BAMMER DOWN

For who? Georgia?
For us. I'm a silver lining kind of guy. We were a patchwork quilt of a team this year and we were in it with Bammer till the 4th quarter. Their last 5 games, they have not looked like Defending National Champs. Hopefully it's a begining of a slide Tuscalooser. Maybe it's just a small crack in their armor. But it doesn't hurt to hope for the future. GBO !

Reactions: wmcovol
We went 13-0 for the championship in 98 then went 9-3 the next year. Have faith that any team can be beaten on any given day if the ball bounces right. ;)
That said, we need some defense playmakers to make it a little more obtainable.

The sky is not falling… TN fans thought after our NC in 1998 we’d own the east and other fanbases alike. College football takes many turns and twists from year to year. One major injury, or locker room issues can cause a season to turn.

The only coach I’ve seen in the game manage distractions and changes from year to year without missing a beat is Saban.

Now, if Kirby plays for and wins the NC again next year I’ll believe he’s the real deal. Right now he mirrors Fulmer more than Saban though in my opinion.
Man I hope you’re right. TN is a good defense away from taking big strides.

For us. I'm a silver lining kind of guy. We were a patchwork quilt of a team this year and we were in it with Bammer till the 4th quarter. Their last 5 games, they have not looked like Defending National Champs. Hopefully it's a begining of a slide Tuscalooser. Maybe it's just a small crack in their armor. But it doesn't hurt to hope for the future. GBO !

This is wishful thinking. They return damn near everyone including a lot of starters that were out injured. This was probably Sabans best coaching job. He was actually smiling pre game like he knew he was playing with house money. They will be a juggernaut next year and open with the best odds to win it all

Ok so substitute Bama for the equivalent now in our own division. Great!

Ok so substitute Bama for the equivalent now in our own division. Great!
Hopefully when OU and Texas come in there are more opportunities for losses in the west. UGA's gonna be tough, for sure. Last time we beat 'em, we weren't supposed to win either. Any given day....

Reactions: TN1111
Hopefully when OU and Texas come in there are more opportunities for losses in the west. UGA's gonna be tough, for sure. Last time we beat 'em, we weren't supposed to win either. Any given day....
A bad coach Butch Jones beat them.. Georgia lost to an unranked SC team at home a couple of years ago, and just last year was handled by a FL not fielding nearly as much talent 44-21. This is kind of what mirrors Fulmer -the occasional inexplicable loss to someone they shouldn’t lose to.

Those examples for Alabama are few and far between -and when they do lose, it’s usually a really close game.

Reactions: greenbacknative
A bad coach Butch Jones beat them.. Georgia lost to an unranked SC team at home a couple of years ago, and just last year was handled by a FL not fielding nearly as much talent 44-21. This is kind of what mirrors Fulmer -the occasional inexplicable loss to someone they shouldn’t lose to.

Those examples for Alabama are few and far between -and when they do lose, it’s usually a really close game.
Honestly you could say that is what got Fulmer fired. He lost 52 times in his 16 year career and the majority of them were defeats that just made you go what the heck are we doing.

Well, Bama players will go into the offseason with a passion. Guess what UGA does not play Bama next year they have Miss State as their west rotating opponent. Also, we get to play them every year because we are UT and we can handle the loss and still finish near the middle of the East. We get Bama & LSU from the west and I guarantee LSU will be better they actually have a good HC now and one of the best home-based recruiting areas in the Nation. Seems like every rotating opponent we get from the West is playing at the top of their game when it's our turn, LOL.

Beating them both would be that good drastic change.

It would take Hooker having the best numbers TD/INT ratio in the nation and him having rushing numbers near 100 yards a game. Our D will have to have big numbers from the O to hold up for a W. This would mean Hooker winning the Heisman with numbers around Burrows through the air and Manzel on the ground.
Middle pack teams just can't compete anymore unless you have a once in lifetime QB or if you structure a NIL to buy all the best players without the bluebloods crying foul and bringing up a rule they have been breaking while NCAA looks the other way.

UGA has recruited will lately but they lose a lot to the draft this year. They may have 9 defensive starters drafted this year. Their freshman TE is the only key skill player they have coming back on offense and they lose the left side of their OL. They have talent in the cupboard and they will get some plug and play guys from the portal but it’s going to take awhile for them to figure out if they have all the pieces to repeat. Downside for Vols is we play them at a point in the season where they should be gelling if they’re going to.

VN Store

Back