Bama Upset About Kick Off Times

rjd970

Alabama president, AD ‘disappointed’ about Tide’s latest daytime kickoff

Complaining the heat is too much for fans. Seems entitled to me but I'm sure some Bama fans will be around shortly to tell us all how they have been mistreated here.

University president Stuart Bell and athletics director Greg Byrne called the daytime kickoff a “disappointment” and added Alabama has “played more non-conference day games at home in September than any other SEC team since 2014.”
In a pair of tweets last week before the game, Byrne acknowledged that “television partners” control kickoff times and that he would “share opinions [and] advocate [Alabama] interests where I can but rarely publicly.”

A lot of teams in conference play afternoon games. This comes across as we are Bama and we shouldn't have to deal with this inconvenience.

It affects attendance. I don't know that the SEC could or should anything different, but it sucks to go to these games, and Bama keeps getting stuck with them. I don't know the solution, but I don't have a problem with the administration raising the issue.

It affects attendance. I don't know that the SEC could or should anything different, but it sucks to go to these games, and Bama keeps getting stuck with them. I don't know the solution, but I don't have a problem with the administration raising the issue.

Playing New Mexico affected attendance more than the heat did. Also, the heat get worse as the day goes on. Playing at 2:30 would be worse if it was about the heat, yet nobody complains. Wonder why attendance doesn't suffer at those games?

Bama's not stuck with anything. Nobody wanted to see them drub New Mexico. It's as simple as that and this is petty by Bama because they didn't like the crowd.

Try scheduling a home and home series with a decent opponent, and you will get a night game early in the year. You essentially get a free game every year to start the year in Atlanta because it's inside while other SEC teams play afternoon games. Then, you play crap games the rest of September, and TV is not putting those at night when a couple of SEC teams are playing worthy opponents.

Try scheduling a home and home series with a decent opponent, and you will get a night game early in the year. You essentially get a free game every year to start the year in Atlanta because it's inside while other SEC teams play afternoon games. Then, you play crap games the rest of September, and TV is not putting those at night when a couple of SEC teams are playing worthy opponents.

This. For anyone at Bama to complain about this would be stupid. No one is doing anything to you.

Reactions: rjd970 and 508mikey
The days of sitting through these heatstroke type games questioning the meaning of life are over. Two games on the home-docket for me this year. Tennessee, IF it's a night game and LSU, just because. Have I mentioned how much I love my 4KTV and backyard grill?

Playing New Mexico affected attendance more than the heat did. Also, the heat get worse as the day goes on. Playing at 2:30 would be worse if it was about the heat, yet nobody complains. Wonder why attendance doesn't suffer at those games?

Bama's not stuck with anything. Nobody wanted to see them drub New Mexico. It's as simple as that and this is petty by Bama because they didn't like the crowd.

Like Saban said, we're having trouble finding OOC opponents.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Well, if they didn't have the games on T.V., can you just imagine how irate the fans would be?

Entitlement? Yeah.

Like Saban said, we're having trouble finding OOC opponents.

Then why blame it on the heat and kick-off time? Advocating for better game times to the conference office smells of entitlement and pettiness.

Schedule some home and home's. Nobody is forcing Bama to schedule New Mexico in September.

Then why blame it on the heat and kick-off time? Advocating for better game times to the conference office smells of entitlement and pettiness.

Schedule some home and home's. Nobody is forcing Bama to schedule New Mexico in September.

When else are we going to schedule them? The SEC front loads our open weeks. Tennessee has the same issue, except that you guys don't have a bunch of P5 teams too scared to play.

So you want us to believe that Texas or Oklahoma for instance would not schedule a home and home with Alabama. Don’t believe it.

Now that a few years of ths playoff have shown that losing to Bama isn't the end of the world, and the fact that Saban is probably looking at retirement within 5 years, Texas and Notre Dame have signed up.

Before now? Yeah, very few major programs wanted anything to do with playing Bama.

Alabama President, AD: The SEC jus came n stuck a day game in ma booty!
BRrPr8Z.gif

When else are we going to schedule them? The SEC front loads our open weeks. Tennessee has the same issue, except that you guys don't have a bunch of P5 teams too scared to play.

You're crazy if you think there haven't been teams the last 5 years that would have signed up for H&H's with Bama. Nobody is scared, they were just never stupid enough to play a one shot de facto Bama home game on a nuetral field in Atlanta to open the season.

Besides, this was all about heat and game times anyway, right? At least according to Saban and Byrnes.

You're crazy if you think there haven't been teams the last 5 years that would have signed up for H&H's with Bama. Nobody is scared, they were just never stupid enough to play a one shot de facto Bama home game on a nuetral field in Atlanta to open the season.

Besides, this was all about heat and game times anyway, right? At least according to Saban and Byrnes.

They specifically said it's about the start times of our September OOC games.

And yeah, teams have been very unwilling to play us. Think Atlanta is too friendly to Bama? We played Louisville in Orlando last year because Miami backed out.

They specifically said it's about the start times of our September OOC games.

And yeah, teams have been very unwilling to play us. Think Atlanta is too friendly to Bama? We played Louisville in Orlando last year because Miami backed out.

Is there a single time Bama had to travel further than their opponent at a neutral season opener? I legit don't know, but I bet its once, by a little, if any at all.

And good for you guys. I wish UT would be that forward looking and do that instead of going to Oregon or Oklahoma. Bama has been good at playing these neutral opening games to beef resumes right out of the gate. If it hasn't helped at the end of the season, it certainly hasn't hurt.

But you can't do that and then say it is unfair they don't put the September New Mexico game later in the day. How much favortism do you guys really expect?

But you can't do that and then say it is unfair they don't put the September New Mexico game later in the day. How much favortism do you guys really expect?

All they're saying is "If you're gonna put 3/4 OOC games in the first 4 weeks of the year, can you at least put one of them on at night?"

Duke being at 2:30 was ESPN's call and not the SEC's, but that didn't really matter since it was inside. And I get that Bama is not going to get shuffled to the alternate channel any time soon. But there is no pressing reason that Bama-Southern Miss can't get the late SECN slot instead of Arkansas-San Jose St. Neither one is going to draw eyes away from UGA-Notre Dame.

All they're saying is "If you're gonna put 3/4 OOC games in the first 4 weeks of the year, can you at least put one of them on at night?"

Duke being at 2:30 was ESPN's call and not the SEC's, but that didn't really matter since it was inside. And I get that Bama is not going to get shuffled to the alternate channel any time soon. But there is no pressing reason that Bama-Southern Miss can't get the late SECN slot instead of Arkansas-San Jose St. Neither one is going to draw eyes away from UGA-Notre Dame.

Even if there is no pressing reason, so what? Seriously. Literally the only ones complaining about heat and time slots are Bama. Nobody else cares at all. The notion from Byrnes and Saban that Bama is not getting a fair shake is laughable. Straight up laughable. They’ve created this imaginary slight and now everyone else is rolling their eyes.

It’s so laughable that I don’t even believe it. It’s probably really an attempt walk back or change the narrative after Saban ranted against student attendance at the game again.

This whole story is just butthurt from Bama that they aren’t put first in something, anything, for a change and they can’t fathom that happening. It’s the entitlement syndrome gone crazy.

Everybody is crying about something nowadays. If people really want something to worry about football wise, look at the slow demise of football from America haters to legitimate injury concerns. Carry on....

VN Store

Back