Bama - the coaching tree that ain’t

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
Yea sure. Saban is the best college football coach ever.... and yeah sure... he’s produced a few great coaches through his tree...(Dantoni, Kirby, etc.)

But most of his coaches are not good when they try to become head coaches or coordinators.
A few duds come to mind.....
Sunseri
Dooley
Pruitt
Muschump

Bc Saban is the best of the best, people assume his staff can somehow use some sort of magic
Fairy dust and be the same!!!!!

But his staff is 0-24 vs Saban as head coaches lol... So all I’m saying is please never again. I know Fulmer left a weed for a coaching tree it’s so small!!

But no More bammers pls!! There is only one Dark Lord Saban and nobody else can copy him
Either....

Question: what current head coach has the most successful coaching tree?

Saban is the perfect storm.
- recruits as well or better than anyone else
- develops that talent and gets it to the NFL with many in early rounds
- wins at a level that no one else does which is a byproduct

Xs and Os matter but I think the trait that gets overlooked is his ability to manage all that with the focus on the details.

He has created a machine that endures all the changes.

Yea sure. Saban is the best college football coach ever.... and yeah sure... he’s produced a few great coaches through his tree...(Dantoni, Kirby, etc.)

But most of his coaches are not good when they try to become head coaches or coordinators.
A few duds come to mind.....
Sunseri
Dooley
Pruitt
Muschump

Bc Saban is the best of the best, people assume his staff can somehow use some sort of magic
Fairy dust and be the same!!!!!

But his staff is 0-24 vs Saban as head coaches lol... So all I’m saying is please never again. I know Fulmer left a weed for a coaching tree it’s so small!!

But no More bammers pls!! There is only one Dark Lord Saban and nobody else can copy him
Either....
Jimbo Fisher may be the best Saban pupil currently coaching

Sometimes I think hiring an assistant from Bama isn’t just because they think they might be good, but also because it’s taking away from them plus they might learn some of their secrets. I think this might be why Pruitt was hired honestly. That and because at the time we weren’t left with many choices in that coach searching debacle

VN Store

Back