we recruit GA heavily, We compete with them everywhere. When they win, we lose. And besides, their fans are nearly as obnoxious as gator fans. I should know, I was born in GA and not too fond of family reunions lately! I am a UT Graduate, and proud of it!!

The torch has been passed to Georgia...They will become even more of a powerhouse with the talent in the state of Georgia...Saban won't take this very well...LOL
If I’m not mistaken I think Saban predicted Georgia to be the next powerhouse years ago. Looks like he was right.

I don't understand how anyone thinks this is good for us
You think bama fans have been bad...we ain’t seen nothing yet! Georgia fans were terrible during a 40 year drought, where they won nothing of relevance. They will definitely be intolerable now!
GBO!!

Reactions: Vol865

VN Store

Back