Bama Upset About Kick Off Times

You aren't listening. It's been reported, accurately, that LSU has already played Georgia Southern at home at night. They will play something called a Northwestern State at home at night this Saturday. They have a long history of getting night games in September, regardless of opponent. And when you do the math, so has a number of SEC schools since 2014.

Instead of repeating the argument, why not explain LSU's schedule?

I read and listened. Thanks. Why don’t you worry about changing your schedule instead of what LSU does.

The last 4-5 years, UT has basically played all of their G5 games in September in the afternoon. Games like OU (twice), VTech (Bristol), and BYU were the ones at night. Others against Utah State, Appy State, and Georgia Tech were not on a Saturday. You get to play inside every year in Atlanta.

I have no sympathy.

It affects attendance. I don't know that the SEC could or should anything different, but it sucks to go to these games, and Bama keeps getting stuck with them. I don't know the solution, but I don't have a problem with the administration raising the issue.
Don't schedule "The Sisters of the Poor" type teams and you won't end up a noon game.

Reactions: VolNExile
I read and listened. Thanks. Why don’t you worry about changing your schedule instead of what LSU does.

The last 4-5 years, UT has basically played all of their G5 games in September in the afternoon. Games like OU (twice), VTech (Bristol), and BYU were the ones at night. Others against Utah State, Appy State, and Georgia Tech were not on a Saturday. You get to play inside every year in Atlanta.

I have no sympathy.

Under the circumstances, Tenn getting on TV these days is probably all you should be asking for. Maybe we could schedule Lamar or NWSU, or SEMO. They have the evening spotlight this weekend.

Look, guys, we've already brought this stuff up with the commissioner. The flagship University in the SEC has spoken. Stay tuned.

Under the circumstances, Tenn getting on TV these days is probably all you should be asking for. Maybe we could schedule Lamar or NWSU, or SEMO. They have the evening spotlight this weekend.

Look, guys, we've already brought this stuff up with the commissioner. The flagship University in the SEC has spoken. Stay tuned.

Every SEC game is on tv. You guys are so arrogant.

Looks like Byrne chose his words carefully....

“played more non-conference day games at home in September than any other SEC team since 2014.”

Take away the fact that he arbitrarily just chose since 2014. He’s also saying “day” and “non-conference”. Lol.

An actual look at the total number of noon kickoffs in September has Bama tied for the least with only 4 games.

So yeah, Byrne and Saban can stop the whining already. Nobody wants to see you guys destroy NM. You can deal with your one noon game on average over the last 4 years.

Looks like Byrne chose his words carefully....

“played more non-conference day games at home in September than any other SEC team since 2014.”

Take away the fact that he arbitrarily just chose since 2014. He’s also saying “day” and “non-conference”. Lol.

An actual look at the total number of noon kickoffs in September has Bama tied for the least with only 4 games.

So yeah, Byrne and Saban can stop the whining already. Nobody wants to see you guys destroy NM. You can deal with your one noon game on average over the last 4 years.

If Byrne had been griping about noon kickoffs, this illustration might have been relevant.

Every SEC game is on tv. You guys are so arrogant.

One man's arrogance is another man's indignation. In this world, you have to fight for what you want. I believe in conspiracies, and folks being biased, and envy and jealousy, and all those human factors that make life so interesting.

If Byrne had been griping about noon kickoffs, this illustration might have been relevant.

I know, he was griping about “afternoon” kickoffs, against “non conference opponents” and since “2014”. Im laughing even as I type this.

Incredibly petty and entitled. I’ll say it again, nobody else is complaining but you guys.

Maybe Saban needs to do a few more Aflac commercials.. poor little things.. boo hoo hoo…

th

I know, he was griping about “afternoon” kickoffs, against “non conference opponents” and since “2014”.

Incredibly petty and entitled. Sack up and play when told. Nobody else is complaining but you guys.

Again, no one has played the number of daytime home games that we have. Bama has played 2 OOC September home games that were played primarily after sunset in the past 6 seasons: 2014 Southern Miss and 2017 Colorado St. And really, Byrne need not limit his case to OOC games, because Bama's only played 2 SEC September evening home games in that span: 2015 and 2017 Ole Miss.

I’ll give you this, it looks like there are some teams missing on the graphic, notably LSU.

Still doesn’t take away from the fact this is an absurd thing for Bama to gripe about.

Again, no one has played the number of daytime home games that we have. Bama has played 2 OOC September home games that were played primarily after sunset in the past 6 seasons: 2014 Southern Miss and 2017 Colorado St. And really, Byrne need not limit his case to OOC games, because Bama's only played 2 SEC September evening home games in that span: 2015 and 2017 Ole Miss.

Still think this is extremely dumb. Even still, why complain now, after almost 5 years? Why only go back to 2014?

The issue here is Bama got asked a question about it, Saban came off as a *ick, and they don’t like the attendance at their games. So they walk back Saban’s comments and expect the conference to fix it the attendance problem.

Again, entitled and petty.

I’ll give you this, it looks like there are some teams missing on the graphic, notably LSU.

Still doesn’t take away from the fact this is an absurd thing for Bama to gripe about.

Bama will worry about Bama's bottom line.

Maybe if the other 13 schools had been willing to go to 9 conferences games, daytime OOC games wouldn't be an issue.

Bama will worry about Bama's bottom line.

Maybe if the other 13 schools had been willing to go to 9 conferences games, daytime OOC games wouldn't be an issue.

It isn’t an issue. Bama is manufacturing this. Apparently it’s been bothering them only since 2014, and they have only now decided to speak up about the injustice being thrown on them, lol.

It isn’t an issue. Bama is manufacturing this. Apparently it’s been bothering them only since 2014, and they have only now decided to speak up about the injustice being thrown on them, lol.

6 years of the same trend is a good amount of time. It also happens to be when the SEC Network launched, which is the root of the issue.

Anybody complaining about afternoon starts in early Sept is 100% right in my book. They're miserable for the fans and dangerous for the players.

Yes. I understand the point that Byrne is making as well, but it's going to become more and more of a saftey issue as September becomes warmer.

I think several steps can be taken to offset the problem, but they won't outright solve it.

1) Spread the games out over several days the first 3-4 weeks of the season. That's easier during Labor Day weekend for obvious reasons and the fact the NFL hasn't kicked yet. Games can be played Thursday through Monday. For the remainder of the month, games are going to be more restricted to Thursday through Sunday, which can hurt attendance. Scheduling conference games earlier in the year to make these games more attractive can help. These games would obviously be played at night.

2) Sign up for a B1G or PAC12 challenge with home and home series, if you can get either to agree to it. The heat problem is more pronounced in the South, and playing during the day will be easier for a more prolonged period of time when you're visiting these teams. It also gives you a marque OOC game (sometimes) built in to the schedule.

3) More netural site games in domes. Florida needs a dome. Maybe Tampa will build one, as they should be talking new stadium soon.

Dallas, New Orleans, and Atlanta are southern domes that can or do host games now.

One man's arrogance is another man's indignation. In this world, you have to fight for what you want. I believe in conspiracies, and folks being biased, and envy and jealousy, and all those human factors that make life so interesting.

Good point. Saban, Sankey, and Emmert are all tight. We all know this.

Last edited:
Like Saban said, we're having trouble finding OOC opponents.
I am not a Bama fan but i am sure this can be an issue. It may br time for the athletic director to get involved. Tell some teams we will give you a basketball game at your place if youll play us home and away in football. Or for up the pay for a team to come in. For instance Kansas State we will give you 2 million to play us in Kansas City or something along those lines.

Thursday and Friday night games are always an option in September. Some are commenting on how freaky hot the summers are getting. It's hotter than a pepper sprout in these stadiums, to quote Johnny Cash.

Last edited:
They should do something about the disparity in the 11:00am (central) games). Sincere they started mandating the time LSU has only had 3 and Georgia has had 20 and Bama 8 according to a friend.

VN Store

Back